Maybe Jagr is onto something....

You guys need to look up the concept of “anecdotal evidence”, and then remind yourselves that P5 football in Florida is losing 10-15 games every single year while two elite coaches got out of here as quick as they could.

Advertisement
The strongest/toughest part of our team right now is the defense, which is made-up almost entirely of Florida kids.

On offense we've got a Quarterback from Alabama who's half retarded.
A 6'5" WR from Maryland who's a paper tiger.
A 6'6" WR from Jersey who can't even get on the field because he plays small.
And Out-of-state O-Linemen who get pushed around.

WTF are you dummies talking about?

And no Florida kids can take their spots.

JJ, Howard, Dennis, and Butch understand you dont win with florida kids on the OL and at QB.

Here are the South Florida OL we've signed since 2007. NFL players are in bold:

Brandon Linder (NFL)
Jon Feliciano (NFL)
Orlando Franklin (NFL)
Danny Isidora (NFL)
Ereck Flowers (NFL)
Brandon Washington (NFL)

Shane McDermott (All-ACC First Team)
Kc McDermott
Trevor Darling
Navaughn Donaldson
Delone Scaife
Corey Gaynor
Kai-Leon Herbert
Ben Jones
Nick Linder
Jermaine Johnson
Jared Wheeler
Jermaine Barton

Meanwhile, here are the OL we've signed from outside South Florida. One of the worst lists you will ever see:

Seantrel Henderson (NFL)
Harland Gunn (NFL)

Jahair Jones
Hayden Mahoney
Bar Milo
Brendan Loftus
Tyree St. Louis
Zalontae Hillary
Zach Dykstra
Tyler Gauthier
Andrew Tallman
Tavadis Glenn
Cleveland Reed
John Campbell
Tyler Horn
Malcolm Bunche
Taylor Gadbois
Stephen Plein
Cory White
Sonny Odogwu
Hunter Knighton
Tre Johnson
Alex Gall

But yeah, South Florida OL are our problem. As for QBs, we picked Malik Rosier (Alabama) while other teams had Lamar Jackson (Ravens), Mike White (Cowboys), Winky Flowers, Tyler Huntley and more. Great deal for us.

A lot kids want status, winning is secondary.
They want to be recruited and worshipped and playing football gives them that.
They transfer to a few of the powerhouse schools where they can out talent most of their schedule.
They never need to learn how to play and compete. Their coaches teach the receivers 5 routes. The OL is taught an abstraction of zone blocking. QBs are taught to make one read per play.

Kids get to college and have to learn everything. They have no baseline for the game.

Advertisement
Just for perspective, UM has four South Florida OL who started in the NFL this year. Alabama’s entire program has six NFL starters.

And one of our local guys (Linder) is better and higher paid than any Bama OL.

The strongest/toughest part of our team right now is the defense, which is made-up almost entirely of Florida kids.

On offense we've got a Quarterback from Alabama who's half retarded.
A 6'5" WR from Maryland who's a paper tiger.
A 6'6" WR from Jersey who can't even get on the field because he plays small.
And Out-of-state O-Linemen who get pushed around.

WTF are you dummies talking about?
Please continue to speak the truth. This board needs someone who tells it how it is.

Worst players on the team that are seeing the field:

Rosier
Perry
Jones
Mahoney
Gauthier
CAGER

Advertisement
And the best player on offense is from Missouri.................

I'm not necessarily buying what Mario Lemieux is selling here but I also wouldn't lose ANY sleep if I heard that all of a sudden we were only recruiting out of state QBs and O-linemen AND were using multiple scholarships a year on kickers and punters.

I'm not necessarily buying what Mario Lemieux is selling here but I also wouldn't lose ANY sleep if I heard that all of a sudden we were only recruiting out of state QBs and O-linemen AND were using multiple scholarships a year on kickers and punters.

We have an OOS QB starting right now. And the OOS OL that start for us are Mahoney and Jahair Jones.

We have an OOS QB starting right now. And the OOS OL that start for us are Mahoney and Jahair Jones.

I'm aware. I'm just saying that in a pretend hypothetical world that going the route I mentioned probably wouldn't be at a net negative at the absolutely worst.

As a whole though, I'm the biggest apologist for Florida high school football so I don't think this is our actual issue at all- that's why I said I'm not buying the entirety of Pavel Bure's notion.

Advertisement
If you are going to recruit a bunch of kids with no football fundamentals then you better have some quality coaches.

Bro u said it best. Watch south fla high school football on a friday night elite athletes with undisciplined play. U have to have a staff that can coach them up if not it looks like a disaster

Just for perspective, UM has four South Florida OL who started in the NFL this year. Alabama’s entire program has six NFL starters.

And one of our local guys (Linder) is better and higher paid than any Bama OL.

Bringing up the NFL is 100% irrelevant. Again, no one is talking about talent. If we're going to do this, you need to understand that part of it. If anything, the south Florida kid is ready to turn it on when the paycheck is there.

Advertisement
Bringing up the NFL is 100% irrelevant. Again, no one is talking about talent. If we're going to do this, you need to understand that part of it. If anything, the south Florida kid is ready to turn it on when the paycheck is there.

How the fvck is the NFL irrelevant?

The NFL hands out contracts to soft players?

Bro u said it best. Watch south fla high school football on a friday night elite athletes with undisciplined play. U have to have a staff that can coach them up if not it looks like a disaster
Yet those South FLA high school teams still travel out of state and beat programs with better coaching. LOL

Part of the problem is that the Florida high school football coach is a teacher who gets a supplement. In other states, the head football coach makes a hundred grand and doesn't teach any classes. Out of state kids are getting better coaching from the start.

Advertisement
Back