Miami +3 @ UNC

What changes with Mario and his staff to ensure the game management blunders don’t happen again?
Something tells me that stupidity won’t happen again.

Edit: BTW, not defending Mario, because at the end it falls on him but Mario didn’t call the running play, that was Dawson’s dumb ***. Mario, should have told him, kneel it but Mario’s approaching things differently and allowing his coordinators run their game. It back fired here. He ****ed up and it cost us a game. I doubt it happens ever again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m going to the UNC game, but UNC -2.5 (buying 0.5pt) has to be the play…. From a gamblers perspective
IDK... getting your money back at the 3 key number seems like good enough insurance... depends on the juice

Advertisement
Updated the OP.

If you think we're getting smashed Saturday, Pate suggests you take UNC +3 while you still can. Pate seems to suggest we will play with our hair on fire. I don't agree or disagree.

Advertisement
I think unc wins a close one

I don’t think the end of yesterday effects this game much, i think they are strong minded and will be ready to play..

But unc is just a terrible matchup for us imo i was leaning towards a loss before last night’s game and gtech putting that defensive gameplan on film kinda makes me lean harder

Had a big day yesterday hitting a 6 leg parlay with $50 of house money. Won $1900. Putting decent money, something like $100 on UNC to cover.

Miami wins and I’m happy and if they lose I’m happy because I won money.
Hit 2 5 teamers last weekend while I was at Disney and it paid for our trip. Also should have hit a 10 team (started feeling myself) for $32k, but USC choked late. Guess what game cost me my 4 team and $2k this weekend? I never bet on my teams, not sure why I did this weekend.

Advertisement
Tvd has no eye discipline stares down x always.
Unc will follow the blue print and play zone play games with 2 high safety rotating post snap forcing TVD to read the entire field keeping every thing in front. We run IZ will no variety in the run game. We probably have the more simplistic and predictable run scheme in the ACC. 99% of our runs are inside the tackles unless its some kind of jet sweep. We are not hard to prepare for.

Unc has 3 good wrs who are threats on all 3 levels of the field. 2 have great speed and exeleration and can turn short throws in to long gains or just beat you over top. Good running back as well. Maye will take what's given to him and has no issues attacking zone or man + can get thru all his reads if not he is athletic and will run. Long weekend coming.

If we go into the game with the same lack of passing game strategy against that shell defense we faced, UNC’s better DL will take us to task. Maybe, I don’t know, split those two deep Safeties earlier and more often.
glad to see this. I saw us run multiple plays where we only ran routes 1/2 the field to simplify the read but the concepts would/should be washed by most 2 high shell looks. Dawson was abysmal all game. it was like the run diversity of lashlee with passing concepts of Gattis

Still undecided if im going to the game. I had planned on it before gt.

I just dont have a good feeling about this game especially after Saturday.

Advertisement
Tvd has no eye discipline stares down x always.
Unc will follow the blue print and play zone play games with 2 high safety rotating post snap forcing TVD to read the entire field keeping every thing in front. We run IZ will no variety in the run game. We probably have the more simplistic and predictable run scheme in the ACC. 99% of our runs are inside the tackles unless its some kind of jet sweep. We are not hard to prepare for.

Unc has 3 good wrs who are threats on all 3 levels of the field. 2 have great speed and exeleration and can turn short throws in to long gains or just beat you over top. Good running back as well. Maye will take what's given to him and has no issues attacking zone or man + can get thru all his reads if not he is athletic and will run. Long weekend coming.

Sounds a lot like aTm. My concern is not that the defense can’t do enough to win, it’s which offense shows up. A QB playing as crappy as TVD did is very limiting, but I can’t figure out what our gameplan against GT actually was, it was a bit of a grab bag.

Sounds a lot like aTm. My concern is not that the defense can’t do enough to win, it’s which offense shows up. A QB playing as crappy as TVD did is very limiting, but I can’t figure out what our gameplan against GT actually was, it was a bit of a grab bag.
I feel like Gattis left his playbook in the locker room and Dawson found it... said what the ****...we barely game planned for GT...let's call some of these.

I have no doubt we will be ready to play. This team has actual talented leaders on it, I don’t expect a let down. That all said, it will be a dog fight. I still believe our CBs aren’t very good and this will be a tough matchup for them. We have to pressure Maye all game or we will get destroyed. On offense, just do the opposite of what we did on Saturday night.

Advertisement
Back