Miami Herald Barry Jackson offensive looking at QBs. article link 4 of 4 articles

To me it wasn't just the accuracy, but the decisions he made where to throw the ball, and when. % going up means little if the guy he's completing it to was a poor choice.

We need to get to the point of blowing teams out so our back ups can get in there and get serious minutes. If that happens, it means Rosier has improved across the board.

In some ways you're right .... Rosier's stats are decieving... except for Berrios making some miracle 3rd down catches, the other 2 infamous miracle catches by the others, we could have been looking at a 5 loss season.

Advertisement
This is the way I see it. Richt loves balance and that balance will be key to our success.

Ideally our running game should be much better and deeper than last season. We have a lot of different types of players who can provide different roles. Last year at this time it was Walton and a bunch of inexperienced question marks and no true fullback.
This year we have Homer and Dallas with good experience, Burns who is ready to prove he is a solid power option, a couple of "freshmans" who put up some fantastic high school stats and another "freshmans" who looks to be the real deal at FB and Choc who will battle him for the spot.

I would also like to add that with the addition of an aforementioned FB and two very talented TEs we should be able to be more creative with our personnel groupings on the field and less predictable. This all can also help Rosier get into a better rhythm and put us into position to win every game on our schedule.

Our running game was affected by Rosier's inaccuracy... all they had to do was to load the line and Rosier keep firing balls into the ground and behind recievers..

I think our running game had its ups and downs. The main factor you forget to mention is that Walton was supposed to be the main man. Once he went down it was a mad scramble to figure out if Homer could be the man and if the backups were ready to step up.

We also did not have a true FB or competent blocking TEs (other than Herndon) which forced us to go 4 and 5 wide with predictable type of plays on 3rd down and in the redzone.

I do not think it is a coincidence that now that we have an influx of TEs and FBs Richt is enthusiastic to work on redzone and 3rd down scenarios from day one of camp.

In some ways you're right .... Rosier's stats are decieving... except for Berrios making some miracle 3rd down catches, the other 2 infamous miracle catches by the others, we could have been looking at a 5 loss season.
Yeah because no receivers dropped any passes last year. It was all miracle catches and no drops.

You guys expose yourselves. Good receivers make tough catches for EVERY FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. Rosier’s stats are his stats, and our record is our record.

You guys sound like the baboons who used to say, “Take away all Barry Sanders’ long runs, and he only averaged 3.2 yards per carry!”.

Advertisement
Yeah because no receivers dropped any passes last year. It was all miracle catches and no drops.

You guys expose yourselves. Good receivers make tough catches for EVERY FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. Rosier’s stats are his stats, and our record is our record.

You guys sound like the baboons who used to say, “Take away all Barry Sanders’ long runs, and he only averaged 3.2 yards per carry!”.
LOL.... some of these guys don’t know football like that man.Just be repeating sh*t and hoping it sticks
:jordan:

I happened to have see it differently ... we will let the season show us what sort of QB we have in Rosier.. hope he does well for our program sake

Someone ran the numbers, and if you eliminated the drops—drops are scored as balls the receiver should have caught—Rosier was over 60% last season.

But we don’t harp on that because drops happen, especially Ahmmon’s where it was obvious his injury was in the back of his mind stealing his focus.

Rosier sucks. Thats just the facts. I wish he wasnt. I want to root for him. I just cant see how its possible for a guy making some of the mistakes he made, to improve drastically. Love that he gave it his all for the orange and green but he should not be starting.

We need to live and die by the sword that is Nkosi/Jarren.

We will not win a bowl game or the ACC with Rosier as our QB.

Thats just my opinion. He is NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP qb by any stretch, physically or mentally.

i stand my ground

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back