Miami football projected 8-4

An 8-4 regular season is 100% a failure unless there's some kind of plague of injuries that takes out half the team.

The schedule is garbage. Florida is the only preseason top 25 team Miami plays.

If you're OK with 8-4, you might as well have argued to keep Richt around. ****, you might as well have kept Golden around.
First season, not multiple enough seasons in

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think some of you need to go and look at our schedule and then come back and tell me you would be A-Okay with a 8-4 season. We play UVA, VT, GT, and UL all at home! Our toughest away game outside of FSU is who...UNC? FSU is later in the year and if the prediction are correct of most people on here they will be a complete dumpster fire by Nov. Its still a rivalry game I know. And then we have a lot of softies I between.

I am not predicting Manny will be "Urban Meyer year 1" when he took a 6 win team and transformed them into an undefeated team in one year but 8-4 would more than likely mean we lost to UF, and lost 3 games that we had no business losing and probably 2 of those 3 at home to ACC Coastal foes. Which means no ACC title game appearance.

Also, 8-4 means we don't close this recruiting class strong either. Certain high profile guys who are on the fence and are in "wait and see" mode you can kiss goodbye. Rohan Marley came out and said that Justin Flowe is very very very interested in UM but wants to see the on the field product first. Whether you believe Rohan or not is up to you but I have no reason to believe he is lying.

I typically am on the negative said and called it last year before it started that the team was high overrated and we had a terrible QB and line. This year I don’t agree with you. We have elite talent this year and multiple guys who will be drafted off this team. If he doesn’t win 9 games, he is just like Al Golden who sucks. Golden had a lot of NFL talent on his rosters and still sucked. Below are a list of guys who will be drafted in the next few years of drafts and this isn’t sunshine pumping up sorry *** players like some people do.

Shaq
Pinkney
Garvin
Hill
Bandy
Donaldson
Jeff Thomas
Brevin
Mallory
Can Harris
DJ Dallas Likely late rd

If you can’t win against the sorry schedule we have this year with that talent then you suck as a coach.

I didn’t even list other kids who may develop like

Pope
Hightower
Scaife
Reed
Lo
Gurvan Hall
Ivey

This team is littered with 4 stars and a few 5 stars who were all All-Americans in high school. The excuses have to stop!

You could've made a similar list last year. It would've been those same guys plus Joe Jackson, Jaquan Johnson, etc. Not a single one of those guys is a surefire NFL impact player.

You could've made a similar list last year. It would've been those same guys plus Joe Jackson, Jaquan Johnson, etc. Not a single one of those guys is a surefire NFL impact player.
How many surefire NFL players do you need to beat Virginia or Duke? Just stop. People acting like we need the 2001 roster to win the garbage ACC coastal division.

Advertisement
8-4 is bull****. Period. Absolutely no reason for us to go 8-4 with the talent we have on the roster, the favorable schedule and the program improvements (better staff, better S&C, better offensive schemes, better special teams, etc). As an earlier poster stated, if we lose 4 regular season games it means we will have lost to 3 teams we have absolutely no business losing to.

Manny has inherited a very talented squad that was simply underutilized by Richt's crew last year. If Feeley does what he's being paid to do, and both Enos and Baker do what they are being paid to do, there is no reason why we should end up any worse than 10-2. I'll give them 1 'slip up' loss but that's it.

10 wins or bust.

How many surefire NFL players do you need to beat Virginia or Duke? Just stop. People acting like we need the 2001 roster to win the garbage ACC coastal division.

Not having elite talent makes you vulnerable to upsets. No one is saying we need the 2001 hurricanes, other than you I guess. That team had dozens of elite players. But our current talent level is not so high that you can expect to consistently roll mediocre teams. We should've won more than we did last year (also had bad luck in close games, with a 1-3 record), but not much more. Maybe should've gone 9-3 (not counting the bowl game because the team had quit by then). That's in line with the Vegas over/under, both last year and this year.

