Miami vs Clempson

Get your heads right. They are an elite program, performing at the top of the sport for nearly a decade, with a historic QB and one of the greatest defensive minds of our lifetime.

Don’t get too high right now and don’t get too low during the game, or after. We should not be able to compete with them just because of a new OC and QB, no matter how good they've been.

It takes years to do what Dabo has done, it will takes years for Manny to get there (if he even does). I’m thrilled with this season thus far. Recommend y'all appreciate what’s happening and let the game play out, then let the year finish.

But get your head right.

I am under no delusions that Miami wins. But that's ok. If that's our only loss until the ACC championship game, how can anyone be displeased? That's how you turn a program around. I'll say this though, LSU was average in 2018, then got a QB and absolutely smoked Clemson in 2019. All it took was a dynamic OC and stud QB. Well.. I know a team that kinda resembles that comment.

Advertisement
27AB72A8-F89B-4B93-92D8-257C0A190E61.jpeg

Advertisement
I honestly don't care much about this game. Win or Lose we will more than likely have to play them again in the ACC championship if we take care of business. An thats when it will really matter.
I will text you the score then as you won't be watching.

Get your heads right. They are an elite program, performing at the top of the sport for nearly a decade, with a historic QB and one of the greatest defensive minds of our lifetime.

Don’t get too high right now and don’t get too low during the game, or after. We should not be able to compete with them just because of a new OC and QB, no matter how good they've been.

It takes years to do what Dabo has done, it will takes years for Manny to get there (if he even does). I’m thrilled with this season thus far. Recommend y'all appreciate what’s happening and let the game play out, then let the year finish.

But get your head right.
Oh I wholeheartedly agree. This is still Clempson. I understand. They are at the top of the mountain. My thing is: if we prepare after a bye, play fundamentally sound and match their speed and intensity, we have a chance. We know this ain't a walk in the park. Believe me I agree with you, @IndayArtHauz
My thing is, after watching that OT victory so many times by Clempson, that was the game for them. The game that made them say, Miami is our monkey on our back. We get past them, w can compete with anybody. Granted, took em 4-5 yrs layer, but it is what it is. They had the coaching, not the players.

We've had the talent, not the coaching (see Pitt, Cuse and UNC's close call). In this weird year, we cat m may have more than a puncher chance. That's all I'm saying. We just can't feed into the hot if all I'm saying. I'm confident we win the rest of our games minus the Clempson first matchup. But I feel confident I'm with Rhett and some defensive competence (minus the delayed blitzes from 15 yrs out) we can show enough pearn enough and hopefully play em again a la NE vs NYG in 2007 when NE was uNdEfEaTeD.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know, some people hate moral victories, but in sport they are a reality. Play them to within 14 points and to me, that's almost as good as a win from where we've been to where we could possibly be going.

Pull off the upset, ****, look out college football but don't get ahead of ourselves and finish out the season. Our time is coming either way if we keep playing at this level.

P. S. Get me that LB'er that's currently committed to Tennessee.

Advertisement
I am under no delusions that Miami wins. But that's ok. If that's our only loss until the ACC championship game, how can anyone be displeased? That's how you turn a program around. I'll say this though, LSU was average in 2018, then got a QB and absolutely smoked Clemson in 2019. All it took was a dynamic OC and stud QB. Well.. I know a team that kinda resembles that comment.

I'm with you, but gotta see what this OL does against a baller *** DL.

Well, that and I sure as heck would like to have those LSU receivers. They had some sticky *** hands and were old school Big East physical.

Lets see. If we can give them a game and hang in there anything is possible. Will be tough to stop that QB.

Advertisement
That and you can't give Etienne the lanes we've been giving up. He'll house a few if we don't maintain gap integrity.
Agree Etienne is very dangerous and if he gets going it will be impossible. They do some incredibly well executed miss direction plays...our defense being over aggressive could be a real issue

I'm with OP. We CAN beat Clemson.

It wouldn't mean that we are a better team or a more talented team or a more experienced team or a better coached team. It also wouldn't mean that we could do it again in the ACCCG or CFP.

It would just mean that we beat them that one game, and it's early enough in the season and during a year where home field advantage doesn't mean much so it CAN happen. And we have a new, hungry OC with some tricks up his sleeve, so it definitely CAN happen.

Pittsburgh did it in 2016, Syracuse in 2017. Other teams have done it versus other great teams in the past. It's called "CLEMSONING" and it CAN happen and it does happen so why not us???

BRING ON CLEMSON!!! GO CANES!!!

But get your head right.
You're right, Inday. But, hey, UNC played em close last year with true freshman Sam Howell. It can be done, but it shouldn't be expected.

Advertisement
Back