McCluster announcing tomorrow

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you on free base? Meth? What is it? Stop trying to educate me on Hudl or anything football related. He doesn’t need str8 line 40 speed when he’s side to sideline like a got **** boss. Reading & diagnosing his keys to find the ball like a Boss. You’re clueless.

You’re basing this ballers potential on one nike camp that you don’t know if he was even hurt at? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 & then using it to project his potential.

I know coach Woodie personally...stfu about their plans for him bc you don’t know WTF you’re talking about. Clown

Not to distract from this wonderful back and forth, but does anyone still free base? I remember people blowing themselves up back in 70’s and 80’s but don’t hear about that much any more.

The idea that class and player rankings mean nothing is idiotic. It goes against every correlation study we have between stars and success.

I just don't see how anybody can say defensive recruiting is fine? We are thin at almost every position. We took a transfer at DE, DT, S, and appear to be looking at one at CB. That's not normal.

Everybody concedes that the top end talent is fine. The problem is we aren't hitting on enough for depth. Basically, our staff gets beat far too often on the trail. But because there is so much talent in the area, even a low success rate is going to allow you to land *some* elite talent. Just not enough. So on the transfer market we live.

What's idiotic is people who believe in the class and player ranking systems so much so, that they'll call a so called "5 star" athlete who doesnt play well a bust and a so called "2 star" athlete who dominates a player that has out played his ranking, but are to blind to see that NO, how bout somebody got their evals wrong. The problem with most, they cant even see the game or reality without connecting a player to a star or class system. The only people correlating class rankings and star ranking are non-football minds:

And Coach diaz disagrees with you:
I’m not going to sit here and try to beat our chest and say, ‘Hey, our class should be ranked here,’ because to be honest, when we kick off in August, nobody will care,” he said. “It really doesn’t matter.”

I included them in average at best recruiting bc theyve been average at best. I don’t think you’re understanding what I am saying. If we have the #1 pass D in America why can’t we sign the top db’s in South Florida every year? We have below average recruiters. That doesn’t mean they can’t coach, it means they can’t sell.

You not understanding what im saying and reality, what are you basing top db's off of, if you got the #1 pass defense in the country, obviously the guys we needed were already here. Nobody's top nothing until they actually start playing games and putting up consistently strong stats in real games. You still stuck on star rankings and not reality. Dont be one of those guys who went crazy cause that db christians williams from Bama signed here, articles coming out, people talking about finally and this and that, all this for a so called "4 star" recruit, and when the question was asked, what's the difference between that "4 star" recruit and all the other "4 star" recruits coach rumph been signing, here's the answer we got:

Advertisement
What's idiotic is people who believe in the class and player ranking systems so much so, that they'll call a so called "5 star" athlete who doesnt play well a bust and a so called "2 star" athlete who dominates a player that has out played his ranking, but are to blind to see that NO, how bout somebody got their evals wrong. The problem with most, they cant even see the game or reality without connecting a player to a star or class system. The only people correlating class rankings and star ranking are non-football minds:

I’m not going to sit here and try to beat our chest and say, ‘Hey, our class should be ranked here,’ because to be honest, when we kick off in August, nobody will care,” he said. “It really doesn’t matter.”

That’s what every coach says. There isn’t any coach that *literally* goes by the Star Ranking. But so what? Nobody is arguing they do.

The really odd thing from people defending the staff’s defensive recruiting by pointing to the star system, is that even by whatever measure you want to point to, defensive recruiting has been subpar.

It would be one thing if the staff has been targeting all these under the radar 3* players and landing them. Then one can say, “don’t worry about the stars. The staff sees these guys as studs and are getting the players they prioritize.”

But they aren’t doing that. They aren’t signing anybody. They are missing out on the players they prioritize (which just happen to be 4* guys oddly enough) and then eating the scholarship and hoping to do better the next cycle.

That’s why we are so thin across so many positions. Regardless of 3* or 4* or 5*, whomever the staff is assigning “stud” to, they are missing on too high a rate.

