Miami New Times: Why Everyone Hates Miami Hurricanes Fans

I think it's also because so few went to UM to begin with. The loudest, most obnoxious, foaming at the mouth types are the ones that could hardly get through high school, much less UM. They talk trash like their personal worth is on the line. Maybe it is, and that's pretty sad.

In reality, if only UM alums cheered for UM and attended games there would be very few people in the stands. Truthfully speaking, I would venture to say that most who attend UM are not even from South Florida.

Advertisement
Nah the real reason people hate Canes fan is because we talk trash as if we haven't been irrelevant for about 13 years thinking it still the late 80's-early 90's, and you would think with a fan base that talk so much trash that we'd actually go to the games win or lose. Nope, not unless we're winning which give people the impression that we're just a bunch of bandwagon fans who don't support the team/kids through thick and thin.

IDC what sport it is hockey, basketball, football, soccer, baseball NO ONE likes bandwagon fans who talk the most trash then when the team sucks again those "fans" disappear off the face of the earth and it back to half empty stadiums.

Are you even a Canes fan? Why do you post on here? All season you *****ed and complained about the team even after we started 10-0. You look for every post possible to constantly bash the team/fans.

Are you even a Canes fan? Why do you post on here? All season you *****ed and complained about the team even after we started 10-0. You look for every post possible to constantly bash the team/fans.

I am but your right! Let me apology for my complaining.

Sorry for pointing out how bad we looked horrible vs a 1-7 injury riddled UNC team.
Sorry for complaining about a Syracuse team who is horrific at running the ball running for 250 yards on our 'elite" defense.
Sorry I don't think Rosier is a power 5 QB.
Sorry for thinking our defense is average because most numbers (plus the eye test) says so
Sorry for wanting better run defense and 3rd down defense.
Sorry for wanting the ability to stop 3rd and short and convert 3rd and short
Sorry for thinking our O-line is bad

Most importantly, sorry for not thinking we were the best team on the planet of the earth when we started 10-0. Your right, questioning the legitimacy of our 10-0 start.. fighting to the last man against our gauntlet of a schedule that consisted of a close victories vs bowl-less G.Tech, bowl-less Syracuse, bowl-less UNC, should-of-been bowl-less FSU, and a lost to bowl-less Pitt. Tough, TOUGH schedule. How dare I.

I was there @mianjomar. 1st play from scrimmage, Jamal Lewis breaks free and gets to the 3 yd line caught by Ed Reed. I thought "OH ****"! They had to settle for a field goal and then we put the hammer to them the rest of the way! .

I was at that game too!! Great ****** time. Those bandwagon mf'ers were emptying out by the third quarter and the "nah nah nah nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye" chants were loud and they were lovely.

Advertisement
Oh I understand it. I'm from Florida and was a Dolphins fan. When I found out about the other team in Miami I naturally became a fan.

Our problem is so many of our fans attached themselves to the program for reasons that had little to do with football, and more to do with an image. Vanilla Ice comes to mind. Luke. Nevin Shapiro. All of them looking to gain something from the UM image. People thinking that wearing a UM jacket made you tough. You know the type. Miami has more of those fans than anyone.

I get your point, but to say we have more of those fans than anyone? Really, more than ND fans who think they're getting in to heaven for wearing their ND jacket?

But to be fair a high percentage of all fans are clueless. They just want to be apart of something.

**** y'all, I'm about to lose my mind...

a·part
əˈpärt/
adverb

1. 1.
    (of two or more people or things) separated by a distance; at a specified distance from each other in time or space.
    "his parents are now living apart"
    synonyms:away from each other, distant from each other
    "the villages are two miles apart"
a
ā,ə/
determiner

1. 1.
    used when referring to someone or something for the first time in a text or conversation.
    "a man came out of the room"
part
pärt/
noun

1. 1.
    a piece or segment of something such as an object, activity, or period of time, which combined with other pieces makes up the whole.
    "divide the circle into three equal parts"
    synonyms:bit, slice, chunk, lump, hunk, wedge, fragment, scrap, piece; More

I am but your right! Let me apology for my complaining.

Sorry for pointing out how bad we looked horrible vs a 1-7 injury riddled UNC team.
Sorry for complaining about a Syracuse team who is horrific at running the ball running for 250 yards on our 'elite" defense.
Sorry I don't think Rosier is a power 5 QB.
Sorry for thinking our defense is average because most numbers (plus the eye test) says so
Sorry for wanting better run defense and 3rd down defense.
Sorry for wanting the ability to stop 3rd and short and convert 3rd and short
Sorry for thinking our O-line is bad

Most importantly, sorry for not thinking we were the best team on the planet of the earth when we started 10-0. Your right, questioning the legitimacy of our 10-0 start.. fighting to the last man against our gauntlet of a schedule that consisted of a close victories vs bowl-less G.Tech, bowl-less Syracuse, bowl-less UNC, should-of-been bowl-less FSU, and a lost to bowl-less Pitt. Tough, TOUGH schedule. How dare I.

You must be fun at parties.

It's somewhat ironic the most die-hard, bleed orange and green, never miss a game, know more about Miami's history than anyone fans I know never went to school there.

