Miami football projected 8-4

Jimmy lost 5 games his first season and you can’t tell me we had less talent than 5 other teams. Two things are happening here. First fans over rate our talent forgetting in the last four years we’ve had to filler classes during coach transitions. Second, fans think football is played on paper and the other team doesn’t try to win if they’re less talented
Still reeling from losing to Maryland at the OB when we led 31-0 at halftime. I was living and working in Maryland at the time which made it 100x as bad.

Advertisement

all depends on O line, decent QB play will improve as we actually have a QB coach.
9 maybe 10
was in Vegas took the 7.5 on a future wager, felt like i was stealing

Advertisement
To say anything less than 9-3 you have to believe Diaz is more of the same. I don’t.

I also don’t “accept” that a Coastal Champ Miami gets “boatraced”, “beatdown”, “crushed”, etc by Clemson. Syracuse beat them when they weren’t looking and almost beat them when they were. They can be beaten and they can be beaten by Miami.

3 names. Enos, Barry and Feeley. Miami’s better and not by a little.

I mean, you're correct Miami is better, but you are wrong as it being "not by a little."

I’m an unapologetic Miami homer so feel free to read this with a mountain-sized grain of salt.

The short answer: you’re right, maybe I should have just left it at better.

The long answer…

Though I can see why you say that after last nights game, I still feel Miami is considerably better than last year, offensively. Here’s why: though I really don’t have any disagreements with your post, last year felt hopeless and helpless because you knew it couldn’t be improved - even when Miami won (Pitt). But this year, especially after watching last nights game, I feel as if the offense can improve.

We all know the areas that need to improve but key among them is Enos - even more than the OL. Enos has to decide if he wants to be multiple for multiple sake or being able to consistently move the offense (first series) and score multiple touchdowns in a game. Last night, though disappointing, didn’t go far enough for me to know the answer to that question.

Posters get too caught up in the anti-UF/FSU/SEC hysteria of this site to realize that Florida is a very good team. And, though Miami lost…Miami is a very good team too. Rivalry had little to do with it. I read today where someone wrote that Florida is a sub-10 win team with a few calls for 8 and 7 wins. Nonsense. They have a horrid schedule in the SEC, but if they played Miami’s schedule in the Coastal they would easily win the rest of the way to the ACCCG. However, if some cosmic anomaly occurred that also forced Miami to play Florida’s SEC east schedule, most CISers would **** a brick in fear. Miami right now is a non-AL/UGA SEC team: Good athletes, great defense, questionable coaching and QB play.

If you believe, and I do, that the Enos offense will get better as the season wears on, then you just have to remember that the second ACC game, VT, is week 7 of Miami’s college football season. Miami’s going to be alright.

But I’m a homer.

OK. I agree with most of what you say, however with UF's schedule I AM predicting a 7 win season for them. They will be exposed.

Advertisement
If we lose to FSU this year with the dumpster fire they are at the moment, I would have no faith moving forward.

4 losses would be complete failure all around. We have better QBs than last year, Enos running the show, better online coaching, experience in the front 7 with Garvin, the LBs and transfer, and what should be a much improved kicking game.

How about 5, probably 6?

8-4 with the soft *** schedule we have would be an unmitigated disaster .

Let’s not even start the Don Bailey Jr sunshine pumping pre-built in excuses....this team has talent and now finally has a real OC. Combine that with a soft schedule anything less than 10 wins should be questioned to ****
Yikes

Advertisement
this was a cream puff schedule this year and next year is not anymore challenging than this year.
we should go 10 and 2 next year as well.
but reality is we will consistently be a 7&5 team.
TNM=same old story.
sad but true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back