Miami working on Richt extension

Say what you want about cmr.I'd father give him an extension than foldem(golden).things are finally getting back to where we should be.people around here have a very short memory and are way too impatient.end of 2015 future wasn't very bright compared to now.you need to ask yourself this do we wanna be stupid and go back to where it was then or do we want to stay on the tracks we are on and the direction we are going.if your not with us canes gtfoh!!!

Advertisement
Honestly I was happier after 2016 than after 2017. Partly because we ended on a strong note in 2016 (5 straight wins, all by at least 14 points) but a very weak note in 2017. And also in part because we lost all the close games in 2016 but won all the close games in 2017.

Plus you're supposed to be better in year 2 than year 1.
We didn’t play in ACC title game or the OB game in 2016. How would the finish have been with those games? When did winning all the close games become worse than losing them? And we beat the living crap out of two out of three of our biggest rivals in prime time and stole another last second win from noles. I get feeling sick to your stomach those last three, even four games, but coming one win from the playoffs beats the living crap out of some chump bowl game against a crap team.

You know what’s premature?

People bltching about an employment contract between private parties when they don’t even know the terms.

When, and if, this happens, and assuming the actual details of the terms are revealed, then maybe the employment psychology experts here might have a reason to weigh in.

From a purely PR and recruiting standpoint and as a public display of gratitude and respect, any kind of an extension, even if it’s just a “showpiece” extension, can be helpful.

It’s a way to show to the world that Miami has stability and is committed to the football program, in addition to the hundreds of millions of dollars spent for facilities improvement. It adds credibility and a sense of this is Miami NOW, one of the BIG players.

While we can’t come close to spending what the Alabama’s or other big publicly funded diploma mill SEC schools spend, not by a long shot, we can still show we are a strong high quality program, worthy of consideration, and their equal in every football way and superior academically.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm fully convinced that about half the people who complain on here nonstop are trolls from other fanbases.

For the actual canes fans: Richt is the man. He'll get us a ship by 2020. Enjoy the ride.
I said the same thing about a year ago, sadly it still holds true.

Advertisement
How do y’all not understand the recruiting side of this? An extension shows longevity to recruits and that he won’t retire when his contracts up in their senior year.

Couldn't agree more....all about recruiting ..... if you dont other coaches will start telling recruits he is retiring
- God knows who we would have picked as HC with Coach Richt
- Perfect Coach for us: Recruits, Raises Money, Not Going to the NFL & this is his home

Couldn't agree more....all about recruiting ..... if you dont other coaches will start telling recruits he is retiring
- God knows who we would have picked as HC with Coach Richt
- Perfect Coach for us: Recruits, Raises Money, Not Going to the NFL & this is his home

To give an unearned contract extension to a guy who has zero demand elsewhere, just to possibly appease recruits, is absolutely retarded.

This line of thinking is why we have been dog **** for 15 years.

To give an unearned contract extension to a guy who has zero demand elsewhere, just to possibly appease recruits, is absolutely retarded.

We’ve been dogshlt for 13 years (not the last 2 years) because of shlt coaches. Not because of extensions. Extensions don’t make bad decisions, coaches do. And coaches with extensions still get fired.

Advertisement
Well he did have us ranked #2 and put us in a playoff situation... The qb just **** the bed at the end...

Advertisement

Unearned? You kidding me? The dude has earned every bit of his money already. We just won the coastal for the first time EVER. We just landed a top 5 class and are poised to repeat.

Richt will leave here only when he wants to. The program will shut down before it fires Richt no matter what clowns like you think.

I’m gonna laugh my *** off when he gets a 10 year extension reading your clown posts. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

this

did we win an ACC championship yet?

This what?

You’re actually agreeing to a completely idiotic statement.

Nobody in college football actually finishes a contract and then gets extended. That’s called contract expiration, you big dummies. It’s not done.

That’s like publicly taking a shlt on your coach. God, you guys are dumb as fūck.

In fact rarely, if ever do contracts get extended close to the expiration date. Usually, unless the coach is in hot water, contracts are getting extended with a bare minimum of 2, and usually more years on the term.

I can understand a reasonable argument for maybe not doing it this year, but idiocy like this needs to be given the back of the hand.

We've been a complete disaster for 15 years and are now a top 10 program in the county again going into year 3. We're playing quality football and recruiting at an elite level. What more could you ask for?

I truly believe if Richt can't bring us back then we are royally ****ed. We can't pump out $7 mill a year for a coach, I don't see a better coach in the country for the value we got him at... at least were not Michigan overpaying for a coach that hasn't proved ****.

Advertisement
Back