Miami vs Clempson

It appears that they include transfers.

I agree being top 25 in talent with top 25 coaching gives a team a fighting shot, and Miami could be closer to top 10-15 in talent than 20-25. But these top 5 teams recruit on a level that Miami isn’t at today and hasn’t been at in a long time.
More probably never.

Advertisement
Some stats: UM 3 games, CU 2 games

Mia / Clem
points - 43.3 / 43.0
opp pts - 19.3 / 6.5
pass yds - 266.7 / 309.5
rush yds - 232.3 / 173.5
King - 67% / 153.9 QR
T.L. - 81% / 234.6 QR
int's - 4 / 0
Keep in mind that Clemson has played Wake and the Citadel, 2 easy teams. They get a better test this week vs. UVA.
UM has played better overall competition in their 3 games.

Guys are seriously underestimated the recruiting advantage the top 5 programs in college football have had over Miami and how long they have enjoyed that benefit. I get we are high off the wins and have some spots where the canes are legitimately top caliber (QB, K, P, TE, RB, DE, S) but there are other spots where today the depth and even starters don’t measure up to the top teams (WR, OL, CB, LB).

The recruiting talent index at 247 isn’t perfect by any means and they have Miami as the 17th most talented team in college by recruit rankings. This team is in the second tier of talent in my opinion and well on its way to being in that top tier soon if they keep playing this way and can recruit off of it.

Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State are on that next level.
Clemson turned the corner with good QB play. That's what King has brought us. I think King gives us a chance to win

I chat it up with a Clemson buddy every few days. They’re not what they usually are at LB and secondary. Their D line is talented but very young.

Receivers look just ok. But a senior ETN, Lawrence and their coaching is enough to be elite no matter who else you have.

Advertisement
I believe and seen that Clemson secondary is not that great! Good but not great. #23 continually got beat by Wake receivers but qb either missed the throw. I believe our offense is in another level and can score against this defense. This is not the junior led team with Ferrell, Wilkins and the other folks that crushed us in 2017. Their Oline is decent, i know both players on their left side of the line being from Cincinnati. My son is cool with Bockhorst the left guard. He doesn't move well and i expect Nesta to have a good game against him. If we can get pressure on Lawrence like 2017 Syracuse we will be in a good spot.
Jack Carmen is from my high-school, good ole fairfied Indians. Surprised he didn't go to OSU.

Key in my book vs Clemson is sustaining drives, that's how the Cuse gave them fits for two years. It's not like they hit them for a huge amount of big plays or points, but they tempo'd them, and mitigated Clemson's physical advantages upfront/

To me, the big difference in our favor is that this Miami team is more than capable of also hitting the home runs and putting up quick points

IMO, Miami needs about a +2 advantage in the turnover battle in this one to have a chance
Agree. Lawrence is everything for them in the first two games. They couldn't move the ball after he left in the 3rd quarter against Wake Forest. Wake Forest's defense looks beyond pathetic. Clemson scored 1 touchdown after he left against The Citadel. The Citadel is down right awful. Got blown out by Eastern Kentucky would got embarrassed by Marshall and WVU. Let's see if UVA gives them some competition.

I will say this. Never a better time to roll into Death Valley. Limited film on us. No more than 16K in the stadium. You can get tickets on Stub Hub for $288 a piece. I like the attitude of our kids. All refuse to take the touchdown rings. Humble group of kids as well. Even though Phillips was a chucklehead I like the fact he greeted the team as they left the field at halftime. I am certain their kids will have no respect for Miami.

K State walks into OU and beats them. Yes, they beat them last year but K State coming off an embarrassing lost against Arkansas State. Mississippi State walked into Baton Rouge and won. Texas Tech should have beaten Texas. They barely beat Houston Baptist the week by 2 points. 2020 is going to be crazy. Why not us?

Last edited:
Here’s the thing. We haven’t had a game yet without making a bunch of mistakes. You can’t muff or fumble a punt on special teams, miss easy tackles on defense, or drop half a dozen balls on offense and expect to beat Clemson. It’s insane we did all this and still whooped FSU. They are horrible. Reality is Diaz has been complete dog$hit on games after bye weeks. Hopefully Lashlee’s focus and intensity takes precedence here. We clean up the mistakes and it’s very possible.

Advertisement
Do y’all trust Clemson WR’s? Amari Rogers is straight but I think they’re suspect beyond that.

my biggest worry is defending Travis Etienne. Think he’s going to be a problem.

Get your heads right. They are an elite program, performing at the top of the sport for nearly a decade, with a historic QB and one of the greatest defensive minds of our lifetime.

Don’t get too high right now and don’t get too low during the game, or after. We should not be able to compete with them just because of a new OC and QB, no matter how good they've been.

It takes years to do what Dabo has done, it will takes years for Manny to get there (if he even does). I’m thrilled with this season thus far. Recommend y'all appreciate what’s happening and let the game play out, then let the year finish.

But get your head right.

We have a shot.

Even if Clempson wins - and we win out the rest of our games - we get Clempson again.

And they WON'T beat us twice.

Believe it or not, LSU's OL actually gave up more sacks than Miami's OL in 2018 (35 to 27). They were literally one of the worst in the country. One year later, with a new OC and a QB who may have had the greatest season for a QB of all time, they still gave up 35 sacks (Miami gave up a putrid 51). So the fact that Clemson had a top pass rush against a weak OL was irrelevant in the championship game. Burrows still found a way to win. Miami's OL is much improved from last year. LSU showed there are ways to beat Clemson even with a mediocre OL.
LSU had the greatest season ever from a qb, as well as 14 players drafted. You aint LSU.