With our schedule 9-3 is the absolute worst we should be. Anything less means that we don't have the talent we think we have.

Advertisement
I'm a big believer in Manny but that wouldn't be acceptable. We have some elite talent on offense and and some potential All Americans starting on D. 10 or more wins or immediately skeptical of the Diaz regime.
Yea but what about the oline and the QB spot? The biggest question marks on O are at the most important spots

Advertisement
8-4 is completely unacceptable........... It would be a complete failure. Why hire Enos to go 8-4.

9-3 is tolerable if a single QB emerges and takes hold of the reins.

10-2 is the most likely. I can accept a loss to UF and a second unexpected loss on the road, but this team should not lose more than that. The defense should be as good as last year and the offense has to be top 30.

10-2 and a loss to Clemson. They also need to win the bowl game!

An 8-4 regular season is 100% a failure unless there's some kind of plague of injuries that takes out half the team.

The schedule is garbage. Florida is the only preseason top 25 team Miami plays.

If you're OK with 8-4, you might as well have argued to keep Richt around. ****, you might as well have kept Golden around.
I mean I know its not fair to MD and the staff, but since hes been here for a few years a 8-4 record would be meltdown on these forums because of how hyped everyone is. I would not be ok with 8-4 as I am never ok with an 8-4 Miami team ever. Unless we have fuqin Saban coaching an his first year was 8-4 then its understandable because we know he can turn it around and has proven it. We have no idea with MD and a 8-4 gives other teams the negative recruiting card, they can say see same ole UM. We cant afford a 8-4 season we just cant. If he has an 8-4 season he probably will fail as far as bringing UM back to eliteness.

Advertisement
I mean I know its not fair to MD and the staff, but since hes been here for a few years a 8-4 record would be meltdown on these forums because of how hyped everyone is. I would not be ok with 8-4 as I am never ok with an 8-4 Miami team ever. Unless we have fuqin Saban coaching an his first year was 8-4 then its understandable because we know he can turn it around and has proven it. We have no idea with MD and a 8-4 gives other teams the negative recruiting card, they can say see same ole UM. We cant afford a 8-4 season we just cant. If he has an 8-4 season he probably will fail as far as bringing UM back to eliteness.

Agreed. This isn't Mark Richt coming in after the Golden debacle and going 9-4 his first season. Manny is stepping into a ready made situation. Richt, regardless of his failures as an on-field coach, laid a lot of the groundwork for this program to regain some of it's respectability. With that regained respectability comes expectations. On paper this is a talented team and a solid staff. The standards are going to be raised.

Not having elite talent makes you vulnerable to upsets. No one is saying we need the 2001 hurricanes, other than you I guess. That team had dozens of elite players. But our current talent level is not so high that you can expect to consistently roll mediocre teams. We should've won more than we did last year (also had bad luck in close games, with a 1-3 record), but not much more. Maybe should've gone 9-3 (not counting the bowl game because the team had quit by then). That's in line with the Vegas over/under, both last year and this year.
Your argument is that this team needs to have a roster full of NFL talent to win more than 8 games against a really week schedule. My argument is that it shouldn't require an all star team to beat Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia and Boston College.

Your argument is that this team needs to have a roster full of NFL talent to win more than 8 games against a really week schedule. My argument is that it shouldn't require an all star team to beat Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia and Boston College.
We have enough talent to cruise through the Coastal period and we "so called" have the coaching in place so no excuses. I expect maybe one loss to UF if not unbeaten IMO. The UF game is a barometer for the season cause if we win which we should and could then no ones beating us in the ACC period unless there some corching going on.

Tate was a 5* #2 QB in the country, behind Tua

SORRY Duke but NOT in any of the rankings I've seen. Not in 247, ESPN or SI.... the top ones

Just saying it doesn't make it so.

But Duke I'll gladly stand corrected if you can show me a reputable source that gave him 5 stars

We haven't had a 5 star QB here since Kyle Wright.

Having a 5 star would have been big news here and to date I've NEVER heard that

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back