McCluster announcing tomorrow

Maybe it had more to do with who he coached and knowing them from an early age, so of course they were going to be sought after, at the same time, coach rumph said it before, he's happy with who we have in our room! So keep lusting after guys who signed elsewhere, as for me, ill just continue to respect the ones who actually sign.

I’m not mad about who we have in our position rooms, just stating my opinion which was backed up by all the misses

We didnt miss being the #1 pass defense in the nation so coach rumph, banda and me are straight!

Advertisement
How about a wager....

We each pick 20 recruits, class of 2020. In 4 years, we’ll revisit our lists and see whose has the most players drafted.

I will take 20 random 5* recruits.

You can hand pick your 20 favorite 2* recruits.

You in? Keep in mind that I am in no way qualified to evaluate recruits. So, with you’re expertise, you should easily win.

Go see the avg "star ranked" player from the past superbowl, if you just try to give away money, you can just had it over now!

Go see the avg "star ranked" player from the past superbowl, if you just try to give away money, you can just had it over now!
Avg was something like 3.5 I believe. Yes, I know, math wasn’t your favorite subject.

Ok, so you don’t think you can win that bet. Fair enough, you’re correct..... You wouldn’t. So I’ll make it easier:

I will pick 10 random 5* recruits.

You can pick 20 of your favorite 2* recruits.

Whoever gets the most drafted players wins. There’s exponentially more 2* players than 5* players. And you get twice as many players to possibly get drafted. With your exceptional evaluating skills, I’m surprised your not more confident.

Avg was something like 3.5 I believe. Yes, I know, math wasn’t your favorite subject.

Ok, so you don’t think you can win that bet. Fair enough, you’re correct..... You wouldn’t. So I’ll make it easier:

Whoever gets the most drafted players wins. There’s exponentially more 2* players than 5* players. And you get twice as many players to possibly get drafted. With your exceptional evaluating skills, I’m surprised your not more confident.

I dont star gaze i player gaze!

Advertisement
I dont star gaze i player gaze!
I honestly don’t know Anything about recruiting. I have no idea what 15 year old kid is gonna be the next big thing. I couldn’t tell you the name of a single elite recruit... unless I happen to see his name here. But I am smart enough to be able to take a half hour and do some research, and low and behold there’s overwhelming evidence stars do matter. And you know it too.

So Just quit it with the “stars don’t matter” fantasy, which I now know you don’t believe. Not sure why you make it such a point to spout nonsense that you very obviously know is nonsense.

I still agree w u on rumph and Banda.

I honestly don’t know Anything about recruiting. I have no idea what 15 year old kid is gonna be the next big thing. I couldn’t tell you the name of a single elite recruit... unless I happen to see his name here. But I am smart enough to be able to take a half hour and do some research, and low and behold there’s overwhelming evidence stars do matter. And you know it too.

So Just quit it with the “stars don’t matter” fantasy, which I now know you don’t believe. Not sure why you make it such a point to spout nonsense that you very obviously know is nonsense.

They don't matter at the highest level of football..why do you think that is?? Let me guess..you think that's a mere coincidence..huh? They don't matter at the highest level of football because at that level the players are much more evenly matched across the board. Far too much statistical variance exists in college to ever be able to make a fair comparison or perform an accurate analysis. If you're truly interested in knowing the difference between a 5* player and a 2* player..you have to at least compare apples to apples or NFL caliber talent with other NFL caliber talent. For example...Clelin Ferrell vs Khalil Mack.

You finally admitting you dont know, which is why the stars matter to you, the question you have to ask yourself, what self respecting coach is going to believe some nerd recruiting sites know more about who can play football and who cant than more than him. That might be how these new young coaches get down, but any coach over 40 with sense dont worry about that nonsense or class rankings!

You finally admitting you dont know, which is why the stars matter to you, the question you have to ask yourself, what self respecting coach is going to believe some nerd recruiting sites know more about who can play football and who cant than more than him. That might be how these new young coaches get down, but any coach over 40 with sense dont worry about that nonsense or class rankings!
Do you end EVERY sentence with an exclamation point?!

Advertisement

I love it when people bring up 2 and 3 star players existing in the NFL more than 5 star players. That's because every cycle there's only about 25ish 5 star players, which of course, some obviously don't pan out at the collegiate level. There's hundreds of 2 and 3 star players, so of course more of them will be in the NFL than 5 stars.

I love it when people bring up 2 and 3 star players existing in the NFL more than 5 star players. That's because every cycle there's only about 25ish 5 star players, which of course, some obviously don't pan out at the collegiate level. There's hundreds of 2 and 3 star players, so of course more of them will be in the NFL than 5 stars.
Yup. They should also take a look at the percentage of each star level that gets drafted. There are so few 5 stars that they will always win out but for good reason. Stars matter but there are always outliers like Zion Nelson.

Last edited:
Name the games and the plays..bc I said hardly ever for a reason.

Yeah & smith who struggle in zone playing traditional safety are being asked to play man2man at a position that’s essentially a box Safety/OLB position.

Yeah show me the games & the plays on our defense where this has happened..

I’ll wait
Romeo Finley was actually great playing man. Play that stands out to me is his coverage of that seem route in the LSU game.

The bottom line for our recruiting to improve is the reality of modern CFB in that " If you pay, recruits will play." We will always be able to recruit some die hard Miami fans from the local HS's to play for UM. And possibly pull some stud out of state players like Brevin Jordan, but if we don't start paying, we are never going to build a CFB Playoff caliber roster. Sad but true.

