Miami vs Clempson

Interesting. Does that index include the transfer portal? I have a hard time believing the talent is that bad when you add King, bolden and Philips. I agree that the talent before the transfers was second tier. Although let's not act like 17th is hugely under talented. A good coach can win with that kind of talent.

It appears that they include transfers.

I agree being top 25 in talent with top 25 coaching gives a team a fighting shot, and Miami could be closer to top 10-15 in talent than 20-25. But these top 5 teams recruit on a level that Miami isn’t at today and hasn’t been at in a long time.

Advertisement
Our offense needs the game of its life.

Our defense needs a couple of well-timed turnovers.

All I ask is that we don't hand the game to them: no stupid penalties, no drops, no fumbles, etc.

I am under no delusions that Miami wins. But that's ok. If that's our only loss until the ACC championship game, how can anyone be displeased? That's how you turn a program around. I'll say this though, LSU was average in 2018, then got a QB and absolutely smoked Clemson in 2019. All it took was a dynamic OC and stud QB. Well.. I know a team that kinda resembles that comment.
Sure but talent wise LSU has been top 5 stacked in terms of talent with a glaring weakness at QB. We aren’t anywhere to that level yet. I think we will keep this competitive for 3 quarters before they pull away. Remember that this is a road game without the disadvantages. Stadium will be a quarter full and the crowd won’t be that big of a factor.

Advertisement
Get your heads right. They are an elite program, performing at the top of the sport for nearly a decade, with a historic QB and one of the greatest defensive minds of our lifetime.

Don’t get too high right now and don’t get too low during the game, or after. We should not be able to compete with them just because of a new OC and QB, no matter how good they've been.

It takes years to do what Dabo has done, it will takes years for Manny to get there (if he even does). I’m thrilled with this season thus far. Recommend y'all appreciate what’s happening and let the game play out, then let the year finish.

But get your head

I’m more worried about the players and staff if we lose. How do they bounce back against Pitt and then Va Tech. These next 3 games decide Miami’s season in my opinion.

I have full confidence in Lashlee to get the O prepared to take it to Clemson - we can definitely put up points on their D. But I'm scared at what Lawrence is gonna do to Baker's D.

I can promise you Clemson isn’t going to be playing 3 down lineman the way Louisville and FSU did. They will be coming after King all night.

Our o-line will have to play out of their minds to contain them. Let’s see how Lashlee schemes around Clemson blitzing all night

this is the game we find out the true extent of the lashlee king effect. No matter what happens I'm happy with what they've brought us. This defense will not win us this game IMO, our only hope will be a shootout like that lamar jackson game vs clemson. Would take a near perfect game and I think it could happen. I know Lashlee is gunna be schemin hard these next two weeks hope Baker can do the same.

Advertisement
This Clemson coaching staff against Blake Baker is a mismatch
Jeebus, do you find a way to mope about everything? You spent most of the gameday thread finding problems.

Go get laid, get drunk, or fire up a blunt. Whatever it takes to get you to your happy place because the mope schtick is way past its sell by date.

I may be in the minority on this but I'm not sure that I would empty the play book or act like this game is win at all costs.

Sure a win would be monstrous but just making em sweat at home would be good. There's no guarantee we make the ACCCG if we lose so I could see the argument to go all out to try and win it. We could drop a game we shouldn't and get caught on the outside looking in. So if there's a chance to win it late I would say go for it but I wouldn't start the game with a plan to pull out all the stops and fire every bullet we have in the chamber trying to win.

Id come out and play our game, scheme up their film, and approach them like any other game this season. Maybe install some **** to try and use down the stretch if it is close. That's just me though. I am sure Herm Edwards and many of you on here would disagree.

Advertisement
I can promise you Clemson isn’t going to be playing 3 down lineman the way Louisville and FSU did. They will be coming after King all night.

Our o-line will have to play out of their minds to contain them. Let’s see how Lashlee schemes around Clemson blitzing all night
Clemson mixes it up soo much you never know how Venables chooses to attack, I have even seen him rush 1 or 2 players only

Ima gonna get busy (Father Sarducci accent here), start baking lots and lotsa humble pies for after the game with Clemson.

Man it’s going to be a chess match i think, they aren’t as perfect as ppl think, they are some chinks in that armor
Not much different than the team LSU blew out and Ohio state should have beat. We are going to have To stop Lawrence from running all over us on broken plays and we have a shot to win imo. Our offense is lethal and will get theirs, the defense just needs to get SOME stops.

Advertisement
Lashlee going to his side ready to play. Promise you, he aint scared of ******* Clumpsun. Diaz knows the importance of this game. I expect him and E Reed to be all up in the meetings for this 1. This would be a program changing win. We need to keep speed on the field on defense. I want to see Brooks, and TAC in the game.
We need sideline to
Sideline LB’s running down #9 and those 2 fit the bill

Advertisement
Back