MAX SQUAT DAYYY

Advertisement
If you actually do the research they have them all using a hex bar now to prevent putting the arm at risk of a tear and it's more sport specific for explosion

Thats false. UM posted videos a weeks ago with kids deadlifting with a straight bar. I know OSU still uses straight bar deadlifts with mixed grip. Joe Defranco who has trained a lot more NFL players than you have, still uses the straight bar deadlift with mixed grip.

And the schools that did switch to trap bar its not because of risking arm tears lmao. Its for the other reason you mentioned.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just lift where you can control the weight, which maxing doesn't do.

Yeah, they need to lift. It's part of the deal. There will be long term damage from it. Let's not make it catastrophic.

(If you're over 40 and still squat heavy, get a CT scan of your vertebrae, please)
There is something to be said about squatting too much, going too heavy. I saw 3 bricks so that might have just been 315. My guess is he would have been repping 315. I know it could be more, I just didn't see other bricks!

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is something to be said about squatting too much, going too heavy. I saw 3 bricks so that might have just been 315. My guess is he would have been repping 315. I know it could be more, I just didn't see other bricks!
2x100 + 2x45x + 1x25 + 1x5+ 1x2.5 per side = 322.5x2 = 645 + 55lb squat bar = 700 total.

Beltless, it seems, and I couldn’t see any knee wraps or sleeves.

No lift - not to depth, but this wasn’t an IPF competition.

Impressive for a college football player.

Last edited:
Mirabal also posted a video of Logan Sagapolu squatting 700. It’s going to be interesting to see who wins out at the guard spot this year. Hopefully Rivers is RT and the 6’3 guys - Scaife, Sagapolu, Oluwassen, Traore etc are battling for interior jobs. John Campbell is the wild card. If he’s healthy he may find a spot too.

Advertisement
Back