McGhee Decommits from Tennessee

Advertisement
The staff had to try about a year ago not a month before signing day. They should have been all over McBurrows and he would have been ours.
I don't know that your timeline is correct. Just because the "heat was reportedly turned up" a month ago doesn't mean they weren't recruiting him throughout. They coulda been recruiting that kid since conception and he was never gonna sign here

I get Rumph is the CB coach and has a heavy part in the blame. This is not defending him. It is indefensible at this point. But if someone on my team is not performing, that ultimately falls on me for either not coaching them up or keeping them in that role too long. If Rumph leaves tomorrow, Manny and Baker still need to take a hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix this, because I am not sure that just replacing Rumph is addressing the full problem.
I think Manny will really look at the defensive staff after this year and make the appropriate changes. He almost cleaned house on offensive last year. You have to think he will look to do the same on d.

I think Manny will really look at the defensive staff after this year and make the appropriate changes. He almost cleaned house on offensive last year. You have to think he will look to do the same on d.
I hope so, but it is much easier to fire people you have no allegiance towards. He would be firing guys he has been mentoring for multiple stops on his career ascent.

Live look at Miami’s IT setting up the zoom call

tenor.gif

:6e482c-o::6e482c-o::6e482c-o:

Advertisement
Wiltfong with CB to L$U.

CB’s have a great opportunity to play here, I guess rape culture at L$U while playing behind 5 star CB’s on roster is more appealing!
You forgot the part where an LSU player was racially profiled and Coach O posted a cookiecutter PR "defense" of his player that amounted to victim blaming, and had athletes like Jimmy Butler offended.

Or the part where every program has had COVID issues but Coach O adopted the herd immunity approach to protecting his players.

Strong parenting from the McGhee family. I'm sure your son will be well looked after. /s

The defensive coaches are all his guys except rumph. They all coached with him at other schools and know his system. He isn’t firing them.

Advertisement
I get Rumph is the CB coach and has a heavy part in the blame. This is not defending him. It is indefensible at this point. But if someone on my team is not performing, that ultimately falls on me for either not coaching them up or keeping them in that role too long. If Rumph leaves tomorrow, Manny and Baker still need to take a hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix this, because I am not sure that just replacing Rumph is addressing the full problem.
Extremely on point. Manny is not just letting Rumph handle CB recruiting on his own. There is a recruiting staff behind the scenes that is also involved in this multi-year **** storm of CB recruiting.

Advertisement
I usually don't like the whole promoting from within but if we don't go after T-Rob I wouldn't mind DVD. Young guy, hungry. Clearly has gotten it done behind the scenes on the recruiting trail.
This staff DESPERATELY needs a proven commodity that has the resume to win recruiting battles. We went cheap with every other Def staff member, if we want to be a top 10 team it’s time to start assembling a staff that can get us there

Advertisement
Why DVD? He has no coaching experience. Let's not make this mistake again, again (i.e. Patke, Rumph, etc.). Let's get a proven coach AND recruiter. I'm a fan of DVD but he's far from proven to become a DB coach.

True. I’m just team anybody but Rumph at this point. He can’t get one body. One.

Can we also throw Baker Patke and Banda too. Pretty much the whole defensive staff is not qualified for their position
Why hate on Patke? He's a striker coach and Frierson made huge strides. Also he brought in the best kicker and punter in the country....

I know he's not the flashiest or best recruiter but hes far from our coaching problems.

That being said, let's fire Baker and Rumph.

Advertisement
Back