Miami (#12) Drops Three Spots in the AP Poll

This is bull****. If we would have canceled the game we'd still be #9. Oregon jumped us and they have played two games! I am beyond sympathetic to COVID but we've played 8 games. That should matter.
I mean would you have rather had a postponed game or a win? I’d take the win for sure on the road. Just gotta go 3-0 the last three games. Who cares about the rankings now.

Advertisement
Sorry but F that crap. These teams opting out and canceling games passing us is BS. How many games is OSU even going to play? 7, maybe 8. At some point the teams gutting out covid, playing games, and winning needs to count for more. Style points should be obsolete this season. We had 6 OLs against Vtech and beat them at their house. ACC teams also played a +1 schedule. That should matter. Teams like UAB and Liberty aren't slouches. These teams opting out of games should because they have too many covid cases should be given at least a tie on their record.

Advertisement
What exactly are you basing that on? What has Indiana, for instance, done that makes you think they are better than us?

Either y’all just like to shít on teams that you’re a “fan” of or you don’t actually watch college football.
Difference is Indiana is beating the **** out of the unranked teams....Miami is barely winning.

Advertisement
ACC is trash and everyone knows it. We just struggled beating a 3 loss team who came off a loss to Liberty. And before you even throw their ranking at my face, they’re ******* Liberty!! VT has no business losing to them. Don’t get me started with Virginia and Pitt.

I have no problem with drop in rankings; in fact, I expected it. Miami isn’t competing for the ACC, let alone the playoffs, despite what record we have, at the moment. I am okay with building for the future. I just hope there is a future without King when the time comes.

Do you even follow college football?

Could I suggest you create a troll thread and just automatically move all the stupid posts like "the acc is trash", "Miami hasn't beaten any good teams", etc to it?

It's like when the police allow protesters to gather but "for their safety" cordon them off and stick them in a roped off area next to the dumpsters far away. The trolls can't complain they aren't allowed to post, they can do so freely in the garbage posts area.

Advertisement
Man mopes can mope but we are in a good spot here behind mostly undefeated teams several of which we would probably beat.

We need to close the season without a loss and hope we get a chance to back door into the acccg against ND. If that doesn't happen then a bowl against Cincy, BYU, or Oregon would be best case scenario. If we could pull out the W we finish top 5ish in the country even though we are more of a 9 or 10 in reality.

Yea we could lose to any top 30 team on a given day but so can a lot of top ten teams. ND almost dropped an ugly one to Louisville earlier this season. We have had two tough road games in the heart of tobacco road country back to back and missing key contributors. Let's see if we get back on track at home against GT and move forward from there.

Could I suggest you create a troll thread and just automatically move all the stupid posts like "the acc is trash", "Miami hasn't beaten any good teams", etc to it?

It's like when the police allow protesters to gather but "for their safety" cordon them off and stick them in a roped off area next to the dumpsters far away. The trolls can't complain they aren't allowed to post, they can do so freely in the garbage posts area.
Unfortunately, those guys unwittingly add value to this site by creating clicks and responses. Think of them as the dung beetles of CIS.

Thats what happens when one team barely beats unranked team and the other beats the **** out of unranked teams

Thats what happens when one team barely beats unranked team and the other beats the **** out of unranked teams.
We smoked a few unranked teams too. This changes my point how? FSU almost has as many wins as their whole schedule let that sink in

Advertisement
7-1

That usually means you're a pretty good team.

How good are we though? I think we're alright, but not a strong 7-1 team.

I look at every game left and see GT as a game I'm confident we can win. Wake and UNC, they're toss ups.

We keep finding ways to win. That's all that matters at this point as those that weren't emphatic or impressive wins, lately have been losses.

Rankings wise, I don't think our performance so far really justifies anyone here saying that we're getting screwed. It's tough to say with any confidence we deserve to be higher when we're scraping by at times. Doesn't matter though, find a way to win and build a future on that.

Advertisement
Back