McCluster announcing tomorrow

Advertisement
FSU will always recruit well. Willie Taeggart isnt a bad recruiter. Now winning is a different story.
True.

I think we all need to admit that we are not a traditional recruiting power if we don't have heavy bags behind us. Which we don't, unfortunately,

Advertisement
I'm not worried at all about this kid going to FSU. The much more important question is what is our recruiting approach for LBs? Seems like we don't know what we want and are not focused.

Tell me why Patke got promoted again? I'm still waiting to see what he's good at. Certainly not recruiting.

Advertisement
Man FSU kicks our *** on the trail.

For a LB that runs a 5.1? LMFAO ok. Consider our asses kicked then.

A while back someone did an analysis of sparq score and the relationship to actual production on the field. This kids score is down in the "barely a special teamer" range. Its really really bad.

I'm not worried at all about this kid going to FSU. The much more important question is what is our recruiting approach for LBs? Seems like we don't know what we want and are not focused.

Tell me why Patke got promoted again? I'm still waiting to see what he's good at. Certainly not recruiting.
Patke has nothing to do with this. You guys just throw names around for no reason. Baker took over this kid's recruitment when he got here because he is the inside linebacker's coach.

I'm not arguing how they pan out.

Simply mentioning that we pour so many resources and put so much effort into kids that end up stringing us along only to pick FSU. It hurts badly.

This year:
Jalen Harrell, Derek Bermudez & Jayion McCluster

Last Year: (They were a shiitshow and still kicked out ***)
Dent, Lucas, Gant, Fuller, Travis, Green & Mo Smith, Washington

2018 Class:
Samuel Jr, Cooper, Peters(had he qualified), Briggs, Gainer, Meadows, Goss, Chapman

I mean that is flat out embarrassing. Sure you can try and argue we didn't go after every one of those kids with the same energy but no doubt about it we would've taken every single one of those guys.

That is a LONGGG list

LB recruiting as we see, doesn’t really factor as heavy into what we do. McCloud was a stud 4 star and he barely plays. We’re going to use Strikers more and more so we don’t really need to recruit LB like that. If you look at our Striker board, you will see 3-4 players.

Advertisement

Simply mentioning that we pour so many resources and put so much effort into kids that end up stringing us along only to pick FSU. It hurts badly.

This year:

2018 Class:
Samuel Jr, Cooper, Peters(had he qualified), Briggs, Gainer, Meadows, Goss, Chapman

I mean that is flat out embarrassing. Sure you can try and argue we didn't go after every one of those kids with the same energy but no doubt about it we would've taken every single one of those guys.

That is a LONGGG list
Staff never pushed for quite a few guys on those lists, but I get what you’re saying.

Besides Campbell surtain and stevenson who did we miss out on that was "elite"

Bogle? I think Harvey is an upgrade especially when you consider bogle was hurt and a tweener.

Solomon was good not elite even though we could use him now but for the most part we got who we wanted and even found gems along the way.

I used to be critical but now that i know we have coaches who can actually develop talent and not just recruit them i dont worry as much.

And this year we only had one guy arrive for spring on the defense wait until the rest arrive were going to be alright.

However i do agree we need to step it up at lb'er even if Derrick Smith has to make a move there.

We are thin at LB with a head coach who coached lbers before he got the job... we are thin and unproven in the secondary with the #1 pass defense in America.. That makes no sense.

Some of who we’ve missed on: Jobe, Sorrells, Rion Davis, Ingraham, Tyler Davis, Eaford, Battle, Dent, Elam, MAR, Chatfield, Chatman. Should I continue?

Plenty of reason why these guys didn’t sign here, but if we had better recruiters we would’ve had a real shot at at least most of them

This year:

2018 Class:

That is a LONGGG list

I don't think we were accepting Bermudez commitment (we were mentioning striker to him outta the blue), and I'm 50/50 on whether we would have taken Harrell.

Advertisement
I don't think we were accepting Bermudez commitment (we were mentioning striker to him outta the blue), and I'm 50/50 on whether we would have taken Harrell.
Basically could take off Harrell, Bermudez, Cooper, Travis, Meadows. Good thing we didn’t get a few from 17-18 because they aren’t good and haven’t proven anything.

This year:

2018 Class:

That is a LONGGG list

We basically recruit most of the same players so you want to compile a list of guys we got over them?

LB recruiting as we see, doesn’t really factor as heavy into what we do. McCloud was a stud 4 star and he barely plays. We’re going to use Strikers more and more so we don’t really need to recruit LB like that. If you look at our Striker board, you will see 3-4 players.

Disagree. You might be saying that now bc Shaq and Pinck have manned them for so long but LB is still super important. If those guys don’t clean up behind the Dline shooting gaps our run D gets gashed. Our LBs play major role blitzing as well.

McCloud never hit the ceiling we expected. That’s why he doesn’t play, not bc the position isn’t important.

Highly doubtful we wouldn't accept his commitment. Harrell was an easy take, it was clear his interest in us was minimal hence the lack of effort.
Basically could take off Harrell, Bermudez, Cooper, Travis, Meadows. Good thing we didn’t get a few from 17-18 because they aren’t good and haven’t proven anything.
Wrong. Only argument you may be able to make would be Cooper. All the other guys the staff would've loved to add.
Staff never pushed for quite a few guys on those lists, but I get what you’re saying.
Not pushing doesn't mean we didn't want them. Not pushing often times means we know we didn't have a good chance and we didn't waste our time. Not saying I disagree with that strategy, but point being they whoop us recruiting and we rarely get top tier players.

Advertisement
Back