The really odd thing from people defending the staff’s defensive recruiting by pointing to the star system, is that even by whatever measure you want to point to, defensive recruiting has been subpar.

It would be one thing if the staff has been targeting all these under the radar 3* players and landing them. Then one can say, “don’t worry about the stars. The staff sees these guys as studs and are getting the players they prioritize.”

But they aren’t doing that. They aren’t signing anybody. They are missing out on the players they prioritize (which just happen to be 4* guys oddly enough) and then eating the scholarship and hoping to do better the next cycle.

That’s why we are so thin across so many positions. Regardless of 3* or 4* or 5*, whomever the staff is assigning “stud” to, they are missing on too high a rate.

^^^This. Forget player and class rankings, if you are constantly having to reach for Grad Transfers at the same positions there is something wrong. You can be the best developers in all of football but you need players on the roster if you are going to develop them.

You not understanding what im saying and reality, what are you basing top db's off of, if you got the #1 pass defense in the country, obviously the guys we needed were already here. Nobody's top nothing until they actually start playing games and putting up consistently strong stats in real games. You still stuck on star rankings and not reality. Dont be one of those guys who went crazy cause that db christians williams from Bama signed here, articles coming out, people talking about finally and this and that, all this for a so called "4 star" recruit, and when the question was asked, what's the difference between that "4 star" recruit and all the other "4 star" recruits coach rumph been signing, here's the answer we got:

You are basing this on the logic that the coaches targeted these kids bc they were higher ranked by the star system. The fact is the coaches went after those kids first bc they were better players. You can excuse it by saying “Star *****” all you want but the coaches wanted the kids more than the ones they signed, they just missed and missed and missed and missed

Advertisement
The bottom line for our recruiting to improve is the reality of modern CFB in that " If you pay, recruits will play." We will always be able to recruit some die hard Miami fans from the local HS's to play for UM. And possibly pull some stud out of state players like Brevin Jordan, but if we don't start paying, we are never going to build a CFB Playoff caliber roster. Sad but true.

That’s what every coach says. There isn’t any coach that *literally* goes by the Star Ranking. But so what? Nobody is arguing they do.

Not all coaches talk like that, the no nothing reporters in Miami are the main ones who keep asking and writing about star and class rankings to whoever the headcoach is. Coach richt didnt care, and coach diaz dont care! You are incorrect, the penn disgrace morons definitely went by them the best the could and skelator after butch davis!

You are basing this on the logic that the coaches targeted these kids bc they were higher ranked by the star system. The fact is the coaches went after those kids first bc they were better players. You can excuse it by saying “Star *****” all you want but the coaches wanted the kids more than the ones they signed, they just missed and missed and missed and missed

Maybe it had more to do with who he coached and knowing them from an early age, so of course they were going to be sought after, at the same time, coach rumph said it before, he's happy with who we have in our room! So keep lusting after guys who signed elsewhere, as for me, ill just continue to respect the ones who actually sign.

Advertisement

Exactly. It just so happens that recruiting gurus and coaches largely agree today on whom the top players are.
That's why we aren't taking a bunch of 3* players under Richt or Diaz. Richt and Diaz don't believe these 3* players are worth offering.

Maybe it had more to do with who he coached and knowing them from an early age, so of course they were going to be sought after, at the same time, coach rumph said it before, he's happy with who we have in our room! So keep lusting after guys who signed elsewhere, as for me, ill just continue to respect the ones who actually sign.

I’m not mad about who we have in our position rooms, just stating my opinion which was backed up by all the misses

How about a wager....

We each pick 20 recruits, class of 2020. In 4 years, we’ll revisit our lists and see whose has the most players drafted.

I will take 20 random 5* recruits.

You can hand pick your 20 favorite 2* recruits.

You in? Keep in mind that I am in no way qualified to evaluate recruits. So, with you’re expertise, you should easily win.

Don’t bother. Dude will suck you into a bottomless pit of insanity.

Advertisement
Back