Miami +3 @ UNC

Advertisement
I gamble on sports a lot.

Wise guys love us this weekend. The public is all on UNC but sharp money in vegas really likes Miami, hence why the line has been relatively steady.

I haven't bet on Miami in a long time due to my obvious bias, but I just put in a big ticket to cover +4 on one of my books.

Wise guys love us this weekend. The public is all on UNC but sharp money in vegas really likes Miami, hence why the line has been relatively steady.

I haven't bet on Miami in a long time due to my obvious bias, but I just put in a big ticket to cover +4 on one of my books.
I said this early in the week. Fans are emotional and the last thing they saw was us pooping the bed. Sharps don’t bet on emotion , it’s not about the last game but more the next. No emotion, just money.

You can't outrun your destiny. We are destined to always lose after a bye week. We are destined to always lose to UNC. We are destined to always go on a little mini tailspin at some point in the season.

I fear if this does not happen the earth will start to rotate counterclockwise and the world as we know it will end. We are the guardians of the galaxy by always falling flat on our face

Advertisement

It’s been my main source of income for a few years now.

I know of three sharp syndicates that have put out strong plays on Miami +4, +3.5 and ML.

Public bettors will not come within 50 feet of us, it’s all sharp action.

I listen to the cover 3 pod and while it has varying opinions on here, neither one of them threw up a lock on the game. Except for maybe a team total for one of them on unc. I know they’re not pros but I think the people who aren’t wild realize that these two teams can go any direction

I listen to the cover 3 pod and while it has varying opinions on here, neither one of them threw up a lock on the game. Except for maybe a team total for one of them on unc. I know they’re not pros but I think the people who aren’t wild realize that these two teams can go any direction
Cover 3 pod is a Seminole pod--as biased as any pod against Miami.

Advertisement
Our DL isn't very good.

UNC's front is good but they're also giants. Probably the biggest DL we'll face this year.
Miami is one of the best Defense’s in the country against the run. To say the DL isn’t very good is a bit harsh. That being said, I agree we need better DL play to play with the big boys and not rely on the blitz just to get to the QB.

Miami is one of the best Defense’s in the country against the run. To say the DL isn’t very good is a bit harsh. That being said, I agree we need better DL play to play with the big boys and not rely on the blitz just to get to the QB.
Meant as a pass rushing unit.

Also don’t think we defend the run anywhere close to as good as our stats suggest. That will likely take a big hit into the 40s-50s by the end of the year

Advertisement
Feel like I should put 1K or so on the blue ******* just so we are guaranteed to win this one. Question is how big of a personal L do I want to take for the team.

Each and every game is it's own entity obviously

But just remember…Bovada is as square a sharp as it gets. Never a line to be respected, dumb clientele.
Bovada is in line with most shops on this game. There aren’t many 4’s left out there. It was never gonna balloon past 4/4.5 into dead numbers. Nobody “respected” is gonna throw a large amount of money on Carolina at -4 or worse bc they think they know the mental makeup of Miami. Which is the only reason somebody would buy them at that number.

The buyback getting it down to 3/3.5 is purely a numbers or power ratings play. I don’t think you see a 2.5 pop, and if it does it’ll be gone before you can drive to your local book to bet it.

Advertisement
Feel like I should put 1K or so on the blue ******* just so we are guaranteed to win this one. Question is how big of a personal L do I want to take for the team.
Don't do it. It's not a win-win, it's a lose-lose. Either ride with the canes or just leave it alone.

Cover 3 pod is a Seminole pod--as biased as any pod against Miami.

Eh, Forneli and Patterson definitely don’t hate Miami annd I’d even venture to say they like the program.
Elliot and Kanell are both Noles but usually keep it pretty objective on Cover3. Kanell’s hottakes are awful though, luckily he’s not even on the pod half the time.

For general college football it’s one of the better pods imo.

Advertisement
Back