Miami opens 10.5 Fav over GT

Our offense is really banged up and defense was getting gashed by FSU.

Plus this is a classic let down spot and they've had two weeks off

Gonna be ugly

Advertisement
Can we not have a collective heart attack of they gain yards on the ground? Even when we beat them easily they run for 300. It's what they do.

Can we not have a collective heart attack of they gain yards on the ground? Even when we beat them easily they run for 300. It's what they do.

Yes. Mighty GA TECH is going to get their yards on the overland express. Miami has to TIGHTEN up their defense when they near the ' red zone' and get a few turnovers like last season in the ATL. hUh.

That looks like a terrible line. With our tackling woes, we might wind up with 5 possessions the entire game.

This could be a nailbiter that swings on the last possession. GT has looked REALLY good this year.

Miami has been on the right side of the line all year and Vegas really undervalued us the first two games. I agree this looks like too big of a swing the other way. I thought it would be 7.5-8.

Edit: just saw it's 6.5. My guess this moves over a touchdown.

I second your notions. I, too, thought Miami would open at either - 7 1/2 or 8 1/2.

Advertisement
That looks like a terrible line. With our tackling woes, we might wind up with 5 possessions the entire game.

This could be a nailbiter that swings on the last possession. GT has looked REALLY good this year.

but they've beaten two one win teams in Pitt & UNC and and FBS team and lost to a crap Tenn, so there's that.

Yep. Pitt and UNC are poor, but GT completely dominated them. I've watched them play 3 times year, and they're very good. You know who else is greatly improved? UVA.
I agree. I've watched GT and if we are undisciplined it's going to be a dogfight. UVA looked pretty good against Puke as well.

Its a good point about our possessions. Richt and Rosier were miserable in the first half against FSU and a big part of it was just the total lack of rhythm and continuity. Can't let GT control the clock.

They do play to our strength, and can't really threaten our weakness though.

Sure hasn't looked like our strength if you're meaning stopping the run.

but they've beaten two one win teams in Pitt & UNC and and FBS team and lost to a crap Tenn, so there's that.

Yep. Pitt and UNC are poor, but GT completely dominated them. I've watched them play 3 times year, and they're very good. You know who else is greatly improved? UVA.

This. I’ve also watched them. UVA will be a good contest. We will need to play our best. UVA embarrassed Boise St @ BSU. Doesn’t happen often. The rest of our games are all not to be taken lightly.

Pitt beat Clem last year.

Just win. This isn't a game to worry about looking dominant.

Those guys will get their rushing yards. Try to limit the damage, hit them hard, get to the QB early and force some turnovers and get out of their with a W.

Advertisement
I think our front 7 matches up very well with Ga Tech. As well, I think our offensive talent will be too much for Ga Tech to handle.

When its all said and done.....Canes by 13.

34-21. Canes

Just win. This isn't a game to worry about looking dominant.

Those guys will get their rushing yards. Try to limit the damage, hit them hard, get to the QB early and force some turnovers and get out of their with a W.

amen.

Advertisement
GT has a top ten defense.

We cant assume will will just get ahead of them. I am wary of the ginmicky 3-4 Manny used previously. Have a feeling "old woman" Johnson will be ready for that.

I agree. I've watched GT and if we are undisciplined it's going to be a dogfight. UVA looked pretty good against Puke as well.

Its a good point about our possessions. Richt and Rosier were miserable in the first half against FSU and a big part of it was just the total lack of rhythm and continuity. Can't let GT control the clock.

They do play to our strength, and can't really threaten our weakness though.

Sure hasn't looked like our strength if you're meaning stopping the run.
Yeah I just meant our front 7. If our focus is the run I think they hold up.

We'll see though.

Advertisement
I've bet big on Miami all season, and it's been great. But I'm not touching this game.

I think we win by 10, but again, no thanks.

I've watched a lot of GT this season and they're good. Quite good. And while they're going to chop block and run on you, they've been more consistent in the passing game. That said, I think we force a fumble + recovery, and our linebackers have a breakout game after underwhelming all season. GT's O puts our LBs front and center, and they'll shine in the limelight.

Front 7 is the key to this game. I hate this offense but if we go up 10-14 we can shut them down. They are slightly better at throwing it but we need to knock the QB out the game

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

This reminds me of that game last year where the opponent doubled us in time of possession, out-gained us, and ran for 260 yards and 5 per carry.

Oh wait, that was the G'tech game we won by 2 touchdowns on the road.

I've seen all of this talk about GT being the best GT team Johnson has had. Well, let's take a look.

They lost to Tennessee 42-41 in 2 OT. They blew that game, but lost regardless. Tennessee is 3-2, with 2 of those wins against Indiana State and UMass, in a game they easily could have lost. UT is averaging 24.2 points per game and giving up 25.6.

They beat Jacksonville State, 37-10. JSU is #4 in FCS. I'm not going to analyze this game as it's an FCS opponent.

I would have loved to have seen them play UCF in Orlando. UCF is 4-0, ranked #22 and has rolled everyone they have played including Maryland 38-10 in College Park, but the game was done in by Irma.

They beat Pitt 35-17 in Atlanta. Pitt is 2-4. They needed OT to beat Youngstown State 28-21 who is #3 in FCS. They got blown out by Penn State, absolutely skull ****ed by Oklahoma State, beat a horrible Rice team (that FIU beat) and lost to Syracuse. Pitt is averaging 24.3 points per game. Pitt is giving up 31.

They beat UNC 33-7 in Atlanta. UNC is 1-5. UNC lost to 3-3 Cal at home, they lost to Louisville 47-35 at home in a game that wasn't as close as the score, they beat Old Dominion, lost to Duke to Duke at home and were raped by Notre Dame at home. UNC is averaging 25 points per game and giving up 33 points per game.

Look, GT is a good team. This won't be an easy game, but I think we win, even with our injuries. GT still has Clemson, UGA, VT and even a road game at UVA left. Since they missed the UCF game, they play 11 like us, so I see GT at 7-4 this year. There is nothing they have done so far to prove (and, yes, I've watched their games, I'm not just looking at scores) to say they're a great team. They're good, but nothing different than past GT teams that go 8-4 and we beat by 10-20 points.

Almost everyone on defense has played against this offense. The safeties concern me a little, but hopefully they play assignment football. Delaney should know this offense like the back of his hand. They played it at the Citadel and he played against it a couple of times a year in his conference. Not worried about him.

Advertisement
Back