McCluster announcing tomorrow

Advertisement
Highly doubtful we wouldn't accept his commitment. Harrell was an easy take, it was clear his interest in us was minimal hence the lack of effort.

s.

What about that 4.91 40 he peeled off at Opening (or whatever combine it was)and being a possible safety instead of corner? I am not in total disagreement, that "Central High" badge may have gotten him in...I just don't think he's a lock. Bermudez, ehhh the way he went from "dream offer" to silence about UM tells me they prob told him to wait.

Highly doubtful we wouldn't accept his commitment. Harrell was an easy take, it was clear his interest in us was minimal hence the lack of effort.

Wrong. Only argument you may be able to make would be Cooper. All the other guys the staff would've loved to add.

Not pushing doesn't mean we didn't want them. Not pushing often times means we know we didn't have a good chance and we didn't waste our time. Not saying I disagree with that strategy, but point being they whoop us recruiting and we rarely get top tier players.
They aren’t “kicking our ***” if they’re taking guys we aren’t pushing for. And most of them either weren’t push for or aren’t good so, it doesn’t mean much.

What about that 4.91 40 he peeled off at Opening (or whatever combine it was)and being a possible safety instead of corner? I am not in total disagreement, that "Central High" badge may have gotten him in...I just don't think he's a lock. Bermudez, ehhh the way he went from "dream offer" to silence about UM tells me they prob told him to wait.
Staff didn’t want either.

Advertisement
Growing up and living around the Tampa area and following recruiting, I'd say a large % of Tampa area kids flame out at the college level. I especially don't like the Pinellas county kids. Byron Cowart and George Campbell come to mind in recent memory. There are many more, for sure.
Byron Cowart and George Campbell are from Tampa, Not pinellas county. Pinellas county has Dante Fowler, Ryan Davis, Rodney Adams, Marquez Valdes, the Griffin Twins, Rayshawn Jenkins. Yall just say anything on here

Advertisement
Glad Miami didn't get him, the only problem is they tried pretty hard and COULDN'T get him
This seems to be the issue. It’s not that people are complaining because we lost out on a stud. It’s the concern that IF we were after this kid, with the opportunities we have, that we couldn’t land him and others.

Were we really after this kid? If he’s that slow and we wanted him, that’s also worrisome as far as evaluations go.

Byron Cowart and George Campbell are from Tampa, Not pinellas county. Pinellas county has Dante Fowler, Ryan Davis, Rodney Adams, Marquez Valdes, the Griffin Twins, Rayshawn Jenkins. Yall just say anything on here

Dude I went and watched Campbell down the street from my house in HS

Cowart went to Armwood, which is right outside Tampa off I4

Dude I went and watched Campbell down the street from my house in HS

Cowart went to Armwood, which is right outside Tampa off I4

Im from pinellas county lol

Advertisement
As am I. Still live in Pinellas, Safety Harbor to be exact. Went to watch Campbell and A. Scott play Clearwater back in the day, when they were at East Lake.
From St. Petersburg, the heart of Pine County. Campbell sure, Armwood is definitely not in Pine county. Why dont you like pinellas kids again?

Oh, didn't mean to say Cowart was from Pinellas, but was from the Tampa area. I can see why you might've read it that way though. I just don't think the brand of football around here is anywhere near the S Fl area or even Jville or Orlando and have followed plenty of top rated recruits from here who didn't pan out.

Advertisement
Oh, didn't mean to say Cowart was from Pinellas, but was from the Tampa area. I can see why you might've read it that way though. I just don't think the brand of football around here is anywhere near the S Fl area or even Jville or Orlando and have followed plenty of top rated recruits from here who didn't pan out.
Its cool lol im defensive about our county. In pinellas we're not going to have many good teams but the good ones are loaded with athletes. Im right down the street from lakewood high school, those guys just know what they're doing when it comes to prepping for college.

Its cool lol im defensive about our county. In pinellas we're not going to have many good teams but the good ones are loaded with athletes. Im right down the street from lakewood high school, those guys just know what they're doing when it comes to prepping for college.

I can respect that

Wrong. Only argument you may be able to make would be Cooper. All the other guys the staff would've loved to add.

Not pushing doesn't mean we didn't want them. Not pushing often times means we know we didn't have a good chance and we didn't waste our time. Not saying I disagree with that strategy, but point being they whoop us recruiting and we rarely get top tier players.
I highly doubt we would take either of them at the moment.

Advertisement
Back