Miami offers DT Neville Gallimore from Canada

Next year I think we will be in good shape at QB. With Gallimore, we go from one of the weakest starting DTs to one of the best when we pair him up with second year Moten. With those two positions greatly upgraded we become an immediate powerhouse. In this instance, yes, one guy makes a huge difference.

Name one top 10 defense in the last decade that had a true sophomore and true freshman starting at DT.

Advertisement
New article, I selected the highlights and paraphrased:

July 27, 2014

UM on Canada DL's recruiting map

4-star DL Neville Gallimore isn't your average recruit.

For one, he grew up in Canada and currently plays at St. Catharines Prep Football Academy in Ontario - they play against U.S. teams.

Also making him anything but ordinary: He's punted for club teams, and growing up he split time between playing football, basketball (he can dunk), soccer, volleyball and, yes, handball.

Certainly there's no denying his talent on the football field. He was timed at The Opening at 4.96 seconds in the 40, and he benches 365 pounds and squats 505.

At 6-3 and 311 pounds he's being recruited to play both end and tackle.

Gallimore currently lists 27 offers, including Miami (the Canes offered in May).

"I've done my research on Miami," Gallimore said. "When you talk about Miami, a lot of Hall of Famers come from that program. When you hear the name Miami, the Hurricanes, there's a lot of history behind it. When it comes to football they stand out.

"It's a good program, a school I'm definitely interested in. The amount of good players they've brought that have gone on to the next level ... there's a good education there, it's a well-respected school."

Gallimore says he has no favorites right now, and so far he's taken unofficial visits to Ohio State and Eastern Michigan. He has no other visits set up right now.

He says he is in the process of narrowing down his list and will have that done at some point this fall.

He says "it's a very great chance" he will visit Miami, but he says he's talking over his visit plans with his family and coaches.

Coach James Coley is recruiting him to UM.

"I talk to him often, and coach (Al) Golden, we talk over Twitter as well," Gallimore said. "They just let me know how important I am to them, how much I can definitely benefit the program. They're doing their jobs but also show how much I can value the University of Miami."

Gallimore says he plans to announce a final decision "most likely on signing day, but if not then it'll be during the U.S. Army game."

Of what he wants in a college, Gallimore said, "The connection I have with coaches, the program itself. And academics. The main thing is no matter where I go I'll be far away from home so I want it to be a home away from home, have a very strong connection with teammates and coaches."

And FYI:

HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3213888/neville-gallimore

With Coley recruiting him and with what he says here I csan't say that he's a pipe dream but we do need him to visit first

According to Gallimore (per 247) the 5 teams with the best shot to sign him are UF, FSU, Notre Dame, Ohio St, and OU.

So much for that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is a long time between now and NSD. I have said it several times his school is trying to keep the hype about him high so that they can atrract attention to the start up program. Notice his top 5 schools have the most rabid fan base with wide reaching national appeal.

ND has national audience
OSU has the midwest
OU has the western audience
UF brings the nasty gator Nation and sec bunch
FSU are the champs and bring the entire east coast

Where as publicized strong interest in Miami has more often than not caused a recuits national ranking to either drop or at best plateau.

Never forget Gallimore's head coach is Cal Berkeley grad so he is smart as **** and understands how to manipulate the recruiting system to gain maximum exposure. As long as Miami stays on this kid UM will be there at the end to get a Official Visit an lock him up.

Go Canes

Last edited:
There is a long time between now and NSD. I have said it several times his school is trying to keep the hype about him high so that they can atrract attention to the start up program. Notice his top 5 schools have the most rabid fan base with wide reaching national appeal.

ND has national audience
OSU has the midwest
FSU are the champs and bring the entire east coat

Never forget Gallimore's head coach is Cal Berkeley grad so he is smart as **** and understands how to manipulate the recruiting system to gain maximum exposure. As long as Miami stays on this kid UM will be there at the end to get a Official Visit an lock him up.

Go Canes

:nba-ray_allen-serio

ND has national audience
OSU has the midwest

Where as publicized strong interest in Miami has more often than not caused a recuits national ranking to either drop or at best plateau.

Go Canes

Talk about a reach.

214.gif

Advertisement
DT recruiting continues to be absolutely abysmal.

I ACT SURPRISED.

Last edited:

ND has national audience
OSU has the midwest

Go Canes

If your little story is true why not name Bama they are the biggest name out

ND has national audience
OSU has the midwest

Go Canes

If your little story is true why not name Bama they are the biggest name out

Don't waste your time. The dude is on the spectrum. I swear

Advertisement
Sorry, but I don't see us getting this kid.

Put Chips in on trying to get Wicker or Shuttle out of state. Or land the JUCO Ledbetter or the two way kid Norton.

To you guys that think I am reaching take a look at the schools football website and how they are promoting this kid as an program example of what the school can do for potential Canadian recruits that want to play in the US. It's in their best interests to keep him hyped up.

http://www.canadaprepacademy.ca/

UM will be there at the end.

Go Canes

Will likely take an OV to Miami per new 247 article.

Cites Miami tradition, relationship with Golden and Jethro as reasons.

I will crown paranos with a pious Crown of Thorns if we ink this 5 star savage.

Advertisement
Back