McCluster announcing tomorrow

Advertisement

Get Chaney isolated on this kid all day.

We dodged a bullet here.

200.gif

Get Chaney isolated on this kid all day.

Advertisement
I would have rather have a 4 star LB who has speed and can hit. We don't have to chose either or. Recruitment at the LB needs to get better period

Agreed, but this kid is not an ideal fit. I thought it was an exaggeration to say he's slow, but a 5.1 40? Yikes. That is terrible.

Advertisement
If we miss out on a elite athlete be mad, look at his measurables
View attachment 84432

You think he's going to be able to add weight and get faster and be more explosive? If he can, credit to him and I will take the L, but be mad about something else

The 40 is scary. But the shuttle is terrifying IMO. That simply won't fly as a LB at Miami.

His tape is solid, but a lot of guys have solid tape. I think many were overly enamored with the fact that he had 4 stars listed under his name on his 247 profile

A
I'm not mad we lost McCluster. I'm mad he played our whole staff when he's been an FSU lean forever, got us to offer his brother, got us to offer his best friend/package deal in Mathis (who doesn't have FSU in his top 3), and also got us to offer other kids in the area. This is part of recruiting and at least we found in May and not signing day like the lakeland duo.
I don’t think it’s that hard to offer a dude.
Unless your close to the staff no one knows what cards are being played and what is a real offer or not. Let’s say this dude was the real deal. Numbers say he’s isn’t and isn’t by a lot. But let’s entertain that thought. We didn’t find out about him not choosing us a week or a month before signing day And that has problem that has plagued cmr’s staff since he got here. We actually have better dudes on our board imo and we still have time to get him.

Advertisement
Are we really complaining about losing out on a LB that runs a 5.1? Yes, you can get faster through S&C, but this kid would've had to make serious leaps in training to get at a respectable level. If you're slow as a LB, what's the point?

Advertisement
If we miss out on a elite athlete be mad, look at his measurables
View attachment 84432

You think he's going to be able to add weight and get faster and be more explosive? If he can, credit to him and I will take the L, but be mad about something else

You can’t recruit LBs with those stats, not at Miami. Not for this style of defense. Not with the athletes we should be able to pull from.

Advertisement
Back