Miami - ACC

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
Advertisement
Assuming it could be done

Not just NO but **** NO!!

Why?? We gain Nothing

With its current markets ACC $$ will soon match SEC TV $$

The ACC also has a much higher scholastic reputation. Also it would be terrible for basketball.

Main reason is that we'll NEVER be able to cheat with boosters and bags$$$ like they do..so we'll always be at a huge disadvantage

Why lower ourselves?

Last edited:
There's hypothetical theories and then there is financial reality. Although any SEC school could leave that conference without any financial penalties, to leave the ACC would be financially crippling. 50 million exit fee.
So this argument ends right there.

There's hypothetical theories and then there is financial reality. Although any SEC school could leave that conference without any financial penalties, to leave the ACC would be financially crippling. 50 million exit fee.
So this argument ends right there.

They got rid of the exit fee in favor of the grant of rights, which is exponentially more crippling. We are staying in the ACC for the foreseeable future.

Miami should join the SEC in a heartbeat if it had the opportunity. All recruiting leverage SEC schools have would be over.

It’s a football 1st conference and I’m tired of having to play bs schools like Duke, UVA, UNC, and whoever tf weak *** basketball school we have to play every year.

We don’t even play Clemson or Louisville EVER. Or other schools in the Atlantic even weaker schools idc I’m just tired of the same boring *** schedule year in and year out win or lose.

Advertisement
nope..the ACC is better than the SEC now.

yep

3 top tier 1 programs in clemson, miami, and fsu

several tier 2 programs like virginia tech, nc state, unc, duke

after bama and georgia, there's a huge drop off in the sec

Hypothetically speaking.. if a school in the SEC East decided they wanted to join another conference like ACC and left an opening in the division... would you want Miami to join the SEC? And why.

Curious, was having this convo with someone earlier.

That ship has sailed for multiple reasons.

First, the SEC has a tremendous financial incentive to go after a school in a "new state" where they currently have no footprint. Thus, the primary targets for the SEC would be UNC or VaTech in the East.

Second, UM would not be a very good fit within the SEC. The SEC is dominated by state schools, while the ACC is much friendlier terrain for a private school. Not to mention it would be very easy to envision being voted down on any vote in which Miami's interests differ from those behemoth state schools.

Third, UF will never let it happen. Period. End of story.

Is it fun to hypothesize about being in the SEC, purely from a competition standpoint? Sure. Is it a waste of time and effort? Absolutely.

Florida would never allow FSU into the SEC. Clemson makes more sense, but why would the Tigers leave a conference they dominate? The ACC in making a lot of progress financially (see TadFootball’s thread).

If the SEC were to replace a defector I would theink they’d try to add another state school from the Big 12. Oklahoma State?

Miami does not fit the model of a large, state institution. Vanderbilt is the only private school in the SEC.

Advertisement
NO! I want to be the school that takes down the SEC. I'm low key mad we joined the ACC, but I guess it came to a point we needed to join a bigger conference. But yeah, F the SEC. Can't wait til we take them off their high horse.

If we’re doing hypothetical scenarios, I’d rather think about all the things I would do spending a week in a luxurious secluded beach villa with these three honeys:

View attachment 60674

View attachment 60675

View attachment 60676

But I guess that’s just me.

Here on CIS, SEC fanboys shine the apple thinking about the impossible - Miami being in the SEC. That’s how much SEC nut swinging we have going on here.

Seriously, fūck the SEC. Stop thinking about them. Think about pūssy instead.
Have you ever gone to a SEC game? Went to the Iron Bowl,,amazing flowers. 2010..

Florida would never allow FSU into the SEC. Clemson makes more sense, but why would the Tigers leave a conference they dominate? The ACC in making a lot of progress financially (see TadFootball’s thread).

If the SEC were to replace a defector I would theink they’d try to add another state school from the Big 12. Oklahoma State?

Miami does not fit the model of a large, state institution. Vanderbilt is the only private school in the SEC.
In the 1960s, FSU was desperate to join the SEC & UF sponsored them like 10 yrs in a row. FSU was rejected every time.
These days i don't know what the Turds would do.
Miami in the SEC? Death wish. We'd be brutalized.
ACC, 2 hard games a year & 1 out of conf opponent,,much better for us..

Advertisement
Hypothetically speaking.. if a school in the SEC East decided they wanted to join another conference like ACC and left an opening in the division... would you want Miami to join the SEC? And why.

Curious, was having this convo with someone earlier.
NO!

In the 1960s, FSU was desperate to join the SEC & UF sponsored them like 10 yrs in a row. FSU was rejected every time.

This is the kind of weak defeatist stuff I’m talking about.

Listen to this weak *** shlt. We’d be “brutalized”.

Newsflash: when you’re done dangling on SEC caulk, a little reminder, the SEC is Alabama and a bunch of other teams that are all very beatable.

Go hide in a closet if you’re scared.

Please, look at Georgia's schedule coming up this year or the one they played last year. If you think we'd get brutalized then you must think that we are going to get crushed by LSU. We'll see what happens.

Advertisement
This is the kind of weak defeatist stuff I’m talking about.

Listen to this weak *** shlt. We’d be “brutalized”.

Newsflash: when you’re done dangling on SEC caulk, a little reminder, the SEC is Alabama and a bunch of other teams that are all very beatable.

Go hide in a closet if you’re scared.
In 1991 there was a conference shakeup,, FSU was offered a SEC invitation.
Coach Bowden, "A lot of dead heros in the SEC."
Now to address your BS,, Auburn, Georgia, A&M are all very beatable? Hardly. I'll be happy to beat LSU. But that is only one game.
A SEC schedule would be a death march.
We've yet to win an ACC title.
We would be another Vanderbilt.
I'm not a defeatist, just a realist.
Come visit me in Realville,, I'll buy ya a beer..

Please, look at Georgia's schedule coming up this year or the one they played last year. If you think we'd get brutalized then you must think that we are going to get crushed by LSU. We'll see what happens.
I was at UM, during the Carl Selmer era. Improve the team? Me, **** yes.
Most Alums, soften the schedule.
Do know how close we were to dropping football? Basketball was dropped in 1972.
University of Tampa,, dropped football in 71, scary times.
Jimmy Johnsons teams were SEC caliber.
Only CMR could answer this question..

We would be another Vanderbilt.

Shirley, you can’t be serious.

You telling me the only difference between Vanderbilt and 5 national championships is being in the $EC?? Maybe you should go tell them.

Why are you here? $EC boards aren’t only for the illiterate. There is a place for you, it’s not here troll.

Advertisement
Back