Paying is all but to a point, imo. First off, I’m of the belief that recruiting is shady as ****. I believe all teams blur the lines a bit, while others habitually cross it or create new lines. But I want everyone to take a step back really quick and ask urself, what is Miami truly selling? Let’s be real, we can’t and could never provide the incentives other programs could. Even in the 80’s; whatever booster we had to try to help w u recruiting would be considered peanuts compared to others. ****, u had SMU w oil tycoons in their back yard delivering checks w no issues. Yet, we were still successful & getting recruits to come here across the country.

So what’s the real problem? We’re offering a hope and dream...and that’s y we start out the gates so fast. We’re offering our legacy and being dubbed NFLU for so many years. We’re offering ESPN’s 30/30. And THEEEEEEEEN, the season starts. And THEEEEEEEN, the NFL draft airs. Those hopes become sour grapes of deception. And THEEEEEEEN, we see all the decommitments flood our classes.

We gotta make good on these hopes & promises; b/c til then, it’ll all be just fluff talk which won’t attract anyone. Our classes will become elite, not just very good, good or average, but elite (Top 7) again when we win and produce 1st rounders again.

Advertisement
The linebacker position is not in that bad of shape. We will get 2 or 3 in this class. It’s only two linebacker positions now so we are not going to have 4 linebackers in one class. We don’t need linebackers that run a 5.14 forty with a 69 SPARQ rating... linebackers playing at FAMU can put up better numbers.

The linebacker position is not in the bad of shape. We will get 2 or 3 in this class. It’s only two linebacker positions now so we are not going to have 4 linebackers in one class. We don’t need linebackers that run a 5.14 forty with a 69 SPARQ rating... linebackers playing at FAMU can put up better numbers.
Agree 100% and also we don't want to take too many in 2020 since 2021's LBs are stacked and talented.

They don't matter at the highest level of football..why do you think that is?? Let me guess..you think that's a mere coincidence..huh? They don't matter at the highest level of football because at that level the players are much more evenly matched across the board. Far too much statistical variance exists in college to ever be able to make a fair comparison or perform an accurate analysis. If you're truly interested in knowing the difference between a 5* player and a 2* player..you have to at least compare apples to apples or NFL caliber talent with other NFL caliber talent. For example...Clelin Ferrell vs Khalil Mack.
All the stars are doing is stratifying players. And the system works. There’s a reason all these 5* kids are also the ones w an offer from all the elite teams. And there’s a reason the elite teams are the elite teams. It’s not meant to project if a player is gonna be a NFL HOF guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For a LB that runs a 5.1? LMFAO ok. Consider our asses kicked then.

A while back someone did an analysis of sparq score and the relationship to actual production on the field. This kids score is down in the "barely a special teamer" range. Its really really bad.
Yeah. His camp video just shows a guy with no explosion, and I'm not an expert at evaluating players. He really seems to have a problem adjusting to the quicker athletes, will get beat by very talented RBs and WRs. He seems like somebody an OC will want to pick on. Unfortunately for us, he might not get to play much other than on special teams.

Dude cmon. I’ve said from day one I don’t follow recruiting. Stop changing the argument.

Also, Who said coaches don’t evaluate players on their own? And who said they listen to recruiting services? You’re making things up.

The FACT is that recruiting services are accurate, and coaches evaluations largely line up with the players’ star ranking. Every year, the players w the most stars also happen to be the ones coveted by the elite coaches. It’s not because coaches use the recruiting service. It’s because the coaches evaluations mirror the recruiting services evals. Their is no denying this. Do yourself a favor too, don’t bother throwing out the outliers.

Also... kinda funny for a guy who claims to evaluate recruits on his own to be calling the people who evaluate recruits for a service nerds.

Paying is all but to a point, imo. First off, I’m of the belief that recruiting is shady as ****. I believe all teams blur the lines a bit, while others habitually cross it or create new lines. But I want everyone to take a step back really quick and ask urself, what is Miami truly selling? Let’s be real, we can’t and could never provide the incentives other programs could. Even in the 80’s; whatever booster we had to try to help w u recruiting would be considered peanuts compared to others. ****, u had SMU w oil tycoons in their back yard delivering checks w no issues. Yet, we were still successful & getting recruits to come here across the country.

So what’s the real problem? We’re offering a hope and dream...and that’s y we start out the gates so fast. We’re offering our legacy and being dubbed NFLU for so many years. We’re offering ESPN’s 30/30. And THEEEEEEEEN, the season starts. And THEEEEEEEN, the NFL draft airs. Those hopes become sour grapes of deception. And THEEEEEEEN, we see all the decommitments flood our classes.

We gotta make good on these hopes & promises; b/c til then, it’ll all be just fluff talk which won’t attract anyone. Our classes will become elite, not just very good, good or average, but elite (Top 7) again when we win and produce 1st rounders again.

I think the portal makes it so Miami can get on a level playing field with the bag droppers. Dont have to buy 5 stars because they are going to want to transfer to Miami if they don't get PT elsewhere. Already paid, so it becomes a question of where to have fun and raise their profile. No better place than Miami. Wasn't the case before. Think about Clemson, Bama, and UGA. All had top tier talent look for greener pastures. I think if Martell had not come, Miami would have ended up with Hurts.

Advertisement
Back