Miami offers DT Neville Gallimore from Canada

01Canes

Senior
@demetricdwarren: #Miami offers 2015 Stud DE/OLB Neville Gallimore (Canada Prep Academy, ON) @Path2Greatwork @VarsityPreps @SouthRecruit1 #TheU

@cmanderson247: @underwoodsports: Gallimore will be four-star prospect. Crazy good. Up to about 320 right now and moves like an LB.

Gallimore is a really intriguing player who's currently unranked but has a bunch of quality offers, including ones from UCLA, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Nebraska. Will be interesting to see if we have a shot.

http://247sports.com/Player/Neville-Gallimore-45155

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3213888/neville-gallimore

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember in the original version of that 2nd tweet how I was the one having the conversation with Chris Anderson.

Dang. Shame that that vanished when posted.

Advertisement
Can't lock down SFla, so we go to Canada.......

We've had some excellent players from Canada (Sherko, Romberg, McGrath on 2001 team alone). And we will never lock down South Florida--you're delusional if you think we can, or there's any reason why we should be able to. No coach has ever done it, not Howard, not JJ, and don't try to rewrite history and say they have.

By the way, Alonzo Highsmith was a Canadian football player. Yeah, he played a few years at Columbus, but before that, he spent a number of years in Canada.

Most of our great DTs were not from south Florida anyway.

Last edited:
I wonder if this kid has any Florida connections. Although he spells his name slightly differently, with two "l's" instead of one, the legendary running back Willie Galimore was from St. Augustine and played at FAMU. He is in the college football HOF.

Of course, for most of the children on this board, Willie Galimore is probably too long ago for any of you to remember. Same with his son, Olympic gymnast Ron Galimore (1980 Olympic team). First black gymnast I ever saw.

Can't lock down SFla, so we go to Canada.......

UM has always done well with players from Canada. At one point back in the day UM players help set up football camps for high school kids and that was how kehoe landed quite a few canadians. UM has signed players like Richard Mercier, Brett Romberg, Jonathan St. pierre, Sherko Haji-Rasouli and even Orlando Franklin came to the US from Canada. An all of the players named above have played in the NFL after leaving UM, so I think it's great to revive the Oh Canada pipeline to south Florida.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;FJTKzK5nzh0]http://youtu.be/FJTKzK5nzh0[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wonder if this kid has any Florida connections. Although he spells his name slightly differently, with two "l's" instead of one, the legendary running back Willie Galimore was from St. Augustine and played at FAMU. He is in the college football HOF.

Of course, for most of the children on this board, Willie Galimore is probably too long ago for any of you to remember. Same with his son, Olympic gymnast Ron Galimore (1980 Olympic team). First black gymnast I ever saw.

The kid is from Caribbean descent so he would fit right in south Florida and has plainly stated he wants to play in very warm weather in the video interview.

Go Canes

I hope we get all the players we offer with DT beside their name. Miami is a very desired destination among Canadians I would think.

I live about 4 hours north of Canada Prep. The football in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton region of Ontario, Canada is becoming competitve with some American region, (not the great ones, hockey continues to rule.)
Canada Prep is locate don the border of USA and Canada and plays in an American league and is a private school as well.
A coach I have contact with, in an adjacent region, who is a former NFLer himself (only 2 years, then 3 years in the CFL), has told me he will be coaching there this upcoming fall. They have legit players and some good coaching already.
It's the only private of that nature in Ontario so I'd imagine it attracts quite the talent from the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area for those trying to gain attention from the NCAA (it's very hard in Canada, even though there are some real players.)

I should have looked at his highlights first. If this kid is 6'3 300 lbs, DE and moves that fast, I'll lick a crack ho's dirty feet! If his size and weight legit we should try to get him in this class!

Advertisement
How is this a reach if all of the following schools have offered him Oklahoma, Nebraska, ND, Wis, Cincy ( are you going to tell us Tommy Tubberville can't evaluate talent) and OSU ( urban meyer is a douche but he knows talent) . Urban is recruiting him personally so this will be a dog fight and the d-line coach from OU is practically camped out up there.

This kid is going to be a beast for whoever lands him.

Go Canes

I live about 4 hours north of Canada Prep. The football in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton region of Ontario, Canada is becoming competitve with some American region, (not the great ones, hockey continues to rule.)
Canada Prep is locate don the border of USA and Canada and plays in an American league and is a private school as well.
A coach I have contact with, in an adjacent region, who is a former NFLer himself (only 2 years, then 3 years in the CFL), has told me he will be coaching there this upcoming fall. They have legit players and some good coaching already.
It's the only private of that nature in Ontario so I'd imagine it attracts quite the talent from the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area for those trying to gain attention from the NCAA (it's very hard in Canada, even though there are some real players.)

Thanks for sharing the info about Canada Prep . I would love to see them play school like IMG Academy from Bradenton, FL or the other new IMG type school being built in south florida. ESPN should add them to their football tournament.

They have an interesting program, here is a link.
http://www.canadaprepacademy.ca/

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
AloNzo highsmith was not an Canadian football his nephew is my best friend and my friends dad mr highsmith was born and raised here so that's bs ****

The kid is from Caribbean descent so he would fit right in south Florida and has plainly stated he wants to play in very warm weather in the video interview.

Go Canes
THIS KID WILL BE A 5 STAR

AloNzo highsmith was not an Canadian football his nephew is my best friend and my friends dad mr highsmith was born and raised here so that's bs ****

His dad played pro football for a while canada in the 70's so Alonzo played football and basketball in high school up Canada.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alonzo_Highsmith

But lets not digress from the OP, landing this Canadian manchild would be a very good pick up for miami.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back