Miami offers DT Neville Gallimore from Canada

Advertisement
Unbelievable talent. His profile says he runs a 4.75 at 300+ lbs. His highlights make it look like his profile is accurate. Fine, Gallimore, and Moten would be the best DT rotation in college football. If we can get this guy, keep our current recruiting class intact, and get lucky with injuries, we will make the college playoffs by the 2016 season by the very least.

I remember Willie Galimore with the Bears. He was one of the greatest open field RBs to ever play football.

you're saying the "best DT rotation in college football" about three guys that have never played CFB? Wow.

Do we have a shot?

Yes a very good shot for various reasons, but how the defense performs on the field will also play a bigger factor. The longer he stays uncommitted the more hype and TV interviews he will get both for himself an his school. He tips his hand about wanting to play in a much warmer climate in the first thread I posted about him.

The good thing here is that because he is an international student it makes it very very hard for the bag man to get involved, since then you would be talking a federal offense for tampering with the F-1 Visa program by providing undeclared benefits.

His coach is a Cal Berkeley grad so he is a very smart man, and you can tell he has been coaching Gallimore on how to handle interviews based on his respones in the last interview from the NFTC in Ohio.

Here is the link to his intial video interview where he states he wants to play in a warm weather climate.
https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/RCS-Detroit-Neville-Gallimore-1125414

Here is a link to the first thread I started about Gallimore
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/75390-Neville-Gallimore-2015-DT-as-a-Miami-Prospect

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement

Here are some highlights:

"Also making him anything but ordinary: He's punted for club teams, and growing up he split time between playing football, basketball (he can dunk), soccer, volleyball and, yes, handball.

Certainly there's no denying his talent on the football field. He was timed at The Opening at 4.96 seconds in the 40, and he benches 365 pounds and squats 505."

" 'It's a good program, a school I'm definitely interested in. The amount of good players they've brought that have gone on to the next level ... there's a good education there, it's a well-respected school.' "

"He says 'it's a very great chance' he will visit Miami, but he says he's talking over his visit plans with his family and coaches."

"Gallimore says he plans to announce a final decision 'most likely on signing day, but if not then it'll be during the U.S. Army game.'

Of what he wants in a college, Gallimore said, 'The connection I have with coaches, the program itself. And academics. The main thing is no matter where I go I'll be far away from home so I want it to be a home away from home, have a very strong connection with teammates and coaches.' "

Advertisement

Here are some highlights:

"Also making him anything but ordinary: He's punted for club teams, and growing up he split time between playing football, basketball (he can dunk), soccer, volleyball and, yes, handball.

Certainly there's no denying his talent on the football field. He was timed at The Opening at 4.96 seconds in the 40, and he benches 365 pounds and squats 505."

" 'It's a good program, a school I'm definitely interested in. The amount of good players they've brought that have gone on to the next level ... there's a good education there, it's a well-respected school.' "

"He says 'it's a very great chance' he will visit Miami, but he says he's talking over his visit plans with his family and coaches."

"Gallimore says he plans to announce a final decision 'most likely on signing day, but if not then it'll be during the U.S. Army game.'

Of what he wants in a college, Gallimore said, 'The connection I have with coaches, the program itself. And academics. The main thing is no matter where I go I'll be far away from home so I want it to be a home away from home, have a very strong connection with teammates and coaches.' "

Atleast we may get a visit which good sign for us.

Advertisement
I don't care how raw he is, he starts day one. He is a once in a generation football player. If he plays for Miami, watch out. We are back. All the way back. Perennial final 4 contenders.

I don't care how raw he is, he starts day one. He is a once in a generation football player. If he plays for Miami, watch out. We are back. All the way back. Perennial final 4 contenders.

So one player and we're back? Dude lay off the paint chips and watch the game?

Advertisement
He's raw you can tell but my guess is redshirt and teach him some technique he'll be ok

:ibisroflmao: and Brown was ? AG loves them Gems havent your figured it out ? He strikes out on local talent and starts recruting scraps from other states.

Brown Utep ??

To be quite fair almost every coach loves Gems b/c they believe that they can coach up anyone and just b/c they aren't local doesn't mean they're scraps, every school in the nation recruits other kids from other states even if they're scraps or not sometimes rankings to coaches don't matter sometimes it's about plucking kids you believe and that has potential to be good or even a rotational player doesnt matter if the kid is raw coaches look at the potential they have.

Last edited:
Kid from Canada plays in the U.S. army game.

469.jpg

Thankfully James Coley is recruiting him. Al should have Coley on every DT

I agree, it is very good news James Coley is recruiting this kid, it hedges UM against the possible negative effects if Jethro Franklin leaves before NSD . James Coley is big on family and having the Caribbean/Cuban connection will definitely help with Gallimores family. Gallimore is Miami's to lose.

[video=youtube_share;7XDaAv5I-mA]http://youtu.be/7XDaAv5I-mA[/video]

Last edited:
Next year I think we will be in good shape at QB. With Gallimore, we go from one of the weakest starting DTs to one of the best when we pair him up with second year Moten. With those two positions greatly upgraded we become an immediate powerhouse. In this instance, yes, one guy makes a huge difference.

Advertisement
Back