Mel and Todd on Canes D Ends

If what Kiper says is true, and what most of us said btw, then GR cost himself millions not playing this season. If he plays, legit top 5 pick. Now he probably slips to 12 to 15 range. That’s a lot of money left on the table. But I guess if he is legit he will make it up in second contract.

If he goes top 15 with no mileage it's a good decision. The trouble is, his 'flags' are quite the wildcard. If he slips past 15 or so the view of teams will become clear and he risks slipping pretty far.

Advertisement
I agree with the analysis mostly, but I felt Rousseau got plenty of coverage sacks by setting a good edge with inside/outside leverage ability with his length. I think he could easily be a danielle hunter type player in a few years with even higher potential if harnessed

If Rousseau comes in ready for the combine, I doubt he slips much. Teams will see a freak who had 15.5 sacks in his only season.

Kwity Paye, the next closest edge prospect, has 11.5 sacks in his entire four-year career.

Shut your filthy mouth! I read this board all the time, and according to the self-appointed expert hot take porsters, the NFL really-really-really only drafts first-rounders who have years worth of videotape, flawless medical reports for multiple years, and the incredible intestinal fortitude and patriotism to play through Covid while standing for the national anthem without ever expressing an opinion on social justice issues.

Otherwise, these types of players become undrafted free agents, regardless of size or stats.

Dude is listed #1 at his position and people still questioning him lol This board sometimes. The NFL gives no ***** about players opting out. Unless he shows up to the combine with one leg, dude is going top 10 in the draft. It's been a long time since Miami's had a NFL prospect of his caliber. How about we celebrate that instead of trying to tear him down.

Advertisement
If what Kiper says is true, and what most of us said btw, then GR cost himself millions not playing this season. If he plays, legit top 5 pick. Now he probably slips to 12 to 15 range. That’s a lot of money left on the table. But I guess if he is legit he will make it up in second contract.
If what Kiper says is true, he would've been in line for a steep drop in production. Had he played and ended up with, say, 6 sacks, he may not have even been a 1R pick. It was a smart move to essentially lock in a mid-round 1R selection.

If what Kiper says is true, he would've been in line for a steep drop in production. Had he played and ended up with, say, 6 sacks, he may not have even been a 1R pick. It was a smart move to essentially lock in a mid-round 1R selection.
I don’t think the draft drop would happen unless he got injured. Von Miller is a good reference point for guy whose production dropped in his final year of college and he still went top 5.

Dude is listed #1 at his position and people still questioning him lol This board sometimes. The NFL gives no ***** about players opting out. Unless he shows up to the combine with one leg, dude is going top 10 in the draft. It's been a long time since Miami's had a NFL prospect of his caliber. How about we celebrate that instead of trying to tear him down.
YUP!! 100%

I'm praying the Dolphins can get him. He would be a monster in this Flores D.

Advertisement
Don’t overthink it. Rousseau is enormous, a great athlete, a clean kid, plays hard and had 15.5 sacks in his only season. He probably would’ve had 20+ sacks if he was as strong then as he is now.

He is going to go high.
He wasn't the starter either. :eek::eek::eek:

man would have loved to see Phillips next year. sucks we've only had GR and him for 1 year.

DE is going to be right back to playing new guys next year. Not sure Harvey, Williams and whoever is behind them stack up at all compared the the recent run we have had at DE.

Advertisement
That 10 spot split cost him around 50% of his potential earnings.
It also means he's gonna be in play for better teams... Guess no one thought that through. Front end will cost him first 3 to 4 years some money. Nothing huge but some. However on his second contract where we make our real money he'll be in play to get paid for real because he'll be playing along side better talent meaning he can't be keyed on as easily. Until he develops more than freakish length and athleticism and complements it with size and moves he can't afford to get keyed on... #longgame

Advertisement
DE is going to be right back to playing new guys next year. Not sure Harvey, Williams and whoever is behind them stack up at all compared the the recent run we have had at DE.
Then I think the DTs become the strength. Nesta, JHH, Roberts, incoming LT. That’s quite the talent there.

Rousseau won’t go in the 1st. Been saying it, and will keep saying it. Opting out is a horrible look.
Laughing At You GIF by memecandy

It also means he's gonna be in play for better teams... Guess no one thought that through. Front end will cost him first 3 to 4 years some money. Nothing huge but some. However on his second contract where we make our real money he'll be in play to get paid for real because he'll be playing along side better talent meaning he can't be keyed on as easily. Until he develops more than freakish length and athleticism and complements it with size and moves he can't afford to get keyed on... #longgame
Sorry dude you cant just give up 15-20 million guaranteed for the "long game" in football. Too many risk plus a 1st rounders rookie contract is for 5 years not 3 or 4 plus possibly 2 more years of being franchised tag, which is great money but it means you have to wait up to 7 years until your 2nd contract.

Advertisement
Back