MAX SQUAT DAYYY

Advertisement
No federation uses straps guy. And you can tear your bicep if you have no slack in your arms but please continue to be wrong

That is just plain wrong. There are plenty of federations that allow deadlift with straps, however, it is obviously not used for a WR. The Southern Powerlifting Federation has a deadlift with straps competition, which I assume the other poster was referring to.

I said it is UNLIKELY as long as you keep your elbows straight. Not impossible. Look at all the people in the world that pull heavy with mixed grip and never tear their bicep. It is always the weak guys that talk about the "risks of mixed grip" to justify their weak *** grip.

You can't get a good spot on a squat.

If it goes wrong, it's maybe the most damaging lift you can do

18 year olds standing around cheering is not a recipe for leaving ego out.

The lift itself does nothing at all you you.

Bull****. look at Cam Harris post. you spot by putting your arms under their armpits and lifting up with them if needed. You look for their upward momentum to stop before you assist.
EASY exercise to spot.

Advertisement
According to Amari Carter’s IG, Miller squatted 575 👀

Really impressed with how he’s progressed physically just has to continue to put it all together on the field

6 plates is 585. I think that's what he meant but impressive nonetheless

That is just plain wrong. There are plenty of federations that allow deadlift with straps, however, it is obviously not used for a WR. The Southern Powerlifting Federation has a deadlift with straps competition, which I assume the other poster was referring to.

I said it is UNLIKELY as long as you keep your elbows straight. Not impossible. Look at all the people in the world that pull heavy with mixed grip and never tear their bicep. It is always the weak guys that talk about the "risks of mixed grip" to justify their weak *** grip.
Obviously you have never done powerlifting. No sanctioned meet allows straps. In strongman yes, but no powerlifting federation uses straps. Now go sit down and be quiet. And mixed grip risk has nothing to do with so called weak grip. As I already said it is a result of a lack of mobility in the shoulder. You are talking to someone who just rehabbed a torn bicep my guy and it had nothing to do with a "weak grip" as I deadlift over 700 lbs. I did however have mobility issues in my shoulder resulting in stress being put on the distal bicep tendon and causing a tear

Obviously you have never done powerlifting. No sanctioned meet allows straps. In strongman yes, but no powerlifting federation uses straps. Now go sit down and be quiet. And mixed grip risk has nothing to do with so called weak grip. As I already said it is a result of a lack of mobility in the shoulder. You are talking to someone who just rehabbed a torn bicep my guy and it had nothing to do with a "weak grip" as I deadlift over 700 lbs. I did however have mobility issues in my shoulder resulting in stress being put on the distal bicep tendon and causing a tear

LMFAO I just named one that allows it. So you can sit down now. If you said "no large federations" or "no respected federations" I would agree with you, but federations do have strapped deadlift comps. The SPF allows it.

Generally the people who spout the "mixed grip causes bicep tears" are people that spend to much time browsing T-Nation and not enough time actually training their deadlifts.

I am sorry to hear that you tore your bicep, but that does not make you an expert on this topic.

This is pretty much what you are saying right now.

"don't touch your chest on bench because it is very dangerous for your shoulders. I had so much scar tissue in my rotator cuff I couldn't even get a broom stick close to my chest. Then I loaded up a bar and tried to touch my chest with it and tore my rotator cuff. This is why its dangerous to bench with a full ROM".

A normal healthy individual is most likely not going to have an issue deadlifting with a mixed grip, assuming they are using good form. Your shoulder mobility issues clearly made it impossible for you to use good form. That is the issue here.

LMFAO I just named one that allows it. So you can sit down now. If you said "no large federations" or "no respected federations" I would agree with you, but federations do have strapped deadlift comps. The SPF allows it.

Generally the people who spout the "mixed grip causes bicep tears" are people that spend to much time browsing T-Nation and not enough time actually training their deadlifts.

I am sorry to hear that you tore your bicep, but that does not make you an expert on this topic.

