Miami vs MSU

Bubbacane10

Silver Stick Champion
Banned
Just my two cents:

Went to the MSU spring practice yesterday and a couple before this spring and they’ve improved alot from last year on offense with the new transfers. They were dog**** last year on offense. Kenneth Walker III the running back transfer from wake forest looks really good. Had over 1,000 yards rushing at wake he’s going to be starting, he’s legit.
Russo their transfer from temple threw some good balls for Naylor and Reed who run solid routes and get separation which worries me if Ivey has to run with either of them.

They are strong in the trenches. Solid d line and o line. #99 jay hunt is going to be a problembon their d line hes got a lot of power. I didn’t think Miami would have a problem with them this year but they look to of made a big jump from last year. Let’s hope Miami’s speed wears them out. Think this game might be bigger challenge then we expected.

Advertisement
Just my two cents:

Went to the MSU spring practice yesterday and a couple before this spring and they’ve improved alot from last year on offense with the new transfers. They were dog**** last year on offense. Kenneth Walker III the running back transfer from wake forest looks really good. Had over 1,000 yards rushing at wake he’s going to be starting, he’s legit.
Russo their transfer from temple threw some good balls for Naylor and Reed who run solid routes and get separation which worries me if Ivey has to run with either of them.

They are strong in the trenches. Solid d line and o line. #99 jay hunt is going to be a problembon their d line hes got a lot of power. I didn’t think Miami would have a problem with them this year but they look to of made a big jump from last year. Let’s hope Miami’s speed wears them out. Think this game might be bigger challenge then we expected.
I read an article in the Athletic last night about that "game". I had the same thoughts; sounds like their DL may be tough. I got the impression that the QB battle is still up in the air. I think they will be a tougher game, too. We really need to hope we don't lose anyone important to injury on the OL or DL in the Bama game. It could really hurt for games like this which follow.

We dont really have alot of speed.. When is last time we just look out right faster than a team? Its not really an emphasis, we dont recruit for it, we dont train or let these guys run track anymore. That midwest team not having speed and we will just run by them isnt really gonna happen like that in this day and age..

I read an article in the Athletic last night about that "game". I had the same thoughts; sounds like their DL may be tough. I got the impression that the QB battle is still up in the air. I think they will be a tougher game, too. We really need to hope we don't lose anyone important to injury on the OL or DL in the Bama game. It could really hurt for games like this which follow.
Absolutely. It was more of a practice with individual position drills, 7-7 and group stuff. I have clips from a lot of it but not sure how to post videos on here. I think you’re right I think it’s still on going Payton thorn and Theo day both having pretty good spring. We can afford to lose any on d line they’re big upfront.

Advertisement
We dont really have alot of speed.. When is last time we just look out right faster than a team? Its not really an emphasis, we dont recruit for it, we dont train or let these guys run track anymore. That midwest team not having speed and we will just run by them isnt really gonna happen like that in this day and age..
Everyone has speed now. It's not that we don't recruit it, it's that everyone recruits it. Good coaching makes players look fast, because it puts them in position to play fast.

Just my two cents:

anyone who thought this wasn't a 50-50 contest at best has not, and is not, paying attention.

Everyone has speed now. It's not that we don't recruit it, it's that everyone recruits it. Good coaching makes players look fast, because it puts them in position to play fast.
Fast players make players look fast.. I dont care how much coaching you do guys like McCloud and Jennings arent what people expect from a "fast miami linebacker" Dudes have been here 5/6 years under same coach in same defense, nothing he can do for them, same with corey flagg, Amari carter, Dj ivey, like we not gonna overwhelm them with speed.. Mich st aint fast either but they wont be scared.. Miami defense used to strike fear in teams, we slow af..

I would say our offense is fast. Harley, Rambo, knighton, pope, Wiggins, b smith when he gets in. We’re not slow. And Michigan state doesn’t have speed like that but that’s not even what my point was, more just this game is going to be tough because they play technically sound football and hardnose football. It’s going to be a tough game is all my point was

Advertisement
That name is never to be spoken of again.

Half Baked Reaction GIF

I went to a couple of 7v7 camps while Smoker was a big recruit in Central PA, seemed like a decent dude so I followed his career a bit. I think he went to Manheim Central HS, committed to MSU and had a decent career, ended up with the Rams for a year or two.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just my two cents:

I'm from Michigan and haven't seen any practices but they could improve alot and still be dog ****. They averaged 18 ppg last year. Walker is a really good rb and they had some good backs already. But every other spot they're below average at best. On defense the dline will be decent but remember drew jordan a backup at Duke will be a starter most likely. Simmons is gone and he was the best playmaker on defense. I'd expect them to be better but they have a big lack of playmakers on either side. We should win by 17 pts at least

I would say our offense is fast. Harley, Rambo, knighton, pope, Wiggins, b smith when he gets in. We’re not slow. And Michigan state doesn’t have speed like that but that’s not even what my point was, more just this game is going to be tough because they play technically sound football and hardnose football. It’s going to be a tough game is all my point was
I dont think we have same definition.. Like none of those guys strike fear in DC heart or alter gameplans.. I have seen Rambo do some impressive things in open field so hope that translates over but off that list thats all I see.. Harley is good player and will make plays but not a speed demon, I actually think Chaney is faster and the numbers have shown that compared to knighton who seems more like a wiggle guy with good speed (hope he took a leap as still young), Pope and wiggins lmaooo, Smith has to prove it in a college field/game before you lump him in..

Our offense has some good pieces and all but I dont see the guy who is blowing games wide open, strike up the band, score from anywhere on field types.. Like impact players, that scare DC. I cant comment compared to Mich st as I have not seen them but last game at rock we have mediocre teams blowing us out with ease.. We not in position to overlook any power 5 team

Advertisement
That name is never to be spoken of again.

Half Baked Reaction GIF

I went to a couple of 7v7 camps while Smoker was a big recruit in Central PA, seemed like a decent dude so I followed his career a bit. I think he went to Manheim Central HS, committed to MSU and had a decent career, ended up with the Rams for a year or two.
Manheim- I’ve been there if it’s the area around Hanover, PA close to Maryland? Every time I went over there - every day it was gray and depressing.

I dont think we have same definition.. Like none of those guys strike fear in DC heart or alter gameplans.. I have seen Rambo do some impressive things in open field so hope that translates over but off that list thats all I see.. Harley is good player and will make plays but not a speed demon, I actually think Chaney is faster and the numbers have shown that compared to knighton who seems more like a wiggle guy with good speed (hope he took a leap as still young), Pope and wiggins lmaooo, Smith has to prove it in a college field/game before you lump him in..

Our offense has some good pieces and all but I dont see the guy who is blowing games wide open, strike up the band, score from anywhere on field types.. Like impact players, that scare DC. I cant comment compared to Mich st as I have not seen them but last game at rock we have mediocre teams blowing us out with ease.. We not in position to overlook any power 5 team

Wow we’re the most painfully average team you still think should win 10+ games and go to the ACCCG.

Rambo and Harley dc’s will definitely game plan around. They will double up Rambo and leave somebody open. Harley is fast he can run over 22/23 mph his straight line speed is great. You “lmao” pope and Wiggins speed means you don’t realize they are two of the fastest kids on the team and in the acc just because they drop balls doesn’t make them slow.

and to your last point about mediocre teams that’s my whole point. You’re focusing mainly on speed I just posted to acknowledge MSU is improved from last year

Advertisement
Back