Miami +3 @ UNC

They have a legit D , especially in the front. But they seem to be more finesse.

It’s one of their better D’s I can remember. I think they can be had though. Running and passing. We just need to protect TVD because their front four will cause pressure.
Would you say this is the third best front we will face after tamu and fspoo?

Advertisement
I keep reading it’s a different team…

THIS team and staff wasn’t prepared against GT

We’ll see how they respond…
Question, is playing a tough game against imo our toughest matchup and losing a hard fought battle considered a good response?

I keep reading it’s a different team…

THIS team and staff wasn’t prepared against GT

We’ll see how they respond…
How could they have not been prepared….the GT game was a benchmark to see where we are. Teams of the past would have lost that game on effort. We lost it on corching. I would love to believe we will be ****ed off and pound on UNC but my faith is shaken.

Advertisement
I still think Clemson is very legit.

I agree, but I really think we’re a better team overall. This game Saturday is so ******* gigantic I can’t even explain it. For so many reasons. But one of them is, if we win, I really think we come home and beat Clemson too. And that gets this thing rolling bigly back in the right direction.

Clemson should have lost on Saturday to Wake, full stop. Even though their defense did play very well overall and they had better stats, Wake had a first and goal in the 1st quarter that they turned into 0 points. They had a first and 10 at the Clemson 11 that they turned into 3 points. They had a pass into the redzone for a first down in the 2nd quarter that they fumbled. They missed a 39 yard field goal to end the first half. They had another first and 10 at the Clemson 11 that they only got 3 out of.

And they lost by 5.

Clemson had some missed opportunities too, don’t get me wrong. Mainly a muffed punt that set up one of those drives above that I mentioned. But Clemson can be had this year. Their offense is abysmal. Klubnik is awful and they don’t trust him for ****. He averaged 4.7 yards per attempt in a home game against Wake Forest. And it’s not because he had a billion incompletions. He completed 64% of his passes and still only averaged 4.7 a throw. His COMPLETIONS only averaged 7.3 yards. That is so incredibly bad. TVD for example is averaging 13.5 yards per completion. They don’t have anyone who can get vertical and they don’t trust him throwing down the field at all.

Somehow, some way find a way to get out of Chapel **** with a dub and we can get this thing back on the tracks going forward.

Question, is playing a tough game against imo our toughest matchup and losing a hard fought battle considered a good response?
If the question is to the resiliency of the players, that is a big yes.. A bounce back hard fought battle is a great response by the players.

If we lose because of horrible decision making, lack of adjustments, etc., then that is not a good response by the staff.

The 2021 team did not give up. Last year, there were times it appeared that they did. This year the come back from being down against A&M was extremely positive and important. They fought back Saturday to take the lead. Now they need to get back off the mat again and fight threw it at UNC.

Have 0 doubt the next two games will be absolute blowouts. This team will again be broken for the next month and maybe longer.

UNC 42
UM 17

No chance IMO next week.
Kobe Bryant GIF

Advertisement
If the question is to the resiliency of the players, that is a big yes.. A bounce back hard fought battle is a great response by the players.

If we lose because of horrible decision making, lack of adjustments, etc., then that is not a good response by the staff.

The 2021 team did not give up. Last year, there were times it appeared that they did. This year the come back from being down against A&M was extremely positive and important. They fought back Saturday to take the lead. Now they need to get back off the mat again and fight threw it at UNC.
Yea im with u

I really think next week’s result will have little to do with the gtech game.

I think they will be prepared and play hard but i feel like even if unc wins by multiple scores its not because we collapsed vs gtech and it carried over it just might be because unc is better and/or its a bad matchup for us, this might get lost because of how bad the collapse was tho thats why i asked.

Have 0 doubt the next two games will be absolute blowouts. This team will again be broken for the next month and maybe longer.

UNC 42
UM 17

No chance IMO next week.
Clemson won't blow us out. They don't have the firepower to do that. It'll be a hard fought tough L that will feel like the years where FSU was extending their win streak on us but wasn't very good themselves. We just couldn't beat them for whatever reason.

I'm on your wavelength with UNC. I told someone else 42-24. Maybe we get to 30-31 in garbage time.

Advertisement
Yea im with u

I really think next week’s result will have little to do with the gtech game.

I think they will be prepared and play hard but i feel like even if unc wins by multiple scores its not because we collapsed vs gtech and it carried over it just might be because unc is better and/or its a bad matchup for us, this might get lost because of how bad the collapse was tho thats why i asked.
Agreed. UNC is a tough match up. Likely we may need to revisit a similar concept in a week. How does Miami respond to a bad loss, and then a tough loss or hard fought win, the following week at home against Clemson? Clemson was once a huge game on the calendar, depending on this week, it has lost its luster to an extent.

Game by game.

Fan duel

Update:

If you think we're getting smashed Saturday, Pate suggests you take UNC -3 while you still can. Pate seems to suggest we will play with our hair on fire. I don't agree or disagree.

Walking a narrow rope between teams that get embarrassed and then show up with their hair on fair vs the ones that shut it down and get embarrassed again.

Good teams do the former. Poor teams (most teams) do the latter. Some fall in the middle. I think we're teetering on the middle but have historically been the team that checks out and gets blown out again.

I expect something like Texas Tech losing to Wyoming and then playing Oregon. Losing to Wyoming you think they're terrible, got embarrassed, and then play Oregon somewhat close but just ultimately just got toyed with for 3 quarters then put into submission by the better team in the 4th quarter.

The flip side of embarrassing losses is your next opponent puts too much stock into it and takes it lightly. Usually why they end up close for a long period of the game before the better team ends up winning.

Dawson ****ed up last game. Offense went into a shell, I saw at least 6/7 formations & concepts vs A&M that I haven’t seen since. He tried to “Temple” GT and it didn’t work… if anyone thinks that’s the offense we see this Saturday you’re mistaken. Canes ML is the lock of the year Saturday.

Canes 34 UNC 28

Advertisement
I hope that we open THE playbook. Now it's time, we need to win this game BIG TIME. No stupid penalties, HANG on to the ball. None of this running up the middle. And please play with fire in their soul. CRISTOBAL no stupidity. TAKE a lesson from THE OLD CANES. THIS is due or DIE. Come out on the field like mad men.

I hope that we open THE playbook. Now it's time, we need to win this game BIG TIME. No stupid penalties, HANG on to the ball. None of this running up the middle. And please play with fire in their soul. CRISTOBAL no stupidity. TAKE a lesson from THE OLD CANES. THIS is due or DIE. Come out on the field like mad men.
It’s coming. Weird as it is, I actually feel better about Miami’s chances this weekend due to last game, not the opposite… teams that get embarrassed rarely EVER play bad next week (See GT week before our game)… if Miami had managed to blow out GT I think I’d feel less confident. I know we need this way worse than that geriatric in Chapel Hill

Backed into a corner, only one thing to do… attack.

Advertisement
Back