Miami vs Clempson

Was Venables the DC when …
- Clemson was beaten by Pitt?
- Clemson was beaten by Syracuse?
- Last year when Clemson almost lost to UNC.

Clearly Pitt, Syracuse and UNC had solved the recruiting/talent gap by…well, they never did; they just came to play and didn’t worry about their *****-assed fans who felt they would be “boatraced”, “killed”, “a few years away” or should just “keep it close…a moral victory“.

Miami will beat Clemson because they have the athletes and offense to do it and a good enough defense. Miami doesn’t have to play perfect, they just have to play to win.

Advertisement
You know we'll be playing the acc zebras too. No way they'll let they're media darlings go down easy.

Advertisement
Remember that feeling when we played a big game that you just knew we'd win?

Getting there. Beer helps.

It's Clemson….

Pump your brakes.

They will score at least 30 on us.

Can we score 45, on them?

Love the win. Clemson is 2 levels stiffer competition. And motivated to beat the up and coming Canes.

Our D will decide the game.
We used to beat these guys senseless when we came into the ACC. Anybody can be beat, we've been in the basement for quite a long time and are now coming up for air

Just looking at the ACC schedule and had a few thoughts:

- Clemson has to play AT Notre Dame on 11/7 and AT Va Tech on 12/5 Anything can happen, especially at Va Tech on 12/5

- Assuming the teams to make the ACC championship will come from Clemson, ND, Miami, UNC, Va Tech, or Pitt:

- Clemson is @ND and @Va Tech but play Miami and Pitt at home. ----- Clemson doesn't play UNC
- Miami @ Clemson and @ Va Tech but play UNC and Pitt at home ----- Canes don't play ND
- UNC @ Miami but play Va Tech and Notre Dame at home. ---- UNC doesn't play Clemson or Pitt
- Va Tech @UNC and @ Pitt but play Miami and Clemson at home. ---- Va Tech doesn't play ND
- Pitt is @ Miami and @ Clemson but play ND and Va Tech at home ----- Pitt doesn't play UNC
- Notre Dame is @Pitt and @UNC but play Clemson at home ---- ND does not play Miami or Va Tech

So Miami, Va Tech, Pitt and Clemson play 4 of 5 other contenders while UNC and ND play only 3 of 5 other contenders.

I wonder what the tiebreakers are given not everyone plays each other.....

Advertisement
I was rewatching some footage of Clemson v WF. The main thing that stood out to me was how little penetration their DL got, for years they would get home with just 4. WF QB had time to throw and his WRs had some drops. On offense Clemson is well oiled. They dissected WF zone Defense.

This game will be a shootout. We should be able to generate alot of pressure on Lawrence, we will need big games from the DTs or else it's a wrap. They use alot of misdirections and screens. Baker will either get props or his head will be on the chopping block after. Lashlee is an elite OC, and King will be Heisman contender by seasons end, so I'm confident we will score points.

Can we get enough stops to win the game I'm not sure. Diaz should take over calling this game, last time they hung 38 on him. He needs redemption. This is a great time to play Clemson.

Get your heads right. They are an elite program, performing at the top of the sport for nearly a decade, with a historic QB and one of the greatest defensive minds of our lifetime.

Don’t get too high right now and don’t get too low during the game, or after. We should not be able to compete with them just because of a new OC and QB, no matter how good they've been.

It takes years to do what Dabo has done, it will takes years for Manny to get there (if he even does). I’m thrilled with this season thus far. Recommend y'all appreciate what’s happening and let the game play out, then let the year finish.

But get your head right.
Exactly. Go back and watch when Bama played Clemson the second time in the Natty, Venerable had Bama’s O so confused. He neutralize their potent offensive schematically. I think we’ll made a game out of it finally but we have to keep building.

Interesting. Does that index include the transfer portal? I have a hard time believing the talent is that bad when you add King, bolden and Philips. I agree that the talent before the transfers was second tier. Although let's not act like 17th is hugely under talented. A good coach can win with that kind of talent.
Where is Mississippi State? Eddie O would like to know.

When Clemson had problems with Pitt and Syracuse and NC state those teams were underrated and snuck up on them. We will be top ten and they’ll be juiced to ***** our season like they did in 2017

Advertisement
It's Clemson….

Pump your brakes.

They will score at least 30 on us.

Can we score 45, on them?

Love the win. Clemson is 2 levels stiffer competition. And motivated to beat the up and coming Canes.

Our D will decide the game.
Sounds great but floss your teeth. You have a clumbson pubic hair stuck between your teeth...

Key in my book vs Clemson is sustaining drives, that's how the Cuse gave them fits for two years. It's not like they hit them for a huge amount of big plays or points, but they tempo'd them, and mitigated Clemson's physical advantages upfront/

To me, the big difference in our favor is that this Miami team is more than capable of also hitting the home runs and putting up quick points

IMO, Miami needs about a +2 advantage in the turnover battle in this one to have a chance

Advertisement
Fact is we will need to score 40+ to have a chance cause they are gonna score on this defense..But this can be done and more than anything I just want us to play a competitive game with these guys with a chance to win in the fourth.
I’m tired of getting our brains beat in every time we play one of these prime time games against the upper tier of CFB

Let’s let the CFB world know that what they fear is in the process of becoming reality.

Miami is becoming a power again.We may not be there yet but at the worse we are close.Be afraid CFB.Be very afraid.

Honestly I am more worried about Pitt than I am about Clemson. Even if we lose the Clemson game I think we will compete. Games like Clemson one take a emotional toll on you and it’s hard to rebound from that sometimes.
If we were b*tch slapped FSU style I'd tend to agree. But if we showed we can play with them maybe not. That's one reason I'd glad Pitt did well against Louisville so there's no overlooking them.

Get your heads right. They are an elite program, performing at the top of the sport for nearly a decade, with a historic QB and one of the greatest defensive minds of our lifetime.

Don’t get too high right now and don’t get too low during the game, or after. We should not be able to compete with them just because of a new OC and QB, no matter how good they've been.

It takes years to do what Dabo has done, it will takes years for Manny to get there (if he even does). I’m thrilled with this season thus far. Recommend y'all appreciate what’s happening and let the game play out, then let the year finish.

But get your head right.
You’re speaking with logic. It’s a long shot but to say we have no chance is silly. We can’t be upset if we play hard and lose. However, I clearly remember a Syracuse team outplaying them and almost winning even with sunshine at QB.

Advertisement
Back