Miami hosted 4 important unofficial visitors on Monday

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_5443.jpg

A trio of UM defensive back commits in Josh Jobe, Gilbert Frierson, and D.J. Ivey all visited Miami along with 2019 OL Dontae Lucas.

Frierson and Ivey both had an academic meeting as both are attempting to lay out a plan to enroll early at Miami. Lucas met with Coach Richt and will be back on Wednesday with his mother to meet with Coach Searels.

Advertisement
Good to see Frierson letting the staff know that he is still onboard. Very telling his first trip back was going straight to campus.

Advertisement
View attachment 47892

A trio of UM defensive back commits in Josh Jobe, Gilbert Frierson, and D.J. Ivey all visited Miami along with 2019 OL Dontae Lucas.

Frierson and Ivey both had an academic meeting as both are attempting to lay out a plan to enroll early at Miami. Lucas met with Coach Richt and will be back on Wednesday with his mother to meet with Coach Searels.

Can we put the Frierson and Ivey rumor to bed [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]

Wouldn't it be too late if a kid like frierson or Ivey to try and enroll early given the course load work they would have to have completed over the next few months?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be to late if a kid like frierson or Ivey to try and enroll early given the course load work they would have to have completed over the next few months?

They're already on track to do it. Still have to make sure they're enrolled in the right classes for their next semester of classes.

Wouldn't it be to late if a kid like frierson or Ivey to try and enroll early given the course load work they would have to have completed over the next few months?

They're already on track to do it. Still have to make sure they're enrolled in the right classes for their next semester of classes.

Oh ok pete, appreciate that

Advertisement
I'm not saying other schools and coaches don't do this, but I think this is where Richt shines. He's a genuine man that cares deeply about the future of the players beyond football.

If he gets them this far, I like our chances.

Thanks again Pete. Looks like a slow night for the resident post whores and their minions.
Bunch of nerds who can post 30k in a forum while claiming some sort of imaginary expertise. Delusional types...thankfully we have Pete and some others that actually have connections and are willing to share the info with us.

Advertisement
Thanks again Pete. Looks like a slow night for the resident post whores and their minions.
Bunch of nerds who can post 30k in a forum while claiming some sort of imaginary expertise. Delusional types...thankfully we have Pete and some others that actually have connections and are willing to share the info with us.

You're setting yourself up for failure.

Great intel, Pete, thank you! ...

OT question but didn't know where else to ask it. Most of the targets at each position group are fairly well known now, but DT is unclear (to me at least). Who do you think are the kids the staff is after hardest, outside of Silvera of course? Would it be just Briggs and now Hawkins, or are their other names seriously being considered? Is J Davis still in the picture?

Advertisement
I'm not saying other schools and coaches don't do this, but I think this is where Richt shines. He's a genuine man that cares deeply about the future of the players beyond football.

If he gets them this far, I like our chances.

I noticed this too.....this is what locks them up that butch davis plan

Advertisement
Back