McCluster announcing tomorrow

WT actual F did I just watch? Is this a kid we were after? If so I question our staff's recruiting ability. This kid looks slow as **** in individuals and got beat on literally every single 1 on 1 drill.

WOW! If anyone didnt watch the whole tape go back and check out the 1 on 1s. Add that performance to his test numbers and we definitely dodged a bullet.
Im hoping the staff was one step ahead and baited FSU into offering. Thats the only good explanation on why we were recruiting him.

Advertisement
It's May...
This. Calm down. We win 10 games and they will come. Please don’t forget we got two stud frosh LBs coming in the fall. Joyner is back at LB also. This kid is like a poor man’s Joyner. Bottom line there’s no way a kid with a 5 something 40 and a 60 something sparq does anything but ride pine next season. It’s not that thin of a position...FSU QB’s ahem.

Advertisement
This. Calm down. We win 10 games and they will come. Please don’t forget we got two stud frosh LBs coming in the fall. Joyner is back at LB also. This kid is like a poor man’s Joyner. Bottom line there’s no way a kid with a 5 something 40 and a 60 something sparq does anything but ride pine next season. It’s not that thin of a position...FSU QB’s ahem.

Lol y'all say the same things every year. Guess it doesn't get tiring

Stop telling lies, see coach rumph and coach banda, been doing work since they got here, plus what exactly does "recruit with the big boys" mean, when you coached the #1 pass defense in the nation, that's all that matters!

I never said a word about their coaching, but it’s a fact we’ve been out recruited on the defensive side of the ball for over a decade and now it hasn’t changed since they got here

Advertisement
Doesn't seem like we have a Field or Hickson on the defensive side of the ball. Rumph has the most potential of anyone on D to be that ace recruiter though. Then we have Cooney who is a great recruiter but he's sort of behind the scenes. Wouldn't be surprised if a few definsive coaches leave for other jobs next year. It will be a case of them more so being forced to leave rather than them wanting to.

Banda will be here as long an Manny is. Rumph is a great coach but IMO we missed a huge opportunity to get a stud recruiter on defense and Manny decided to rely on coaching and development along with the continuity

I never said a word about their coaching, but it’s a fact we’ve been out recruited on the defensive side of the ball for over a decade and now it hasn’t changed since they got here

I dont think we got outrecruited these last 2-3 years. We actually did well in all three parts recently if it wasnt for injuries to the 2017 lb class (wilder steed jennings) id say **** near elite we ugraded the whole defensive roster. Not a lot of jags like tie guy and crew.

I dont think we got outrecruited these last 2-3 years. We actually did well in all three parts recently if it wasnt for injuries to the 2017 lb class (wilder steed jennings) id say **** near elite we ugraded the whole defensive roster. Not a lot of jags like tie guy and crew.

We did a decent job but missed on too many of the “elite guys” we targeted. I know those kids got paid, but I’m just pointing out a fact. I never said it was fair and that they weren’t up against a lot of factors, that’s just how it is

Advertisement
We did a decent job but missed on too many of the “elite guys” we targeted. I know those kids got paid, but I’m just pointing out a fact. I never said it was fair and that they weren’t up against a lot of factors, that’s just how it is

Besides Campbell surtain and stevenson who did we miss out on that was "elite"

Bogle? I think Harvey is an upgrade especially when you consider bogle was hurt and a tweener.

Solomon was good not elite even though we could use him now but for the most part we got who we wanted and even found gems along the way.

I used to be critical but now that i know we have coaches who can actually develop talent and not just recruit them i dont worry as much.

And this year we only had one guy arrive for spring on the defense wait until the rest arrive were going to be alright.

However i do agree we need to step it up at lb'er even if Derrick Smith has to make a move there.

Besides Campbell surtain and stevenson who did we miss out on that was "elite"

Bogle? I think Harvey is an upgrade especially when you consider bogle was hurt and a tweener.

Solomon was good not elite even though we could use him now but for the most part we got who we wanted and even found gems along the way.

I used to be critical but now that i know we have coaches who can actually develop talent and not just recruit them i dont worry as much.

And this year we only had one guy arrive for spring on the defense wait until the rest arrive were going to be alright.

However i do agree we need to step it up at lb'er even if Derrick Smith has to make a move there.

I like that idea. Smith should be playing LB. He’s stiff for a safety. There’s plenty of talent at safety in this class, too. It’s at least a decent option

Advertisement
Tampa kids are scared to come to Miami.

Growing up and living around the Tampa area and following recruiting, I'd say a large % of Tampa area kids flame out at the college level. I especially don't like the Pinellas county kids. Byron Cowart and George Campbell come to mind in recent memory. There are many more, for sure.

Advertisement
Back