Miami has offered DT Edgar Cerenord

Westendzone, Enjoyed your post and your obvious knowledge of football. Most of these fools will try to baffle you with bull**** and not much substance.

Advertisement
Westendzone, Enjoyed your post and your obvious knowledge of football. Most of these fools will try to baffle you with bull**** and not much substance.

Seriously! We actually have a thread with serious substance to it!!! About **** time! Tired of all these "if we don't get this recruit this class is a fail" threads

http://gifsoup.com

Advertisement
Wingspan is such a ****ing underrated characteristic in a DLinemen.

I had a 6'1" Defensive Tackle a couple years ago and a scout told me...

"I don't care how tall he is. He ain't engaging Offensive Linemen with the top of his head. Let me see his wingspan."

Then he proceeded to take a photo of my kid with his arms stretched out.

Dude made a great point.

imma also speak ona kid I camped with at Miami Camp when iw as in high school.

Kid led dade county in sacks....

but was shorter than your avg de....around 6'1. Just beastly though in one on ones ,quick and strong....
then you looked at the guy and he had a long *** wingspan..........Elvis Dumervil.

Um didn't even recruit the kid and he was right there in front of them killing ot's. Having a good pro career also right now.

Advertisement
Wingspan is such a ****ing underrated characteristic in a DLinemen.

I had a 6'1" Defensive Tackle a couple years ago and a scout told me...

"I don't care how tall he is. He ain't engaging Offensive Linemen with the top of his head. Let me see his wingspan."

Then he proceeded to take a photo of my kid with his arms stretched out.

Dude made a great point.

imma also speak ona kid I camped with at Miami Camp when iw as in high school.

Kid led dade county in sacks....

but was shorter than your avg de....around 6'1. Just beastly though in one on ones ,quick and strong....
then you looked at the guy and he had a long *** wingspan..........Elvis Dumervil.

Um didn't even recruit the kid and he was right there in front of them killing ot's. Having a good pro career also right now.

I've been screaming from the cot**** rooftops for over 10 years about wingspan measurements. It makes zero sense to me why this is not a critical aspect of the evaluation process. It changes a player dynamic almost completely.

As a big basketball fan and draft fan, there's a calculation (standing reach, neck length, etc., put together) of "how tall do you really play." This has been around since the inception of the internet.

Advertisement
I've been screaming from the cot**** rooftops for over 10 years about wingspan measurements. It makes zero sense to me why this is not a critical aspect of the evaluation process. It changes a player dynamic almost completely.

As a big basketball fan and draft fan, there's a calculation (standing reach, neck length, etc., put together) of "how tall do you really play." This has been around since the inception of the internet.

Dwyane Wade is aclassic example in basketball terms. He's short for a SG and didn't have a crazy vertical at the NBA combine. But his arms are equivalent to a 6'10 guy and he has enormous hands.

It really frustrates me that Jelani Hamilton isn't better than he is. His length is ridiculous. On paper, he is an ideal DE in this scheme. He just hasn't put it together.

Dwyane Wade is aclassic example in basketball terms. He's short for a SG and didn't have a crazy vertical at the NBA combine. But his arms are equivalent to a 6'10 guy and he has enormous hands.

It really frustrates me that Jelani Hamilton isn't better than he is. His length is ridiculous. On paper, he is an ideal DE in this scheme. He just hasn't put it together.

Isn't Russell Wilson the same? Long arms, makes his release more like a 6'4" guy?

Coley was telling me and my boy the other day about hand size for QB's. He said Jameis Winston holds a football like an average person a tennis ball, he said Morris can barely palm a basketball

Advertisement
****, if only neck length and not hand size was the predictor of qb ability we might have another heismann this year

Coley was telling me and my boy the other day about hand size for QB's. He said Jameis Winston holds a football like an average person a tennis ball, he said Morris can barely palm a basketball

Me and LuCane talk about this all the time. I am a MAJOR proponent of hand size in quarterbacks.

I know George Whitfield (Manziel and Cam's QB coach) pretty well, and he told me that hand size is one of the most important attributes he looks for.

Manziel is much smaller than Tannehill, but has much bigger hands. That's why he transitions from passing to running so naturally-- the ball is just an extension of his body. When Tannehill transitions from passer to runner, he has to gear down for a split second to make sure he has the ball secure. That split second makes a huge defense.

For a short quarterback, big hands are an absolute must. It's no coincidence that Russell Wilson and Drew Brees have huge hands.

The king of hand size is probably Joe Namath. Check out the pass to Don Maynard against the Chiefs at the 1:05 mark. That's the definition of "grip it and rip it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTPZWj755Ao

My same exact thoughts on Hamilton. Looks like a prototype.

Advertisement
Back