Miami vs MSU

20 posts confirming the need to **** on our upcoming season cause some here are afraid of getting their feelings hurt again.

Lmao.

Advertisement
20 posts confirming the need to **** on our upcoming season cause some here are afraid of getting their feelings hurt again.

Lmao.
AD78EAD3-C2A1-4273-B76D-BE34F9ED4BAB.gif

Advertisement
Canes roll Canes roll f michyst let go Canes all of this talk of being scared they're no push over yada yada take that nonsense to mich st boards. 🧤

Advertisement
Just curious, are you a fan of his because he went to Manheim Central HS?
Nah, he was a class ahead of me and we crossed paths at a couple of QB/7v7 camps. I don't know him, he just seemed like a decent dude and was a big recruit in Central PA at the time. Him and Musa Smith, he trucked my *** in a pre-season scrimmage so I kept an eye on his career at UGA too.

MSU should be much improved but they’re going to still not be very good. They have along way to go. Dantonio destroyed that program the last could years he was in charge

Fast players make players look fast.. I dont care how much coaching you do guys like McCloud and Jennings arent what people expect from a "fast miami linebacker" Dudes have been here 5/6 years under same coach in same defense, nothing he can do for them, same with corey flagg, Amari carter, Dj ivey, like we not gonna overwhelm them with speed.. Mich st aint fast either but they wont be scared.. Miami defense used to strike fear in teams, we slow af..
IDK. Our defense looked fast in the Spring game. Jennings and McCloud aren't playing LB r at least starting. Our secondary is solid. Striker is solid. Keontra Smith and Brooks at Will LB is solid. Only question mark is Flagg at MLB IMO. If Cave can imrove and be a contributor at MLB, our 2 deep back 7 are not the fastest, but fast.

We have a fast defense. This isn't a Big Ten defense.

Advertisement
Individual players being discussed in this post are ancillary. This game and how the season goes after it, comes down to the same thing the last two SEC Openers did; How our O-line performs against an SEC Defensive front in Game 1, that is among the best;

Against LSU, Miami only rushed for 83 yards, gave up 4 sacks and 2 Ints. Rough season followed.

Against UF, Miami only rushed for 87 yards, gave up 10 sacks. Rough season followed.

Having to put a W up against the reigning NC is gong to be tough - but if they get dominated again, they will get the blame by the fan base again, and that will likely result in the typical Cane's season of late. So, this season rides even heavier on their backs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manheim- I’ve been there if it’s the area around Hanover, PA close to Maryland? Every time I went over there - every day it was gray and depressing.
I used to live and work in Hanover PA, you are spot on with your assessment

Just my two cents:

Went to the MSU spring practice yesterday and a couple before this spring and they’ve improved alot from last year on offense with the new transfers. They were dog**** last year on offense. Kenneth Walker III the running back transfer from wake forest looks really good. Had over 1,000 yards rushing at wake he’s going to be starting, he’s legit.
Russo their transfer from temple threw some good balls for Naylor and Reed who run solid routes and get separation which worries me if Ivey has to run with either of them.

They are strong in the trenches. Solid d line and o line. #99 jay hunt is going to be a problembon their d line hes got a lot of power. I didn’t think Miami would have a problem with them this year but they look to of made a big jump from last year. Let’s hope Miami’s speed wears them out. Think this game might be bigger challenge then we expected.

I don't know how long you have been a Miami fan or how closely you follow the Canes, but this "miami speed" comment shows your not up what has been going on with UM over the last 6 years, with UM'S lack of speed on both O & D.

That said Miami will curb stomp MSU this fall in Miami. Watching MSU's spring them boys are going to wilt under the south Florida humidity. The dline looked strong because the MSU oline is straight poopoo.

An FYI that MSU spring game was scripted to make the offense look good, for those watching.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back