Miami football projected 8-4

Sure. If 8-4 is the scenario, then yes. I'd take 4 conference losses in exchange for a BEATDOWN of UF and FSU. Those are the biggest recruiting rivals we have right now. We're not losing or winning any recruits to UNC, GT, Duke, VT, or UVA. Need those state bragging rights.

I personally believe we have the talent to win every game on our schedule. No reason why why we shouldn't go undefeated in the regular season.

But we know that's probably not going to happen.
1) If we lose to these teams, we lose recruiting battles. It doesn't matter if our recruiting battles aren't head to head with them. You have no bragging rights if you go 4-4 in the ACC. You just suck.

2) 8-4 with this schedule would indicate that the program is going absolutely nowhere.

Advertisement
1) If we lose to these teams, we lose recruiting battles. It doesn't matter if our recruiting battles aren't head to head with them. You have no bragging rights if you go 4-4 in the ACC. You just suck.

2) 8-4 with this schedule would indicate that the program is going absolutely nowhere.
We will always out recruit the other teams in the Coastal. Whether we lose to them or not. Al. Ways. Jimbo lost 4 games how many years losing too putrid Atlantic teams, and was still pulling in the big boys, mainly bc he beat our *** every season which is what he was selling (among other things).

I think we'll win 9-10 myself, but if you're telling me we're going to be 8-4, then I want 2 of those 8 wins to be against our biggest rivals.

The ACC is very competitive from top to bottom. There aren't many doormats.

Teams like NC State, Pitt, Cuse, BC, GT are usually good for sneaking up on a better team and snatching a win.
We don't play NC State, Cuse or BC this year. Pitt is still a question mark and GT is completely overhauling their offense using a bunch of triple option players. It's only competitive if we play down to their level - which we did against Duke, UVA and GT last year.

Advertisement
Looking at the schedule it’s very hard to see 4 losses with this God awful slate. It would take an amazing effort to lose 4 games, the same kind of effort that made us lose 5 last year.

I wouldn’t be surprised with a 9-3 year tbh, expecting a 10-2 tho, but 8-4 would be hard to swallow. It all depends on what kind of year we will have on offense, if Enos can turn around in year one and if the QB(s) and WRs will step up. The defense will be fine against this schedule.

I would expect a loss on the ACCCG, hope it’s at least a game, and for the love of Christ a win in a good bowl game.

One thing with this 8-4 is unacceptable talk, if we go 8-4, wich is expected from Vegas and a few other places, and it really is an unacceptable result, is Manny gone after one year? This unacceptable talk is silly

Advertisement
We have 1 consensus pre-season All-America. I've seen a couple of other guys sneak into 3rd teams in a small number of the very many preseason magazines.

We do this every year: we think we have top talent all over the field, when we really don't. We have many good players, no doubt, but very few (if any) elite talents.

Proof: our recruiting is good not great, and our draft results this decade have been consistent with that. Take a look at last year, where we ended up with a bunch of middle-and-late draft picks.

Our players overall are good-not-great when they get here, and good-not-great when they leave. Even with our schedule (which isn't too different than last year's), that's not a lock for 10 wins. 8-9 is a reasonable expectation.

I typically am on the negative said and called it last year before it started that the team was high overrated and we had a terrible QB and line. This year I don’t agree with you. We have elite talent this year and multiple guys who will be drafted off this team. If he doesn’t win 9 games, he is just like Al Golden who sucks. Golden had a lot of NFL talent on his rosters and still sucked. Below are a list of guys who will be drafted in the next few years of drafts and this isn’t sunshine pumping up sorry *** players like some people do.

Shaq
Pinkney
Garvin
Hill
Bandy
Donaldson
Jeff Thomas
Brevin
Mallory
Can Harris
DJ Dallas Likely late rd

If you can’t win against the sorry schedule we have this year with that talent then you suck as a coach.

I didn’t even list other kids who may develop like

Pope
Hightower
Scaife
Reed
Lo
Gurvan Hall
Ivey

This team is littered with 4 stars and a few 5 stars who were all All-Americans in high school. The excuses have to stop!

I think we are an 8 win team based on our roster (specifically QB and lack of depth). The biggest thing here is that we might be an 8 win team on paper, but our schedule is so bad we should win 10.

Looking at the schedule it’s very hard to see 4 losses with this God awful slate. It would take an amazing effort to lose 4 games, the same kind of effort that made us lose 5 last year.

I wouldn’t be surprised with a 9-3 year tbh, expecting a 10-2 tho, but 8-4 would be hard to swallow. It all depends on what kind of year we will have on offense, if Enos can turn around in year one and if the QB(s) and WRs will step up. The defense will be fine against this schedule.

I would expect a loss on the ACCCG, hope it’s at least a game, and for the love of Christ a win in a good bowl game.

One thing with this 8-4 is unacceptable talk, if we go 8-4, wich is expected from Vegas and a few other places, and it really is an unacceptable result, is Manny gone after one year? This unacceptable talk is silly

No manny isn’t gone at 8-4 but his leash would be short. The recruiting class would fall apart and we would continue this death spiral of average.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we can win 10 games with Rosier in 2017, why again can't we win 10 with what SHOULD be a better OC and QB developer? We have the talent to crush the Coastal, even at the QB position. This is NOT a rebuild we are looking at, and we shouldn't expect rebuild results.

Nah i can't take losses to both uf and fsu.
Definitely my least preferred scenario.

On the one hand you get double digit wins, win the coastal. You get to show you've made progress.

On the other, it's going to be ANOTHER Clemson beatdown in NC, and we lose to both rivals.

What 4 teams have better talent than us that we play? Please name them.

What 6 teams had better talent than us last year? Outside of Clemson, was Pitt or Wisconsin better in 2017? We have had more talent on our roster than 90% of the teams we play every year, yet here we are averaging 8 wins per year over the last decade.

Advertisement
8-4 would be more of an epic fail than 7-6 was last year.

We now have two 4 Stars and a 5 Star QB here being coached by a proven offensive mind with a legitimate scheme.

There’s no Malik Rosier or prehistoric play calling to kick around this season.

Wait :oops: we have a 5 star QB here now???

That's news to me.....but I do agree with the rest of your post

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back