Miami vs Clempson

Advertisement
Guys are seriously underestimated the recruiting advantage the top 5 programs in college football have had over Miami and how long they have enjoyed that benefit. I get we are high off the wins and have some spots where the canes are legitimately top caliber (QB, K, P, TE, RB, DE, S) but there are other spots where today the depth and even starters don’t measure up to the top teams (WR, OL, CB, LB).

The recruiting talent index at 247 isn’t perfect by any means and they have Miami as the 17th most talented team in college by recruit rankings. This team is in the second tier of talent in my opinion and well on its way to being in that top tier soon if they keep playing this way and can recruit off of it.

Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State are on that next level.
F### recruiting, the players still needs to be coached up by competent coaches. Those teams that are noted always recruited well and had good defenses, the thing that helped them were good qb play and coaching. They have transfers at qb other than Clemson and Bama. We finally have an offensive staff that understands concepts and mismatches. I dislike so many of you fare weather fans crying about recruiting. Yall wanted South Fla recruits we have them, crying about running a spread we have that. Cried about an offense that couldn't keep up with our defenses of the past we have one now, so now you guys change the narrative to our defense is bad but younpost about most of the defense players being best in nation. Come on guys enjoy what is happening and hold on for a great ride. We are shocking the world against Clemson! Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have to be able to handle some adversity, they will make plays, lots of them. We just need to take them and not get down about it. I don't think we have enough talent to win, but you never know.

I am under no delusions that Miami wins. But that's ok. If that's our only loss until the ACC championship game, how can anyone be displeased? That's how you turn a program around. I'll say this though, LSU was average in 2018, then got a QB and absolutely smoked Clemson in 2019. All it took was a dynamic OC and stud QB. Well.. I know a team that kinda resembles that comment.
LETS DO IT! Go canes!

You do realize all the coaches kids were playing 2d half against Wake and Elcid. Combined 1st half scores when most of our starters were in 76-0.
You will have our full attention. We have nothing to prove. You do.

Bukkaked? Considering your last 2 games against us, I'd hardly be talking **** about an *** whippin in the Natty game. By the way, it was 28-25 late 3rd. Faaaaar closer than you've been against us after the opening kickoff.
Lawrence got pulled very late in the 3rd when Clemson kicked a field goal and went up 37-3 against Wake. The Citadel was completely outmatched against Eastern Kentucky. Yes, I realize Swinney played the last two series against The Citadel. Your #2 did not light up the board when he came in. The kid from Connecticut at QB blows.

Of course, Miami has something to prove. We will be competitive. That's all you can ask for right now if your Miami. It's going to take some time, but our 2021 class looks to be great and it is stacked with South Florida kids.

BTW, it took Swinney 4 years to win the ACC when the ACC was horrible. Then another 4 years to stop being FSU's *****. Great coach no doubt. You'll be waving bye, bye once Saban retires. Momma will be calling.

You did us a favor. I'm quite happy that Dabo beat the snot out of Golden. So thanks for that. And yup, you sure whupped a Miami team missing 3 of its best players. Herndon, Ammon Richards, and Mark Walton all out. Congrats on beating a depleted Miami team. That's quite an accomplishment.

Not long ago I actually respected Clemson fans. You acted like you'd been there before. Now you are acting like Seminole fans around 2014. Fate has a funny way of rewarding that kind of ****iness.

Do I think Miami will win? No. I'd give it a 5% chance. But win or lose it doesn't change the fact that Miami is turning the program around. Take it from a Miami fan- no dynasty lasts forever. I didn't care much about Clemson's fate long term but now I think it's going to be extra satisfying to watch when it all eventually goes sideways for you.
Once Bama rolls up the Brinks truck and asks their alum to come home.

Advertisement
You do realize all the coaches kids were playing 2d half against Wake and Elcid. Combined 1st half scores when most of our starters were in 76-0.

Bukkaked? Considering your last 2 games against us, I'd hardly be talking **** about an *** whippin in the Natty game. By the way, it was 28-25 late 3rd. Faaaaar closer than you've been against us after the opening kickoff.
First time I can recall someone from CU on this board. Obviously we have their attention now.

Hypothetical:

Let's say we were going into Clemson with the same team & same staff, except instead of D'Eriq King we had Joe Burrows playing at his 2019 Super Saiyan 4 level. Does Miami win decisively or do you think we are too deficient at other positions?

Hypothetical:

Let's say we were going into Clemson with the same team & same staff, except instead of D'Eriq King we had Joe Burrows playing at his 2019 Super Saiyan 4 level. Does Miami win decisively or do you think we are too deficient at other positions?
No, it would be more like Joe Burrows 2018. I'm not sure Lashlee run this offense with a Buechele-type QB. Burrows success had a lot to do with Joe Brady and those receivers. King is perfect for what Lashlee really wants to do. A little bit of Nick Marshall and a little bit of Steve Buechele. What I love about this version is he is using the running backs as receivers a **** of a lot more. He is also targeting the tight ends more than he did at SMU. The really good news is we got our wideouts involved against FSU.

We got a pet tiger in the house, can we keep it?

Advertisement
That’s because you have a ******.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
tenor - 2020-09-10T212253.623.gif

Advertisement
Lawrence got pulled very late in the 3rd when Clemson kicked a field goal and went up 37-3 against Wake. The Citadel was completely outmatched against Eastern Kentucky. Yes, I realize Swinney played the last two series against The Citadel. Your #2 did not light up the board when he came in. The kid from Connecticut at QB blows.

Of course, Miami has something to prove. We will be competitive. That's all you can ask for right now if your Miami. It's going to take some time, but our 2021 class looks to be great and it is stacked with South Florida kids.

BTW, it took Swinney 4 years to win the ACC when the ACC was horrible. Then another 4 years to stop being FSU's *****. Great coach no doubt. You'll be waving bye, bye once Saban retires. Momma will be calling.
Against Wake, ETN's last carry was a 2 yd td with over 10min left in 3rd to go up 34-3.
Yes, our backups were a hodge podge of rookies and coaches kids. It's well stated Dabo plays more players than anybody.
Besides, i dont expect to have to see the #2 qb anyway. You'll see plenty of TL, ETN and company.

No, it would be more like Joe Burrows 2018. I'm not sure Lashlee run this offense with a Buechele-type QB. Burrows success had a lot to do with Joe Brady and those receivers. King is perfect for what Lashlee really wants to do. A little bit of Nick Marshall and a little bit of Steve Buechele. What I love about this version is he is using the running backs as receivers a **** of a lot more. He is also targeting the tight ends more than he did at SMU. The really good news is we got our wideouts involved against FSU.
Lol, LSU had 14 players drafted off that team. And that's just the ones that were eligible. Waaaaay more talented than the team you have no matter the qb.

It's not horrible now......thanks to us. The rest are garbage. Been having to overcome the weak *** acc perception last several yrs.

Advertisement
Back