Miami offers DT Neville Gallimore from Canada

Advertisement
Last edited:
This is Gallimore dunking

[video=youtube_share;uggwHofR_9I]http://youtu.be/uggwHofR_9I[/video]

Can't lock down SFla, so we go to Canada.......

FSU can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada
UF can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada
ND can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada
O$U can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada
MSU can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada
NEB can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada
WIS can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada
UCLA can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada
WVU can't lock down XXXX so they go to Canada

Cause they have ALL offered this kid. Big, giant, fail.

:diaf:

Last edited:
Advertisement
This kid is ohio st boud until futher notice.

What makes you say that, please share your thoughts and reasons with us, conidering he has said from day one he wants to pay in warm weather.

Listen to his first interview before he was counseled by his coach to be more reservred and discreet during interviews

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/rcs-detroit-neville-gallimore-131800035.html

Go Canes

you just linked a video where the recruit didn't even mention miami lol. And he said he would "like to" play in warm weather but he would need to take a lot of things into consideration. No where does he say he wants to warm weather as if he was excluding all the cold weather schools.

What makes you say that, please share your thoughts and reasons with us, conidering he has said from day one he wants to pay in warm weather.

Listen to his first interview before he was counseled by his coach to be more reservred and discreet during interviews

Go Canes

you just linked a video where the recruit didn't even mention miami lol. And he said he would "like to" play in warm weather but he would need to take a lot of things into consideration. No where does he say he wants to warm weather as if he was excluding all the cold weather schools.

lol

Advertisement

What makes you say that, please share your thoughts and reasons with us, considering he has said from day one he wants to pay in warm weather.

Listen to his first interview before he was counseled by his coach to be more reserved and discreet during interviews

Go Canes

First off as a Staff Writer you should research a topic thoroughly before attempting to marginal someone's post. If you did this then you would know that Gallimore did that interview before he was offered by Miami, so how would he mention miami as one of his offers without having one. As sports writer you should know how to read an interviewee's non-verbal cues when gauge a response to questions, an by watching the interview you can clearly tell he favors playing in a warm by his excited body language when talking about playing in warm weather.

Now lets also look at where he was ranked at the time of the interview as a rising prospect playing for a start-up Canadian Prep program which needs as much publicity as they can get, so the more vague Gallimore is about his favorite colleges the more interest he will garner for himself and his high school. To prove my point he went from relative unknown under radar kid to Canada's #1 player that was also invited to the Nike Open and US Army All American game (which is a combination first). But again you should know how to read between the lines as a sports writer. Also in doing you research you should have found out his High School coach is Geoff McArthur former UC-Berkley All American Wr, so he is a very smart man who has prepped his player on what to say during an interview to build his brand. The coach also knows like everyone else that a recruits ratings are partially based on school fan base's interest in that recruit an the schools chances of landing him, an interest from schools with larger subscription bases tend to boast a players profile significantly. Which is just what happened with him attending events at OSU and gaining interest from Big 10 schools which happen to have rabid fan bases. His interviewing responses become more reserved over time because he tipped his hand in this one, compared to the later ones.

So long story short doubt me on this if you want, but do not try to marginal what I have said without doing thorough due diligence, considering I was the first to mention this young man any Miami fan board. Its funny how Miami's coaching staff seems to feel very good about their chances of landing him, but yet you in your wisdom seem to think that is a trivial stance to take. Makes you wonder what is being said to them when the camera's are not around. But I guess they must be wrong to considering by your own statement he has a lot of things to take into consideration. Such as somethings laid out in CS article by a staff writer that has spoken to Gallimore about his interest in Miami an Gallimore stated he is looking a team that feels likes family since he will be far away from home (check one box for Miami), a good education (check 2nd box, UM is highest academically ranked school of all the programs he is considering), and finally warm weather is a bonus based on 1st interview (check 3rd an final box).

To help you here is his 2nd interview notice how much reserved he is from the first one.
[video=youtube;JBRvbmA6120]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBRvbmA6120[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
[video=youtube;UijhPKEi52k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UijhPKEi52k&list=PLm9qpGEDi7ED7PciQFuR9UqEWgl9tVoxb[/video]

Paranos I never said anything about how Miami feels about him. You're taking a few sentences i said and turning it into a bunch of stuff I never touched. I never said we have no shot at him. I responded directly to your post and everything I said was correct. You're taking a little thing and going a long way with it is all I said. And I stand by it. "Wouldn't mind playing in warm weather" does not equal he has said he wants to play in warm weather from day 1, meaning he won't go to a cold area.

Again, I never commented on whether or not he got coached up his coaches on how to respond to interviews. I never said I doubted you on anything. All I did was respond to your post which had misinformation. I did not marginalize anything. You had misinformation in your post. There is nothing in that interview that shows Miami has a great shot at landing him or that he said from day 1 he really wants to play in warm weather. Valid's comments come from that Gallimore has only visited OSU this summer. I know our staff is on him hard. So is every staff in the country. If we can't get Gallimore on campus by the end of the summer he is going to be a very hard pull. We would have to absolutely great OV and build the strongest relationship.

"Its funny how Miami's coaching staff seems to feel very good about their chances of landing him,

I'm not saying we won't land him. I never even came close to saying that in my post. But the miami staff also thought other players were going to chose Miami and went elsewhere. We are recruiting him hard and IF we get him on a uov this summer we are really in the game. If not we have to secure an OV from Gallimore (who has every school in the country recruiting him hard) and then win him over during that weekend. It can be done, but very hard. If you look at our commits from 2014, most kids had been on the campus more than one time.

"but yet you in your wisdom seem to think that is a trivial stance to take."

Where did I say this in my post?

"But I guess they must be wrong to considering by your own statement he has a lot of things to take into consideration."

It wasn't my statement. It was Galliores own statement. He said he wouldn't mind playing in warm weather but he went on to say he has a lot of things to consider. And if galliore came to miami, it would because he considered a lot of things, not just the warm weather. Miami staff won't think they'll land him just because the weather lol. They'll think they'll land him because they recruited him the hardest and sold him the right pitches. Made him feel at home. Made him feel wanted. The weather is a bonus, not a deciding factor.

"Family feel...check a box for miami....good education... check a box for miami"

We aren't the only school that can make a prospect feel at home, just ask Shaq's dad. Although, our staff does a better job than the majority of the country. Probably the best school at making each prospect feel at home. Prospects always say they want the best education for themselves but then choose schools with low academic standards. Not saying Galliore is one of them, but the education line is thrown out by nearly every prospect and only a handful holdup that word.

I'm done discussing this, but no need to go on a long a diatribe and attribute my comments to areas I did not touch. I respect your contributions to the board but you had wrong information in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back