McCluster announcing tomorrow

Advertisement
All the time... because we are recruiting against in state rivals... they lose battles against us just as much as we do. The difference is that those players don’t resonate with fans because it wasn’t a lost recruiting battle, it just registers as a recruit that committed, but we aren’t necessarily exposed to the fact that FSU or UF lost those particular battles.

For every Asante Samuel there is a Avery Huff.
Good point. It’s just human nature, though, to think that everyone else is a fool.

A perfect example is the shift in baseball. The one time per game a guy breaks his bat and the ball rolls into left field right by where the ss normally plays - 6,000 block heads start screaming about what an idiot the coach is. But the 2x/game 2b catches a frozen rope in right center... crickets.

People conveniently remember the “bad” outcome simply because it gives them something to talk about.

Manny will get his.

Disagree. You might be saying that now bc Shaq and Pinck have manned them for so long but LB is still super important. If those guys don’t clean up behind the Dline shooting gaps our run D gets gashed. Our LBs play major role blitzing as well.

McCloud never hit the ceiling we expected. That’s why he doesn’t play, not bc the position isn’t important.
It’s fine to disagree but the facts are Shaq and Pick played majority of all LB snaps.. since 2016. We see the Striker more and more a priority in our recruiting. The LBs that were backups were Smith, Jennings, Wilder, and Sneed. All gone now possibly. Huff and Brooks will be counted on now. Then two more to back them up with Joyner added. We will see more Finley, Gil, and Keontra. It’s clear as day. That’s why the Striker is bigger than a safety, to fill the LB role vs the run. It’s allowing us to have faster defenses without giving up that much against the run. It’s the future bro, we’re ahead of the game.

Its cool lol im defensive about our county. In pinellas we're not going to have many good teams but the good ones are loaded with athletes. Im right down the street from lakewood high school, those guys just know what they're doing when it comes to prepping for college.
I grow up over there. I was was zoned for Bogie tho. Cousins went to Lakewood tho.

Advertisement
It shows his highlights, I guarantee with those times he was getting burnt in coverage and even with an angle on a RB was getting out run to the edge. This is D1 college ball not ******* high school where majority of RBs and WRs are running 4.8-4.7 40.

You can’t guarantee ****...kid could’ve been injured or even recovering from an injury & just wanted to challenge himself anyway at the camp. I’m not talking about highlights fool...kid never comes off the field...a real dog & reads his keys so well to find the ball.

People like you are so stupid it’s ridiculous...I’m so tired of you morons on this board.

Last edited:
I know being a negative dude is your shtick, but you couldn't be more wrong.
Nah im just capable of looking at things objectively.

Its no wonder why people think that Miami has the most delusional fan base & it’s because its true.

Advertisement
Nah im just capable of looking at things objectively.

Its no wonder why people think that Miami has the most delusional fan base & it’s because its true.
Yet FSU is kicking our *** on the trail by landing Derek Bermudez and Jalen Harrell this year. Super objective.

I've 100% seen the striker in our defense have man responsibilities. Thanks for the football quiz.

Name the games and the plays..bc I said hardly ever for a reason.

Yeah & smith who struggle in zone playing traditional safety are being asked to play man2man at a position that’s essentially a box Safety/OLB position.

Yeah show me the games & the plays on our defense where this has happened..

I’ll wait

Advertisement
I never said a word about their coaching, but it’s a fact we’ve been out recruited on the defensive side of the ball for over a decade and now it hasn’t changed since they got here

You said "our defensive staff" you didnt say with the exception of coach rumph or banda, therefore you included them sir. And what do you mean we've been "out recruited" since they got here, lol, all teams miss on players, who had the #1 pass defense in the nation, wake up to reality, and dont be a star *****, wait until you see actual play on the field, class and player rankings mean nothing!

Name the games and the plays..bc I said hardly ever for a reason.

Point taken. I literally just watched Finley in man coverage against BC on a play he made a play on. I can concede that this isn't the primary responsibility, but even then is McCluster going to be able to make plays in space?

You said "our defensive staff" you didnt say with the exception of coach rumph or banda, therefore you included them sir. And what do you mean we've been "out recruited" since they got here, lol, all teams miss on players, who had the #1 pass defense in the nation, wake up to reality, and dont be a star *****, wait until you see actual play on the field, class and player rankings mean nothing!

The idea that class and player rankings mean nothing is idiotic. It goes against every correlation study we have between stars and success.

I just don't see how anybody can say defensive recruiting is fine? We are thin at almost every position. We took a transfer at DE, DT, S, and appear to be looking at one at CB. That's not normal.

Everybody concedes that the top end talent is fine. The problem is we aren't hitting on enough for depth. Basically, our staff gets beat far too often on the trail. But because there is so much talent in the area, even a low success rate is going to allow you to land *some* elite talent. Just not enough. So on the transfer market we live.

Advertisement
The idea that class and player rankings mean nothing is idiotic. It goes against every correlation study we have between stars and success.

I just don't see how anybody can say deonfensive recruiting is fine? We are thin at almost every position. We took a transfer at DE, DT, S, and appear to be looking at e at CB. That's not normal.

Everybody concedes that the top end talent is fine. The problem is we aren't hitting on enough for depth. Basically, our staff gets beat far too often on the trail. But because there is so much talent in the area, even a low success rate is going to allow you to land *some* elite talent. Just not enough. So on the transfer market we live.

These dudes have their head int he sand.

Like for the last 5 years we have been sending this dude to the homes of graduate transfer cbs.

Advertisement
Back