Miami football projected 8-4

What 4 teams have better talent than us that we play? Please name them.

I don't think it's an issue with who has better talent. How many games has the Canes lost over the past 10 years where the team essentially had 'better talent'. There's currently two big unknowns position wise on this team. O-Line and QB, last time I checked these two positions play major roles on whether or not this team can score points or not.

2009: 9-4 L's: @VT, Clem, @UNC, Wisc (Bowl Game)
2010: 7-6 L's: @OSU, FSU, @UVA, VT, USF, ND (Bowl Game)
2011: 6-6 L's: @MD, K-State, @VT, UVA, @FSU, @BC
2012: 7-5 L's: @K-State , @ND, UNC, FSU, @UVA
2013: 9-4 L's: @FSU, UVA, @Duke, L-Ville (Bowl Game)
2014: 6-7 L's: @L-Ville, @Neb, @GT, FSU, @UVA, Pitt, SC (Bowl Game)
2015: 8-5 L's: @Cinci, FSU, Clem, @UNC, Wash St. (Bowl Game)
2016: 9-4 L's: FSU, UNC, @VT, @ND
2017: 10-3 L's: @Pitt, Clem, Wisc (Bowl Game)
2018: 7-6 L's: LSU, @UVA, @BC, Duke, @GT, Wisc (Bowl Game)

How many teams in the past ten years would you deem as 'less talented'. Even in the 2017 season which was the best year they have had there's a loss to Pitt.

Advertisement
What 6 teams had better talent than us last year? Outside of Clemson, was Pitt or Wisconsin better in 2017? We have had more talent on our roster than 90% of the teams we play every year, yet here we are averaging 8 wins per year over the last decade.
Because we've had pure crap coaching. If Diaz is a pure crap coach, we will continue seeing 8 wins.

8-4 would be more of an epic fail than 7-6 was last year.

We now have two 4 Stars and a 5 Star QB here being coached by a proven offensive mind with a legitimate scheme.

There’s no Malik Rosier or prehistoric play calling to kick around this season.
On paper I can see your point.

HOW we went 7-6 though took last year to another level. We looked like a ******* high school team.

Advertisement
Definitely my least preferred scenario.

On the one hand you get double digit wins, win the coastal. You get to show you've made progress.

On the other, it's going to be ANOTHER Clemson beatdown in NC, and we lose to both rivals.
I think clemson will take a step back this year. They lost a lot of experince on defense at every level. Basically all of them were 3 and 4 year starters.

I believe they will still be good but i can see them dropping a couple of games this year.

I agree but don't forget both teams pretty much always step up for this game. Golden nearly beat a Winston/Cook led FSU team in 2014 that finished the season #2 and lost in the BCS playoff. I will never underestimate FSU even when they are in the gutter.

I get that and we’ve seen it before, but it also sounds like an excuse. FSU hasn’t been this much of a mess in years. A good coach and good team needs to take advantage and beat the snot out of them when they’re down for recruiting purposes and to show its your state again. Anything less is a disappointment. Moral victories don’t exist in rivalry games.

I think clemson will take a step back this year. They lost a lot of experince on defense at every level. Basically all of them were 3 and 4 year starters.
I really hope Trevor Lawrence has a substantial insurance policy, bc teams are going to basically instruct their defenses to take him out. He's going to be the recipient of some vicious hits (some of them cheap). Take him out, Clemson suddenly becomes very pedestrian on offense.

Advertisement
I don't think it's an issue with who has better talent. How many games has the Canes lost over the past 10 years where the team essentially had 'better talent'. There's currently two big unknowns position wise on this team. O-Line and QB, last time I checked these two positions play major roles on whether or not this team can score points or not.

How many teams in the past ten years would you deem as 'less talented'. Even in the 2017 season which was the best year they have had there's a loss to Pitt.

You are agreeing with me that 4 losses is failure! Those past seasons are failures and those coaches all got fired for being terrible. There is no way to spin 4 losses and it’s unacceptable. If manny is a legit coach, he doesn’t let sorry *** teams with less talent beat him. Will it happen at times, sure. It happens to everyone not named Bama but you can’t have 4 missteps in a season and say it’s ok.

We just can’t let the team quit. For example if we lose to gators and Virginia because those are early in the season and we are still adjusting, I could see us going 10-2. BUT will we have the stamina to do it after a tough Virginia loss and being 4-2 at that point?? My main point being that if we have an unexpected loss we can’t just throw the towel on the whole **** season. It’s the first year, fine there might be an upset, just don’t declare failure as soon as it happens.

Advertisement
Pre-season predictions on anything HAS, IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SH*T....

Once the season starts-- NO ONE ever remembers what those pre-season predictions are.

"...it's why we play the games...."

Pre-season predictions is just bunch people pulling **** out their asses.....

What 6 teams had better talent than us last year? Outside of Clemson, was Pitt or Wisconsin better in 2017? We have had more talent on our roster than 90% of the teams we play every year, yet here we are averaging 8 wins per year over the last decade.
That's because we've had absolute dog ***** as coaches on one side of the ball, when the other is good. We have had an elite defense for 3 years but an atrocious offense. We now arguably have better talent, same defense and an elite QB coach, who also runs a perfect system for our athletes. ZERO excuses to lose more than 2 games this year.

Advertisement

See my post above

I believe this prediction will be updated on 8/25.

An 8-4 regular season is 100% a failure unless there's some kind of plague of injuries that takes out half the team.

The schedule is garbage. Florida is the only preseason top 25 team Miami plays.

If you're OK with 8-4, you might as well have argued to keep Richt around. ****, you might as well have kept Golden around.

Advertisement
Back