Miami +3 @ UNC

Some guy who bets big told me yesterday that TVD turns the ball over at a much higher rate in night games. Anyone know if that’s true?

He's FOS.

In 2021, there were 2 night games and TVD played great (UVA/NcSt).

In 2022, there were 2 night games - ATM (zero INTs) and FSU (he didn't play much and he was banged up)

In 2023, GT.

So, in his career, TVD has had a grand total of one game at night with more than 1 INT.

edit: PP beat me to the punch

Advertisement
Im afraid of what this game could look like.

Part of me feels we got some real dawgs and lenders on this team now.. so they won’t allow any quitting.

But that ****** Mack Brown has owned Miami.. and will be looking to put a fork in us..
I agree. This game has potential to be really really bad.

I agree. This game has potential to be really really bad.

Easy to think about that when it seems we are reeling.

- Coming off a horrendous loss to a crappy team
- Other team is rolling
- On the road
- Formidable oppt who have had our number
- etc etc.

But, we've all seen this play in games where they face insurmountable odds and we pull off the upset. One common thread with those games is that we typically were on the aggressive side on defense and offense. I fully expect Guidry to be as aggressive with Maye as he was with Connor. Can't afford for the kid to sit back and pick us apart.

Advertisement
Had a big day yesterday hitting a 6 leg parlay with $50 of house money. Won $1900. Putting decent money, something like $100 on UNC to cover.

Miami wins and I’m happy and if they lose I’m happy because I won money.
Been my betting strategy on every big game one of my teams is involved in for the better part of 10 years lol. Every Pats Super Bowl i've put $100 bucks on the other teams money line. Best case, I paid $100 for a Pats SB Win (worth it), Worst case, I walk out with more money than I came with.

Weirdly enough, I actually feel pretty confident here. I get the vibe we come out with a real chip on our shoulders and think UNC may be overlooking us a bit. No reason to feel that UNC will overlook us but I just get the vibe, they are riding high, see us coming off an embarrassing loss and think they have this in the bag at home. I feel like we win this 35-28.

Weirdly enough, I actually feel pretty confident here. I get the vibe we come out with a real chip on our shoulders and think UNC may be overlooking us a bit. No reason to feel that UNC will overlook us but I just get the vibe, they are riding high, see us coming off an embarrassing loss and think they have this in the bag at home. I feel like we win this 35-28.
UNC isn’t overlooking Miami. They have UVA and GT after this week. This is their Super Bowl. They can effectively eliminate Miami from ACC title contention, leaving them FSU and Louisville fighting for two spots.

Advertisement
I don’t believe so. In 2021 he had 2 multiple INT games (UNC and FSU). From what I remember Both were day games with either 12 or 3:30 kicks.

In 2022 he had one multiple INT game in MTSU (not a night game). He also tossed picks in UNC and So Miss games, neither of which was at night.

I guess this season it’s technically true because prior to Saturday his only pick had been in the Mia OH game but that’s a pretty limited sample.

Thank you.

TVD has outplayed Maye so far this year
UNC‘s O doesn’t look the same and neither does Maye since Longo left. Our issues started the minute they hired that guy. His offense was a problem. Maybe Drake turns it on and is just having trouble with the new playbook but there’s an obvious drop off.

Advertisement
UNC‘s O doesn’t look the same and neither does Maye since Longo left. Our issues started the minute they hired that guy. His offense was a problem. Maybe Drake turns it on and is just having trouble with the new playbook but there’s an obvious drop off.
What are your thoughts on their D? I hear mixed things.

On the road, our Defense needs to come to play if we want to stand a chance. We look phenomenal on that end. Hopefully, we aren’t too banged up.

Correct. And I posted in the thread when we talked about him leaving for Wisky in the off-season that this was a HUGE move for it. We get to pay it off this weekend.

We've got to force Maye into some mistakes, which he has made this year. He's thrown 4 picks, and not coincidentally, 2 were against USCe and 2 against Minnesota, both of those games were their lowest point totals of the year. 31. So he can turn it over.

He's also running less this year, I think somewhat similar to Jordan Travis in that he's improving as a passer so they're not asking for him to run as frequently. I think that makes his LESS dangerous overall as a player. Last year he averaged 14 carries a game (that number includes sacks), this year it's 10. He's also averaging half a yard less per carry this year.

Advertisement

Crazy Ex Girlfriend Idk GIF

They haven't played an offense with the capability of ours yet.

USCe, Pitt, App State, Syracuse and Minnesota are all below average offenses. Especially Pitt and Minnesota, they are both in the 100s in YPP.

Cuse was doing pretty well and they've been decimated by injuries, Clemson and UNC last week killed them.

App State is a G5 team and USCe is well below average also.

IMG_2986.gif

Last edited:
If you thought the refs were egregious Saturday evening, just wait until this weekend. You can bet your *** there will be no shortage of some good ol‘ fashion All Carolina Conference home cookin’ for Mack.

Advertisement
Back