Miami (#12) Drops Three Spots in the AP Poll

Was thinking the same exact thing.
The AP voters could look really stupid if both those teams lose.

Then again they would probably put NW ahead of us if that happened unless we beat the Jackets by 80 or something.
Yeah it's possible. They won't respect us until we start winning impressively.

Advertisement
BYU has literally the worst strength of schedule of any team ranked in the top 25 like ever lol. Seriously, they've been beating up a bunch of absolute trash schools and have. Really good QB. They should not be ranked ahead of Coastal Carolina, let alone top 10.

Also Oregon has looked far worse than we have imo. Idk why you'd watch both our games and drop us and raise Oregon.

All we gotta do is win out like we should. GTech, UNC, and Wake isn't very good.
Exactly. Oregon has not looked impressive vs lesser comp. ND beat Clemson who was injured on both sides including sunshine and barely won that. And beat pitt 12-7. The polls don’t make sense. But idc..keep winning down this stretch. Seems we are getting guys back at the right time. Just finish 3-0. Idgaf if they drop us

Ed Reed story

In a winning locker room it happened, a player next to him was taking off his tape and wrapping and throwing it on the locker room floor .

Reed stopped him and said there’s a garbage can 2 feet away and you chose to throw your trash on the floor instead of doing the RIGHT thing and throw it in the trash can .

You chose to disrespect the cleaning crew who wipes up after us all .

It’s the LITTLE things that build WINNERS on a constant basis, never cut yourself or you team short .

Thd cleaning crew is part of this organization.

WE CANNOT BE EXALTED UNLESS WE EXALT OTHERS.

FELLAS THIS IS HOW YOU WIN

Advertisement
In the end it won’t make a bit of difference.

If we take care of business, we have a legit shot at finishing being ranked in the top ten in both polls when it’s all said and done at the end of the season.

As long as the players and coaches hold up their end.

Now who here would’ve guessed we’d be in this position, at this point in the season? Probably not many of you.

I’ll take it. We’re in a good spot right now. We hold our fate in our hands.
This whole season was to show recruits we could win. With ND added to the league and no divisions it was set up from the jump. If we go 10-1 and win the bowl game that’s a major leap for future classes.

1. Bama
2. ND
3. OSU
4. Clemson
5. A&M
6. UF
7. Cinci
8. BYU
9. Indiana
10. Wisconsin
11. Oregon
12. Miami
13. UGA
14. Ok St
15. Marshall/Coastal Carolina
Oregon is the only one that moved ahead of us that there is no case for. WI and IU have been dominating.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Quick prologue: In baseball projections there is a simple projection system that is sort of the standard that fancy metrics try to beat, called Marcel. Most models cannot beat Marcel in projections. In football, there is a similar simple model to project/evaluate team strength called Simple Rating System.

Miami is 16th in Simple Rating System this season. Taking out MAC teams, who have played only two games and are MAC teams, Miami jumps up to 13th. I use a model that I built that uses components of two pretty basic measures (Expected Points Added and Success Rate) and incorporate Simple Rating System figures into the model. My model has them 15th in the country.

What's funny to me is that the only matchup between two teams in the top-25 of the SRS model this weekend was Miami vs. Virginia Tech.

Tulsa is the top-25, but SMU (the ranked team) isn't.

Miami has beaten #23 (VT), #29 (NC State), #37 (Virginia), #46 (Pitt), #47 (UAB), #62 (Louisville), #91 (Florida State) and lost to #3 (Clemson). They've won five games against top-50 teams this season.

Alabama has won two. #17 (Georgia), #33 (Texas A & M)

Cincinnati has won two. #29 (SMU), #50 (Army)

Florida has won two. Same two as Alabama.

Notre Dame has won two. #3 (Clemson), #46 (Pitt)

To me, it's time to stop treating this Canes team as a garbage heap and put some real respect on what they've accomplished after last year. Only team in the country with five top-50 wins thus far (sans MAC teams).

Lance you are a beast.

I was just thinking. With no cupcake games, this thread out here had me thinking “Who out here is beating all those winning teams every week?”

Your post gives perspective on how remarkable this team has actually been this year.

Keep doing the Lord’s work.

What the **** ever. All I need this year is 10-1 regular season and a win in a nice bowl game.. preferably against the gaytor. Then win teh offseason again by dumping the defensive staph, hitting the portal, and closing with a proper recruiting class. I really don't give a **** where we're ranked at the end of this stupid year. We aint ready for the playoffs this year so just keep building momentum. Finish 11-1, take whatever ranking you get, and start coming downhill.

Advertisement
Back