Mel and Todd on Canes D Ends

Advertisement
Advertisement
If what Kiper says is true, and what most of us said btw, then GR cost himself millions not playing this season. If he plays, legit top 5 pick. Now he probably slips to 12 to 15 range. That’s a lot of money left on the table. But I guess if he is legit he will make it up in second contract.

Rousseau being an inconsistent finisher is a huge red flag we fans don’t want to believe. Really unpopular opinion here but that’s a fundamental difference between him and Nesta or Phillips. Nesta is high motor and relentless. Phillips is an insane athlete who is relentless.

Roche is good but I expected more out of him, I’d be surprised if he could play outside linebacker in the NFL but who knows. He’s good but had Rousseau stayed Roche would have had his playing time cut in half easily.

Rousseau better test well at combine.. Interviews he will do well and his measurements will make them happy, but he took season off to workout, he better test thru the roof and be in excellent shape.. He shows up out of shape, that mid first round might tumble
Again Rousseau plays this year and balls out top 5 pick, to much of a risk to hurt freshmen year played last year around dozen games, then takes a year and a half off : Phillips keeps balling and setting himself up nicely :

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I can't see Roche as a LB at the next level - He has flashed this season but been slightly underwhelming last few games.

If only he didn't line up offsides against Clemson!

My thought process with GR is, if his heart wasn't in it to play them he did the right thing sitting out, even if cost him a few millions. I actually don't believe it will, because IF he's the top EDGE prospect in the class he will get picked top 10 easy and I think the "he would be top 5 if he played" is not necessarily true

Advertisement
Back