MAX SQUAT DAYYY

http://www.southernpowerlifting.com/spf-rule-book/ you need to read that and find where straps are allowed. I'll wait.........

Here is the registration form.
be sure to fill out the little COMMENT box and tell us what event you are entering and your info just as Raw, Division weight Class, age or what ever

For more info call: Jesse Rodgers – 423-255-3672

Novice (Division for Beginners) and Open (anyone and everyone)

Full Powerlifting, Push/Pull, Bench Press and Deadlift Championship

Raw PL With Wraps: _____ Raw PL Without Wraps: _______
Single Ply: _____ Multi-Ply: _____ Straps for Deadlift Only: ______

Full Powerlifting, Push/Pull, Bench Only, Slingshot Div.
Deadlift without Straps, Deadlift with Straps

Advertisement
Advertisement

Since this thread went to **** long ago and is way off topic anyway, check this out. I just learned about the "Zorse" and had to share. This is actually real.

That is just plain wrong. There are plenty of federations that allow deadlift with straps, however, it is obviously not used for a WR. The Southern Powerlifting Federation has a deadlift with straps competition, which I assume the other poster was referring to.

I said it is UNLIKELY as long as you keep your elbows straight. Not impossible. Look at all the people in the world that pull heavy with mixed grip and never tear their bicep. It is always the weak guys that talk about the "risks of mixed grip" to justify their weak *** grip.

Original your spot on brother , the art of the dead-lift is to ONLY to use your legs period but is a total body in unison lift the second your pull is slowing down going up people will try to use arms yanking this is where the bicep rip a occurs.

Your arms are to just hang there gripping the bar , I might add if any muscle group in the body isn't trained / worked like shoulders, neck even your face muscles EVERYTHING isn't worked in auxiliary work outs along the way will fail.

DEAD-LIFT IS A TOTAL BODY LIFT BUT LEGS TAKE THE BRUNT OF THE POWER TO MOVE THE BAR.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Original your spot on brother , the art of the dead-lift is to ONLY to use your legs period but is a total body in unison lift the second your pull is slowing down going up people will try to use arms yanking this is where the bicep rip a occurs.

Your arms are to just hang there gripping the bar , I might add if any muscle group in the body isn't trained / worked like shoulders, neck even your face muscles EVERYTHING isn't worked in auxiliary work outs along the way will fail.

DEAD-LIFT IS A TOTAL BODY LIFT BUT LEGS TAKE THE BRUNT OF THE POWER TO MOVE THE BAR.

GOCANES
LMAO you guys need to go do some ******* reading. Youre probably one of the people who does deadlifts for "leg day" like a dork. Having a strong back is more important for deadlifts than legs, a little FYI for you guys who dont know what you are talking about

Hey guys, they aren't competing in a powerlifting fed. They're prepping for a sport. Who gives a **** what federation allows straps, when there is no reason not to use them for football players because they don't have a federation mandating how they lift.
I've been saying they SHOULD be using them this whole thread. No need to put them at an unnecessary risk of injury

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back