Yall are gonna come in talking that U **** and get boatraced. I think you're improved but your Oline will have issues. 45-24.

Advertisement
I chat it up with a Clemson buddy every few days. They’re not what they usually are at LB and secondary. Their D line is talented but very young.

Receivers look just ok. But a senior ETN, Lawrence and their coaching is enough to be elite no matter who else you have.
Lb's are fine. Mike Jones playing well and Skalaski is a stud. Secondary is the question mark. Kendrick at one corner is good but the other side has alot to prove. Talent is there but experience is not. Safety play just ok as well.

LSU had the greatest season ever from a qb, as well as 14 players drafted. You aint LSU.

Yall are gonna come in talking that U **** and get boatraced. I think you're improved but your Oline will have issues. 45-24.

Why'd you wait until yesterday to create an account and post here? Did it take that long to wipe the **** out of your eye after LSU bukkaked your team with the whole world watching?

BTW you are right - we ain't LSU. We are the Miami Hurricanes. 5x national Champs. That's 1 more than LSU and 2 more than your favorite team. I look forward to the day that Saban retires and Alabama snatches up Dabo. Every program eventually falls. Your time is coming.

Last edited:
Agree. Lawrence is everything for them in the first two games. They couldn't move the ball after he left in the 3rd quarter against Wake Forest. Wake Forest's defense looks beyond pathetic. Clemson scored 1 touchdown after he left against The Citadel. The Citadel is down right awful. Got blown out by Eastern Kentucky would got embarrassed by Marshall and WVU. Let's see if UVA gives them some competition.

I will say this. Never a better time to roll into Death Valley. Limited film on us. No more than 16K in the stadium. You can get tickets on Stub Hub for $288 a piece. I like the attitude of our kids. All refuse to take the touchdown rings. Humble group of kids as well. Even though Phillips was a chucklehead I like the fact he greeted the team as they left the field at halftime. I am certain their kids will have no respect for Miami.

K State walks into OU and beats them. Yes, they beat them last year but K State coming off an embarrassing lost against Arkansas State. Mississippi State walked into Baton Rouge and won. Texas Tech should have beaten Texas. They barely beat Houston Baptist the week by 2 points. 2020 is going to be crazy. Why not us?
You do realize all the coaches kids were playing 2d half against Wake and Elcid. Combined 1st half scores when most of our starters were in 76-0.
You will have our full attention. We have nothing to prove. You do.
Why'd you wait until yesterday to create an account and post here? Did it take that long to wipe the **** out of your eye after LSU bukkaked your team with the whole world watching?
Bukkaked? Considering your last 2 games against us, I'd hardly be talking **** about an *** whippin in the Natty game. By the way, it was 28-25 late 3rd. Faaaaar closer than you've been against us after the opening kickoff.

Advertisement
Get your heads right. They are an elite program, performing at the top of the sport for nearly a decade, with a historic QB and one of the greatest defensive minds of our lifetime.

Don’t get too high right now and don’t get too low during the game, or after. We should not be able to compete with them just because of a new OC and QB, no matter how good they've been.

It takes years to do what Dabo has done, it will takes years for Manny to get there (if he even does). I’m thrilled with this season thus far. Recommend y'all appreciate what’s happening and let the game play out, then let the year finish.

But get your head right.
You speak the truth and everything you said is spot on. That being said this is one game and anything can happen in one game especially now that we do have that QB/OC combination that is capable of more than improving production but is capable of catching lightning in a bottle and going on a special run this year like LSU did last year.

Add to that the pressure is all on them. They are expected to win where nobody really expects us to. We should go in to that game loose and confident ready to ball and have fun doing it. I don't expect for us to go in to Death Valley and make it look easy as Clemson is not only deep and talented but extremely well coached. I just want to see us go in to that game, not be intimidated, have fun, compete, leave it all out on the field and let the chips fall where they may.

F*ck off, Tiger trash.

You do realize all the coaches kids were playing 2d half against Wake and Elcid. Combined 1st half scores when most of our starters were in 76-0.

Bukkaked? Considering your last 2 games against us, I'd hardly be talking **** about an *** whippin in the Natty game. By the way, it was 28-25 late 3rd. Faaaaar closer than you've been against us after the opening kickoff.
Format your posts better so they don't get flagged as spam, please.

The algorithm senses fear and I don't want to wake up to 30 of your messages that need approval.

You did us a favor. I'm quite happy that Dabo beat the snot out of Golden. So thanks for that. And yup, you sure whupped a Miami team missing 3 of its best players. Herndon, Ammon Richards, and Mark Walton all out. Congrats on beating a depleted Miami team. That's quite an accomplishment.

Not long ago I actually respected Clemson fans. You acted like you'd been there before. Now you are acting like Seminole fans around 2014. Fate has a funny way of rewarding that kind of ****iness.

Do I think Miami will win? No. I'd give it a 5% chance. But win or lose it doesn't change the fact that Miami is turning the program around. Take it from a Miami fan- no dynasty lasts forever. I didn't care much about Clemson's fate long term but now I think it's going to be extra satisfying to watch when it all eventually goes sideways for you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back