Miami Herald Barry Jackson offensive looking at QBs. article link 4 of 4 articles

Sorry, but you're a special kind of moron to state that Rosiers stats LY are from a QB that "sucks" or that he can't improve from his first year as a starter to his second.

Seriously....SMDH

Advertisement
I can not think of any cases where a Senior QB was complete crap in terms of Completions and Interceptions then returned for his RS SR and did well.

Miami once had a QB named Brock Berlin that was so bad his redshirt junior year, his first year starting, that he was benched. Threw more INTs than TDs on the year.
His redshirt senior season he second team All ACC and runner up offensive player of the year. only threw a handful of INTs the entire season.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I actually expect his stats to come down a little because we should be more productive running the football.

Usually, when a QB has lights out yardage and TD stats, it's because the offense couldn't maintain a balanced attack or the defense sucked and they simply had a ton more possessions.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAY IT AIN'T SO LC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has every reason to improve now, Better grasp of offense, better targets, hopefully better OL, better running attack.

More importantly, the offense should click with far less 3 and outs ......so he should have many more chances to improve his stats because the O should be on the field longer.

Bottom-line as long as we win, I don't care how and I really won't care whose stats improve or goes down.

We just need to be more efficient on offense

Last edited:
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAY IT AIN'T SO LC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has every reason to improve now, Better grasp of offense, better targets, hopefully better OL, better running attack.

More importantly, the offense should click with far less 3 and outs ......so he should have many more chances to improve his stats because the O should be on the field longer.

Bottom-line as long as we win, I don't care how and I really won't care whose stats improve or goes down.

We just need to be more efficient on offense
Don’t get me wrong. I expect Rosier to improve. I just think that improvement isn’t going to show up in extra yards or TDs. It’s going to show up in efficiency and competition percentage.

I expect us to run the ball better which is going to allow Rosier a lot more opportunities on 2nd and 6s and 3rd and 4s, rather than constantly being asked to pull something out of his *** on 3rd and 8+. I expect us to be able to pick our spots to pass rather than teams like UNC and Pitt being able to dictate to us that we have to resort to bubble screens on 1st and 10 because they know we can’t run.

I expect to see Lingard and Burns grinding teams down in the 4th rather than Rosier having to lead back to back miracle drives to escape with a narrow win.

And I wouldn’t mind at all seeing Perry, Cade, or Jarren handing them the ball.

Advertisement
Don’t get me wrong. I expect Rosier to improve. I just think that improvement isn’t going to show up in extra yards or TDs. It’s going to show up in efficiency and competition percentage.

I expect us to run the ball better which is going to allow Rosier a lot more opportunities on 2nd and 6s and 3rd and 4s, rather than constantly being asked to pull something out of his *** on 3rd and 8+. I expect us to be able to pick our spots to pass rather than teams like UNC and Pitt being able to dictate to us that we have to resort to bubble screens on 1st and 10 because they know we can’t run.

I expect to see Lingard and Burns grinding teams down in the 4th rather than Rosier having to lead back to back miracle drives to escape with a narrow win.

OK We seem to agree

Last edited:
Advertisement

To me it wasn't just the accuracy, but the decisions he made where to throw the ball, and when. % going up means little if the guy he's completing it to was a poor choice.

We need to get to the point of blowing teams out so our back ups can get in there and get serious minutes. If that happens, it means Rosier has improved across the board.

Advertisement
Deshaun Watson had 13 as a sophomore and 17 as a junior he sucks to them huh? Smh...
umm yeah hes trash. foh. me and @Andrew have debates about this from years ago.

deshaun watson is average at best. miss me with the 1 season wonder stats. seen countless athletic QBs have success their first year only to struggle after defensive coordinator's got a few game films.

dude sucks at reading defenses.

anything over 10 interceptions is trash.

umm yeah hes trash. foh. me and @Andrew have debates about this from years ago.

deshaun watson is average at best. miss me with the 1 season wonder stats. seen countless athletic QBs have success their first year only to struggle after defensive coordinator's got a few game films.

dude sucks at reading defenses.

anything over 10 interceptions is trash.

Come tf on lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back