Miami - ACC

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
Advertisement
Ok so how about telling me why conferences exist then? For the third time?

So a like-minded group of schools, preferably ones with a shared geography, can fill athletic schedules and pool resources in order to generate revenue.

There isn't a conference in existence that better fits those criteria for Miami better than the ACC.

Advertisement
So a like-minded group of schools, preferably ones with a shared geography, can fill athletic schedules and pool resources in order to generate revenue.

There isn't a conference in existence that better fits those criteria for Miami better than the ACC.

Oh no ****, it is to generate revenue? Wow I would've never thought of that.

No you're right, it's because they have 14 teams.

I'm amazed that this is difficult for you.

They wouldn't have expanded if didn't end up increasing their bottom line (payout per school).

Just like the Big 12 didn't expand because adding two more schools would've decreased their payouts.

Advertisement
So you think the SEC expanded because 14 teams would've diminished their per school payouts?

You really are stupid.

Again, not how a rich person thinks. A rich person thinks about ways to become richer. They know that an even bigger product will create more revenue. You shouldn't assume everyone is stupid, you should ask questions to clarify when you don't understand.

Again, not how a rich person thinks. A rich person thinks about ways to become richer. They know that an even bigger product will create more revenue. You shouldn't assume everyone is stupid, you should ask questions to clarify when you don't understand.

What the **** does this have to do with anything?

You're just rambling now.

The SEC was the first to 12 and the first to 14.

Why?

Because it made their members richer.

Now you can go to your incoherent musings.

Advertisement
No, you want a different conference because you want to be more entertained and have cooler road trips.

Considering I live on the other side of the country, this, along with everything else you've said, is another wildly inaccurate assumption.

Considering I live on the other side of the country, this, along with everything else you've said, is another wildly inaccurate assumption.

How is it an assumption when that's basically what you said in this thread?

I'm surprised a lot of people on here are content with playing UNC, Duke, Virginia, Pitt and another scrub Atlantic team on most years. I'd love for us to have bigger crowds at home games and higher stakes road games.

I know it’ll never happen, but looking at our home games this year doesn’t get me super excited.

Advertisement
I quoted you word for word.

You want bigger crowds at home and better road games with "higher stakes."

Yes, as I've explained, that would create more revenue. Which has been my point all along. Nowhere does that mean, nevertheless imply, that I myself am going to road trip any of those games.

Advertisement
Back