"don't touch your chest on bench because it is very dangerous for your shoulders. I had so much scar tissue in my rotator cuff I couldn't even get a broom stick close to my chest. Then I loaded up a bar and tried to touch my chest with it and tore my rotator cuff. This is why its dangerous to bench with a full ROM".

A normal healthy individual is most likely not going to have an issue deadlifting with a mixed grip, assuming they are using good form. Your shoulder mobility issues clearly made it impossible for you to use good form. That is the issue here.
Lmao ok buddy you're clueless apparently

Advertisement
Lmao ok buddy you're clueless apparently

No rebuttal because you were proven wrong on 2 counts?

Because you lack the mobility to deadlift with a mixed grip. Now all of a sudden its DANGEROUS TO DO?? LMFAO.

All those millions of mixed grip deadlifters that never tear their biceps must have healthy biceps by work of a miracle.

Spf is not a federation, but rather a joke. Also benching is not risky for your shoulders when done correctly. Again I'm done arguing with you about this stuff because you dont get it. If you want to message me and go over stuff in the dm that's fine. If you come to Tampa I can even show you proper mechanics and things to do to correct your issues but other than that I'm good with the arguing about nonsense

Last edited:
No rebuttal because you were proven wrong on 2 counts?

Because you lack the mobility to deadlift with a mixed grip. Now all of a sudden its DANGEROUS TO DO?? LMFAO.

All those millions of mixed grip deadlifters that never tear their biceps must have healthy biceps by work of a miracle.
It has ZERO to do with the bicep. You do realize they dont actually tear the muscle right? Or do you really thing the bicep muscle tears with that injury? Again you dont have the knowledge to talk about this stuff. My dpt buddies are dying laughing at the **** you are saying

Advertisement
Spf is not a federation, but rather a joke. Also benching is not risky for your shoulders when done correctly. Again I'm done arguing with you about this stuff because you dont get it. If you want to message me and go over stuff in the dm that's fine. If you come to Tampa I can even show you proper mechanics and things to do to correct your issues but other than that I'm good with the arguing about nonsense

No, it is a federation. Just because it is not respected does not mean it is not a federation. These where the types of competitions I was referring to.

I see my analogy went over your head. I never said Benching full ROM is bad for you. Basically you are saying "please don't embarrass me anymore in this thread. Do it in private"

It has ZERO to do with the bicep. You do realize they dont actually tear the muscle right? Or do you really thing the bicep muscle tears with that injury? Again you dont have the knowledge to talk about this stuff. My dpt buddies are dying laughing at the **** you are saying

This has nothing to do with the debate. It is the tendon that usually gets injured, however, the nonsense you were posting earlier about mixed grip putting you at some extreme risk is just nonsense. Regardless of what your DPT buddies think. I will bring this thread to my gym on Thursday and we will all get a good laugh at you and your 700lb squat, unless of course, you weigh 59kgs.

This has nothing to do with the debate. It is the tendon that usually gets injured, however, the nonsense you were posting earlier about mixed grip putting you at some extreme risk is just nonsense. Regardless of what your DPT buddies think. I will bring this thread to my gym on Thursday and we will all get a good laugh at you and your 700lb squat, unless of course, you weigh 59kgs.
Laugh at a 700 lb squat all you want. It's still significantly more than you will ever do. Same with bench and deadlift. You are clearly not educated when it comes to powerlifting and it shows with your moronic posts.

Advertisement
No, it is a federation. Just because it is not respected does not mean it is not a federation. These where the types of competitions I was referring to.

I see my analogy went over your head. I never said Benching full ROM is bad for you. Basically you are saying "please don't embarrass me anymore in this thread. Do it in private"
http://www.southernpowerlifting.com/spf-rule-book/ you need to read that and find where straps are allowed. I'll wait.........

Laugh at a 700 lb squat all you want. It's still significantly more than you will ever do. Same with bench and deadlift. You are clearly not educated when it comes to powerlifting and it shows with your moronic posts.

Not only is not higher than I can DL, but I don't brag about my deadlift either. I know guys that warm up with it so I keep my mouth shut about my lifts.

Advertisement
Back