Miami working on Richt extension

Advertisement
Didn't agree with Shannon's extension. Dam sure didn't agree with Golden's extension, but agree that Richt deserves one. This program has done a complete 180 since he's been here. He made us relevant again, and we were one bad hire away from going into College purgatory, and we were one average QB performance against Pitt from being in the playoffs gtfoh.

Advertisement
Dumbest. Fan base. Ever.

jorts.jpg

Coach Richt is in his bag. Well deserved. Maybe he'll pay off the rest of the IPF with some of that new deal money!

This what?

You’re actually agreeing to a completely idiotic statement.

Nobody in college football actually finishes a contract and then gets extended. That’s called contract expiration, you big dummies. It’s not done.

That’s like publicly taking a shlt on your coach. God, you guys are dumb as fūck.

In fact rarely, if ever do contracts get extended close to the expiration date. Usually, unless the coach is in hot water, contracts are getting extended with a bare minimum of 2, and usually more years on the term.

I can understand a reasonable argument for maybe not doing it this year, but idiocy like this needs to be given the back of the hand.

where is richt going?

where huh? is he near the expiration date? UM does not need to rush a contract out there

We really, really do...

We don't even know the terms of the original deal. We don't know the buy out if things don't work out.
We're over reacting to a suspect season in which we struggled against bad teams and got dropped by decent teams by giving Richt an extension.

The athletic department and BoT aren't evaluating and providing an extension to Richt based solely on game results. Do you legit have a sub 70 IQ?

Advertisement
where is richt going?

where huh? is he near the expiration date? UM does not need to rush a contract out there

He is retiring here. It doesn't matter whether we offer him a new contract now or next year. Get it through your thick skull that Miami will NEVER fire Richt, barring some major scandal.

He is retiring here. It doesn't matter whether we offer him a new contract now or next year. Get it through your thick skull that Miami will NEVER fire Richt, barring some major scandal.

If he continues to come up short, as he has done for his entire career, then yes, he will get fired.

Just like he did at UGA.

You realize after two years of Golden people were claiming we were back too, right?

Win the ACC, make the playoffs, then come talk to me about us being back and the HC retiring here.

It's not always a popular opinion but I think Jackson does a decent job with his Canes reporting- especially relative to our overall local print media coverage but this quote made me laugh:

"The length and financial terms of the extension are not known."

And that's a POSSIBLE extension that we're discussing too.

I'll check back when ANY additional details come to light.

Advertisement
If he continues to come up short, as he has done for his entire career, then yes, he will get fired.

Just like he did at UGA.

You realize after two years of Golden people were claiming we were back too, right?

Win the ACC, make the playoffs, then come talk to me about us being back and the HC retiring here.

lulz. He got fired after 15 years. He's already 58 years old, and clearly football isnt the only thing he cares about - he'll retire on his own in 5-7 years. And no, Miami will NEVER fire him before that. The admin will shut the program down and give trolls like you the middle finger before they fire him. lol.

It's not always a popular opinion but I think Jackson does a decent job with his Canes reporting- especially relative to our overall local print media coverage but this quote made me laugh:

"The length and financial terms of the extension are not known."

And that's a POSSIBLE extension that we're discussing too.

I'll check back when ANY additional details come to light.

Don't hold your breath lol. We will never know anything about the contract/s unless a buyout clause is near triggering. I don't see that happening with Rick.

Just like he did at UGA.

You're one miserable person, god ****.

We get it, you hate Miami and Richt. Maybe try posting something different for once.

Advertisement
Unearned? You kidding me? The dude has earned every bit of his money already. We just won the coastal for the first time EVER. We just landed a top 5 class and are poised to repeat.

Richt will leave here only when he wants to. The program will shut down before it fires Richt no matter what clowns like you think.

I’m gonna laugh my *** off when he gets a 10 year extension reading your clown posts. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:
Why do people keep saying this? It is false.

As it relates to the extension, its just a gesture. He will still retire when he wants, and we will still fire him if it is necessary. Not a real problem with it for this coach.

Don't hold your breath lol. We will never know anything about the contract/s unless a buyout clause is near triggering. I don't see that happening with Rick.

That's a good point. I do think they might leak some details now though if the overall value of the deal jumps him up on the list of highest paid coaches just to score some pr points. Then again, it's Miami so they might do their usual and try to keep everything hidden and/or obscure.

lulz. He got fired after 15 years. He's already 58 years old, and clearly football isnt the only thing he cares about - he'll retire on his own in 5-7 years. And no, Miami will NEVER fire him before that. The admin will shut the program down and give trolls like you the middle finger before they fire him. lol.

This.

We're talking about a coach who literally gave $1 million back to the school and had us 1 game away from an undefeated regular season last year.

And this was after most of us were convinced it would take 4 years to recover from Golden.

It's funny seeing the trolls and miserable posters whine about this, as if they even know the terms or have any reason to care.

Why do people keep saying this? It is false.

As it relates to the extension, its just a gesture. He will still retire when he wants, and we will still fire him if it is necessary. Not a real problem with it for this coach.

*top 6 class, happy?

And why does that, of all things, trigger you? We're talking about made up rankings here

Advertisement
Back