Miami - ACC

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
I'm surprised a lot of people on here are content with playing UNC, Duke, Virginia, Pitt and another scrub Atlantic team on most years. I'd love for us to have bigger crowds at home games and higher stakes road games. The conversation changes drastically if ND joins the ACC in football, which I think they will in the next few years. If we played FSU, Va Tech and ND and scheduled a big P5 team every year it would be much more tolerable staying in the ACC.

I'm not content with it, but.... as they say, it is what it is.
Throw me back to the Independent days with total scheduling flexibility and I'd be good.

ND will happen.
Hopefully sooner.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That Tennessee team finished the regular season at #6 in the country. They are one of the worst teams in the country 15 years later, even getting crushed by your beloved Vanderbilt last year.

That Tennessee win was just the 2nd in a stretch where Miami went 15-2 against the teams that are currently in the SEC

I'm surprised a lot of people on here are content with playing UNC, Duke, Virginia, Pitt and another scrub Atlantic team on most years. I'd love for us to have bigger crowds at home games and higher stakes road games.

Because, I think, most of us understand that moving to a conference isn't only about selfish entertainment reasons or attracting slightly bigger crowds.

Advertisement
SEC is establishment. Miami is Anti-establishment.

We are going to turn the college football establishment upside down. Again. Dont be SEC cucks.

Because, I think, most of us understand that moving to a conference isn't only about selfish entertainment reasons or attracting slightly bigger crowds.

Are you actually going to say what your point of view is then or what? Why do you think we have conferences?

How is that?

Basketball is the second highest revenue generating sport.

The ACC is primed to be a major player in all 3 sports. This is the right fit.

Why does it matter what #2 is, when #1 is so huge? SEC is paying an average of $15 mil more per school and we're talking about basketball? Money makes this whole thing go round and right now we're lagging behind big time. Hopefully ACC network and ND joining can make it somewhat comparable. We are one of the biggest brands in college football and shouldn't be lagging behind financially as much as we are.

Advertisement
What makes SEC "establishment" or any different than any of the other conferences?

For starters, there is clear bias shown through media, like ESPN, and through the NCAA itself, for money reasons to push the SEC narrative in order to create more valuable tv and distribution deals. So when the powers that be (SEC, NCAA, ESPN, CBS) are pushing a bigger narrative, that is establishment and there is reason to be skeptical of the narrative they push. For example, being top heavy with Bama and few others schools but still pushing that dominance narrative. Even when they were the best conference, I think the dominance thing was clearly pushed pretty hard and exaggerated IMO.

Also the schools and the fans themselves think they are God's gift to football and clearly feel, and continuosly and obnoxiously state their need to be recognized as the best. That's a key, they desperately want to be RECOGNIZED as the best. When you are the best it speaks for itself, you don't have to try so hard. It's also evident in the strange and unique practice of SEC fans that no other fans in any other conference do, of cheering for their conference and taking victory in the other schools success in the SEC.

Not to mention the allegations of getting preferential treatment with issues of NCAA rules and recruiting. No SEC school ever seems to be investigated very hard?? Every other conference seems to have their examples...Pac12 USC, Big10 Penn st, Big 12 Baylor, ACC MIAMI. Must be coincidence. I guess it means the SEC is clean.

Get out of here SECuck

Edit: I should also mention that's what I mean by overturning the establishment. By blowing up all those establishments (SEC, NCAA, ESPN) preconceived notions and plans.

Last edited:
For starters, there is clear bias shown through media, like ESPN, and through the NCAA itself, for money reasons to push the SEC narrative in order to create more valuable tv and distribution deals. So when the powers that be (SEC, NCAA, ESPN, CBS) are pushing a bigger narrative, that is establishment and there is reason to be skeptical of the narrative they push. For example, being top heavy with Bama and few others schools but still pushing that dominance narrative. Even when they were the best conference, I think the dominance thing was clearly pushed pretty hard and exaggerated IMO.

Also the schools and the fans themselves think they are God's gift to football and clearly feel, and continuosly and obnoxiously state their need to be recognized as the best. That's a key, they desperately want to be RECOGNIZED as the best. When you are the best it speaks for itself, you don't have to try so hard. It's also evident in the strange and unique practice of SEC fans that no other fans in any other conference do, of cheering for their conference and taking victory in the other schools success in the SEC.

Not to mention the allegations of getting preferential treatment with issues of NCAA rules and recruiting. No SEC school ever seems to be investigated very hard?? Every other conference seems to have their examples...Pac12 USC, Big10 Penn st, Big 12 Baylor, ACC MIAMI. Must be coincidence.

Get out of here SECuck

Edit: I should also mention that's what I mean by overturning the establishment. By blowing up all those establishments (SEC, NCAA, ESPN) preconceived notions and plans.

I was about to respond to this until I read the ending of this and saw that you're obviously a child. Debate with the other morons on here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why does it matter what #2 is, when #1 is so huge? SEC is paying an average of $15 mil more per school and we're talking about basketball? Money makes this whole thing go round and right now we're lagging behind big time. Hopefully ACC network and ND joining can make it somewhat comparable. We are one of the biggest brands in college football and shouldn't be lagging behind financially as much as we are.

The SEC didn't become the SEC overnight.

It had a significant head start on getting to 12 teams and a slightly shorter head start getting to 14. Otherwise the ACC has grown nicely over the years and has a network launching in 2019.

Now doesn't seem like the time to start making ridiculous demands and unreasonable claims.

You are just a master of deflecting the question. I'm an alum and HC member by the way, not a "message board fan".

If you think a school joins a conference in order to entertain you then I've got some bad news. They don't.

And, crazy as it sounds, they don't join conferences merely to entertain Hurricane Club members either.

The SEC didn't become the SEC overnight.

It had a significant head start on getting to 12 teams and a slightly shorter head start getting to 14. Otherwise the ACC has grown nicely over the years and has a network launching in 2019.

Now doesn't seem like the time to start making ridiculous demands and unreasonable claims.

Pretty sure the number of teams is not why they are each getting $15 mil more per team. **** the Big 10 distributed $8 mil more per average. The reason is marketing. Hopefully the ACC will do a better job in the future, but the football teams (UNC, Duke, UVa, Wake, Pitt, BC, Syracuse) simply don't have the same following as the other major conferences. That's why we lag behind.

If you think a school joins a conference in order to entertain you then I've got some bad news. They don't.

And, crazy as it sounds, they don't join conferences merely to entertain Hurricane Club members either.

Ok so how about telling me why conferences exist then? For the third time?

Advertisement
Back