Miami - ACC

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16870

Hypothetically speaking.. if a school in the SEC East decided they wanted to join another conference like ACC and left an opening in the division... would you want Miami to join the SEC? And why.

Curious, was having this convo with someone earlier.

Advertisement
If you think the ACC screws us over, just what do you think the SEC would do?

In that incredibly unlikely scenario, I'd do it. More money, SEC recruiting bump, beat Florida every year. Only drawback would be maybe missing out on FSU. Can't imagine they'd reserve 2 OOC games every year to play Florida and Miami.
Pu$$ya$$ schools like suckeyes, bammer, ufake and fswho usually dont sched 2 power 5 major ooc games. They do however schedule multiple lower tier jaugernautes to really pad their "super conference" schedule. Teams like the northen vermont school for the blind and the southern louisinana college of clowns is always sure to be playinb back-to-back weeks in augyst/september and thdn show back up in November to really challenge them before "super conference" rivalries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
SEC wouldn't even want us. We don't fit their mold. They'd go HARDDDDDDD after Florida State. Maybe even Virginia Tech. Thats the only schools they would probably want in the ACC. Some could say Clemson but they already have a school in South Carolina. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see why they would want 2 schools in SC when they can get 2 in Florida because when Dabo leaves, Clemson will probably go back to being just a solid program. (if they were only choosing to replace that team with ACC school.) If we're talking all conference they go for Texas or Oklahoma. And I don't think we'd even want to be there (well the school would for the money). We've barely competed for the ACC. If it took us 13 years to make the ACC championship game it will probably take us 20-25 years to reach the SEC championship game at that rate. Call that ridiculous all you want but we've seen a triple option team get in the ACCCG more then us. So I find it hard going from VT and GT to Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, A&M , schools who recruit as good or flat out better then us, that we would see a conference title game any time soon.

Oh and if you think moving to the SEC will get us more elite recruits. WRONG. It will instead put more SEC teams on the TV sets of SFL recruits as already is. SEC is good because of the bags not because of the conference. We don't have the bags to compete already so imagine not competing in the SEC on the field then having to SEC opponents tell SFL recruits "We beat Miami so why would you go there" while giving those croots bags in the off-season? We don't want those problems.

Advertisement
Man y'all over thinking tf out this question. All I asked is if y'all would want the University of Miami to be in the SEC if it was proposed. Lol dam

I think we are fine right where we are. I do not like the idea of beating up on SEC good ol'boy and then having NCAA cloud over the program because you know there would be some sort of collusion or sabotage going on.

No. We’re a national brand. Better to play up and down east coast with a game or two OOC games

I just see no reason to.

And academics

TBH, we need to make ND full member and add one of following in order

1. Penn State
2. WVU
3. Navy

If we’re doing hypothetical scenarios, I’d rather think about all the things I would do spending a week in a luxurious secluded beach villa with these three honeys:

ADF4A5F8-6168-47BB-8AB8-60E7A79C7C29.gif

B34D0F1D-5C78-4F38-A511-8208A986E164.gif

26C9B366-74FD-454A-AC28-A40CBBEBB4F3.gif

But I guess that’s just me.

Here on CIS, SEC fanboys shine the apple thinking about the impossible - Miami being in the SEC. That’s how much SEC nut swinging we have going on here.

Seriously, fūck the SEC. Stop thinking about them. Think about pūssy instead.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The ONLY reason to go to the SEC would be to force UFelon to play us every year.

As much as I trash on the ACC, I’m all about making it better and getting a fairer shake for us. The ACC is a great group of schools/athletic programs with fan bases and academics that put the SEC to shame.

It just happens to be run by a complacent, incompetent, and basketball snobbish cabal that has disdain for everything Miami... except the money we bring them and the fact that if they hadn’t brought us in, they wouldn’t even have a conference anymore.

Advertisement
I'd leave in a heart beat. More $$$, easier to recruit and we'd have way more primetime games.
Before I give my opinion, I'll say Clemson a more likely choice for the sec leadership .After thought I agree because as we see in politics, business and influence, $$$ rules the day. Plus IMO we become the most desired location in the sec, minimizes the negatives they use and brings those cowards to Miami.

No, we are Miami and once we get our legs fully under us we are one of a handful of premier programs in the country. As several mentioned we're still a better fit in the ACC. I've been to several SEC games and we're apples and oranges.
I also don't see any big conference realignment in the near, or far for that matter, future maybe some shuffling in CUSA, AAC or something.

NO we just don't have the cash to compete with the SEC bagmen. Also Miami is known for there academics the SEC not so much.

Man y'all over thinking tf out this question. All I asked is if y'all would want the University of Miami to be in the SEC if it was proposed. Lol dam
Answer is no. At least in the ACC we have a shot to play in the Conference CG every year. Be lucky to do that once every 10 yrs in the SEC.

Advertisement
Back