Advertisement
It's somewhat ironic the most die-hard, bleed orange and green, never miss a game, know more about Miami's history than anyone fans I know never went to school there.

Dude, you were either born into it, or you weren't. Both my parents were FSU grads (bless their hearts), but raised in Miami most of their lives. From the day I was born, it was the Canes, and then the Dolphins somewhere after that. I'm not one of those that has the idetic memory who can name dates and times and whatever from things in your life, but got **** if the history of Hurricanes football from 1977 on isn't a HUGE part of the history of my life. I didn't go to the U, but that doesn't mean ****. This is just my story, but it's also one that I share with a whole lot of people that I grew up with that never took a class at the U, but love the Canes as much as anything in life, have for as long as they can remember, and will until the day they die.

The Miami Hurricanes are Miami's Team. Period. End of story.

I get your point, but to say we have more of those fans than anyone? Really, more than ND fans who think they're getting in to heaven for wearing their ND jacket?
Yeah, ND has a lot more idiot fans than us. There's just something special about our fans that think they are tougher by simply wearing orange and green. It's the bad boy image from the 80s that they think will rub off on them. I was a fan of the way the team played back then, while most bandwagon fans are a fan of the image. It's those fans that are the most obnoxious. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I was at that game too!! Great ****** time. Those bandwagon mf'ers were emptying out by the third quarter and the "nah nah nah nah, hey, hey, hey, goodbye" chants were loud and they were lovely.
Got tickets from a vendor of mine at the time and the **** seats were in a sea of pansy-*** pastel orange. I proudly stuck out like a sore thumb with my green Canes T. Got ragged until half time and then I was singing that refrain - nah, nah, nah, etc!

**** y'all, I'm about to lose my mind...

a·part
əˈpärt/
adverb

1. 1.
    (of two or more people or things) separated by a distance; at a specified distance from each other in time or space.
    "his parents are now living apart"
    synonyms:away from each other, distant from each other
    "the villages are two miles apart"
a
ā,ə/
determiner

1. 1.
    used when referring to someone or something for the first time in a text or conversation.
    "a man came out of the room"
part
pärt/
noun

1. 1.
    a piece or segment of something such as an object, activity, or period of time, which combined with other pieces makes up the whole.
    "divide the circle into three equal parts"
    synonyms:bit, slice, chunk, lump, hunk, wedge, fragment, scrap, piece; More
LOL, It's been a real challenge deciphering some of these posts on CIS... but if you switch to Irishenvy.com you'll get great grammar but the boredom is suicidal.

Advertisement
In reality, if only UM alums cheered for UM and attended games there would be very few people in the stands. Truthfully speaking, I would venture to say that most who attend UM are not even from South Florida.[/QUOTE
In reality, if only UM alums cheered for UM and attended games there would be very few people in the stands. Truthfully speaking, I would venture to say that most who attend UM are not even from South Florida.

Consider this, Miami is mostly a commuter school. So, while the majority of on campus students are from out of state (same price as public schools) a good amount are still living at home.

Got tickets from a vendor of mine at the time and the **** seats were in a sea of pansy-*** pastel orange. I proudly stuck out like a sore thumb with my green Canes T. Got ragged until half time and then I was singing that refrain - nah, nah, nah, etc!

Yeah, we were in the Canes section, which meant nose bleed seats, but at least we were around our peeps.

Didn't matter about the nose bleeds anway, we could sit wherever the F we wanted in the second half!

200.gif

Advertisement
Oh, I lived in Orlando for four years. I know exactly how people feel about the city. Most central Florida rednecks would prefer that everything south of the lake just form it's own state. I've literally heard people say "be careful if you go down there, you're outnumbered". The funny thing is there's parts of Orlando that are just as crime infested as the worst parts of Miami but people up there think the whole city is a giant hood.

DTP, you are correct, however, stats show that the city with the most violent crime in FL is Miami Beach, BUT Orlando is a close 2nd and unfortunately, my town, Daytona Beach is 3rd. Probably relative to all those tourists visiting our cities. Prior to Disney, Orlando was a sleepy little town with low crime rate, while Miami/Miami Beach and Daytona have always been tourist-type cities.

Yeah, we were in the Canes section, which meant nose bleed seats, but at least we were around our peeps.

Didn't matter about the nose bleeds anway, we could sit wherever the F we wanted in the second half!

200.gif
I wasn't about to move even I could have. I relished every second rubbing it in the noses of those dumb *** rednecks!

DTP, you are correct, however, stats show that the city with the most violent crime in FL is Miami Beach, BUT Orlando is a close 2nd and unfortunately, my town, Daytona Beach is 3rd. Probably relative to all those tourists visiting our cities. Prior to Disney, Orlando was a sleepy little town with low crime rate, while Miami/Miami Beach and Daytona have always been tourist-type cities.
I'd say a large % is during bike week!

Surprisingly, bike weeks has relatively low crime and the locals and people who work in bars and restaurants much prefer bikers over auto race crowd... They are nicer overall and far better tippers. Years ago we got in the gangs (***** Angels, Outlaws, etc.) during bike week but not so much anymore. Gangs are not allowed to wear their colors in bars. There is a big group of Outlaws here in Daytona but they don't bother the residents and pretty much stay low key.

Advertisement
Back