Miami vs Clempson

All we need to do is keep the game within three points going into the last half of the Fourth and we’ll have sent them a message. But I’d much rather surprise them in the ACCCG.

Advertisement
Having a legit star QB gives us a chance. Agree that to make it happen, will probably have to score well over 30. Can’t expect the defense to hold this team to 10. They will score, and when they do, can’t get too worked up about it - just need to get back out there and keep fighting.

also - they cannot keep getting baited into these 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties. Against a bad team, we can absorb those, but that is not going to work against CU. Giving them a bunch of penalty yards is just asking to be worked by 3 touchdowns.

OLine will have to be consistent to get good yardage on run plays to limit the amnt of time Lawrence has. RBs gonna have to fight for extra yardage. D has to be consistent w/ setting edge. If Jennings and McCloud are on the field at the same time a lot, they're gonna get sliced up. Minimal penalties. I think those things determine the game. Also, this is money game for transfers trying to go pro.

Question. Is Clemson oline not as experienced this year? I don't follow them but swore i saw someone mention this

we have a chance to beat them. cant get down on oursleves if we give up touchdowns or dont score. our team will just have to keep fighting keep chipping away like the miami heat do.

Advertisement
Today I’m more confident in the canes next year against Alabama than I am in them again Clemson in 2 weeks. And I don’t think they beat Alabama.

Clemson has a number one overall pick playing quarterback for them and the best defensive coach in football. They have out recruited Miami for a long time now as well.

My expectation is King has to play the best game of his life, Lashlee has to add a ton of wrinkles to the setup misreads, and we need a lot of lucky breaks with zero mistakes to beat Clemson. The Defense will also have to play the best game since Notre Dame in 2017 as well. A lot has to go right for a win here.

This will be the most competitive they have been against Clemson in a long time but losing by 10-21 is still a very likely outcome.

Will Jalen and Hall have to sit out Due to their ejections or are they good to go in this game? We need them!!!

Today I’m more confident in the canes next year against Alabama than I am in them again Clemson in 2 weeks. And I don’t think they beat Alabama.

Clemson has a number one overall pick playing quarterback for them and the best defensive coach in football. They have out recruited Miami for a long time now as well.

My expectation is King has to play the best game of his life, Lashlee has to add a ton of wrinkles to the setup misreads, and we need a lot of lucky breaks with zero mistakes to beat Clemson. The Defense will also have to play the best game since Notre Dame in 2017 as well. A lot has to go right for a win here.

This will be the most competitive they have been against Clemson in a long time but losing by 10-21 is still a very likely outcome.
Probably so, but I don't think the talent gap is as big as you do. The Miami roster is full of four stars. You add bolden and Philips and King to that mix and it's essentially a Notre Dame or Oklahoma type talent roster. Still a big underdog to a Clemson or Alabama but not impossible if things go right.

Clemson is going to hold the oline to no end because the pathetic excuse of the ACC and their hired refs have allowed it to happen for way too long.

Advertisement
Etienne and Lawrence's scrambling ability are what worry me the most. Too often the defense wins on first and second down, only to give up big yards on dump offs to the back or a QB run. Gotta be able to get off the field now and then against these guys.

A winnable game but will take a heisman esque effort by King. Which is possible.

Most worried About clemson beating us up on the edges.

I always look for a win but in a loss. We need to keep it close to change the narrative of that its Clemson and the rest of the ACC.

Advertisement
It's a winnable game for us with Lashlee and King, but we need to play clean. No stupid penalties, no dropped passes, no muffed punts. Also, it will get overlooked because we scored on every drive in the first half, but King actually missed his fair share of wide open WR's. Overthrew Brevin on the opening drive and didn't see a wide open Pope later on. Gotta have those against Clemson because they won't give you very many second opportunities.

Gonna be a tough game, but will be interesting to see how we stack up to the best in the country. They'll likely expose any weaknesses we have, and it'll be a grind all game long.

Winning this type of game is why King decided to come to Miami. He is currently around #5 in the Heisman rankings. If he leads Miami to a W over Clemson, I believe he takes the lead for Heisman and it's his to lose. Winning the Heisman turns him into a 1st round pick as some teams will see Russell Wilson 2.0.

Miami also becomes the transfer destination of top QBs so losing King to the draft doesn't hurt that bad.

Get your heads right. They are an elite program, performing at the top of the sport for nearly a decade, with a historic QB and one of the greatest defensive minds of our lifetime.

Don’t get too high right now and don’t get too low during the game, or after. We should not be able to compete with them just because of a new OC and QB, no matter how good they've been.

It takes years to do what Dabo has done, it will takes years for Manny to get there (if he even does). I’m thrilled with this season thus far. Recommend y'all appreciate what’s happening and let the game play out, then let the year finish.

But get your head right.

Respectfully disagree it didn't take LSU years to run through the SEC and throttle Clemson.. we have just as many athletes and an aggressive opportunistic defense as them. We're finally using them correctly on both sides of the ball. We should be able to COMPETE.

Advertisement
Guys are seriously underestimated the recruiting advantage the top 5 programs in college football have had over Miami and how long they have enjoyed that benefit. I get we are high off the wins and have some spots where the canes are legitimately top caliber (QB, K, P, TE, RB, DE, S) but there are other spots where today the depth and even starters don’t measure up to the top teams (WR, OL, CB, LB).

The recruiting talent index at 247 isn’t perfect by any means and they have Miami as the 17th most talented team in college by recruit rankings. This team is in the second tier of talent in my opinion and well on its way to being in that top tier soon if they keep playing this way and can recruit off of it.

Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State are on that next level.

Just show up and don’t get clowned and if we lose... take care of business the rest of the year and we’ll see them again in December

Guys are seriously underestimated the recruiting advantage the top 5 programs in college football have had over Miami and how long they have enjoyed that benefit. I get we are high off the wins and have some spots where the canes are legitimately top caliber (QB, K, P, TE, RB, DE, S) but there are other spots where today the depth and even starters don’t measure up to the top teams (WR, OL, CB, LB).

The recruiting talent index at 247 isn’t perfect by any means and they have Miami as the 17th most talented team in college by recruit rankings. This team is in the second tier of talent in my opinion and well on its way to being in that top tier soon if they keep playing this way and can recruit off of it.

Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State are on that next level.
Interesting. Does that index include the transfer portal? I have a hard time believing the talent is that bad when you add King, bolden and Philips. I agree that the talent before the transfers was second tier. Although let's not act like 17th is hugely under talented. A good coach can win with that kind of talent.

Hot take, I’m not worried whatsoever about our offense vs Clemson. The only concern we have is if the defense comes to play which remains to be seen
This Clemson coaching staff against Blake Baker is a mismatch

Advertisement
Back