Matt Doherty Fired

Advertisement
A few days ago I wrote that after signing day when he has a chance to take a breath that Diaz needed to evaluate the recruiting department. The recruiting department and the coaching staff were not on the same page and it was obvious.

While I am surprised, my surprise is more a function of being used to the status quo going unchallenged. Knowing the type of coach and leader Diaz is, this move shouldn't really surprise anyone.

I don't know what type of gameday coach Diaz will be. What I do know is that we hired a savage. An absolute goon! It is becoming crystal clear that Diaz has a well defined vision for this program and that mediocrity is NOT something that will be tolerated. In the span of 6 weeks, Diaz has made just about every move and addressed every issue that we have been banging away at on this board. In that short time he has taken a dumpster fire and turned it into the place to come to. It's strikingly apparent that Diaz intends to win and when I say win I mean Conference and National titles. Manny obviously knows that this program is like a volcano that has been lying dormant for almost 2 decades. Diaz wants to make this Bytch erupt and he will do everything in his power to make that happen.

It’s nice to find posts like this that are verbatim what I was thinking. I agree 💯 with this dude. 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼🙌🏽👏🏼

Everyone so quick to talk about how terrible he must've been to get fired are forgetting that we had the #12, and #8 class prior to this season. Additionally, Jim Harbaugh also hired him as recruiting coordinator and we just hired him back from them. It wasn't a performance fire.

Advertisement

We haven't had a top class in a long time

Nobody likes people to lose their job, but we expect more at the U

EXTREMELY important position.....Manny has definite ideas what he wants/expects.

What I like is that this isn’t Diaz just coming in and firing somebody to bring in his own people. He has been there for three years, and knows things can be done better. This is a head coach/CEO move. All business.

Advertisement
no matter how his coaching resume goes as a HC from here on out, one thing is for certain.

manny is a savage, if you don't do the job you'll get dropped like you don't even exist.

i'm blown away

My guess is that the new guys Diaz brought in went and told him Doherty was in way over his head from the places and organizations they were at in the past. So Diaz trusted his new hires and went a different direction.

My guess is that the new guys Diaz brought in went and told him Doherty was in way over his head from the places and organizations they were at in the past. So Diaz trusted his new hires and went a different direction.

Or maybe they just reinforced what Manny already suspected. I really have to wonder what has been going on in that recruiting office. It has to be more than just a philosophical difference. All these recruits we recently offered have had offers for the better part of a year from other P5 programs. some are on the verge of committing. and we know that a couple of them were very interested in Miami as far back as last summer.

Or maybe they just reinforced what Manny already suspected. I really have to wonder what has been going on in that recruiting office. It has to be more than just a philosophical difference. All these recruits we recently offered have had offers for the better part of a year from other P5 programs. some are on the verge of committing. and we know that a couple of them were very interested in Miami as far back as last summer.
Yeah that’s a fair assessment. I just think Richt was trying to be picky to create a sense of honor regarding an offer from the U. Maybe Manny sees how that backfired and hence a philosophical difference.
Though I was thinking more from just an organizational standpoint. Like Doherty is not as deeply thorough as other programs and comparatively it’s amateur hour in there. Like what he was talking about regarding the portal and keeping files on kids has been a thing for a long time now. And the new guys were like “hey Manny this dude is NOT qualified for the job he has and that’s your issue with some of the recruiting issues your having”

Advertisement

“Fully refurbished football facility “

I wonder What specific changes they make to the player lounge and lockeroom? We need a makeover there imo and a more updated style

The only people that has credibility for something like that would be Dan Enos and Stephen Fields. None of the other new coaches were at a blue blood or strong recruiting gig prior to this one.

Advertisement
They need to bring in a Polynesian to help establish a connection with some of the big boys out west. **** Ohio St, Bama, LSU, and Tenn are bringing them in with staff connections or bags (possibly both). So Miami needs to get o board also.

Go Canes

This man gets it!

We haven't won anything meaningful in nearly two decades. Clearly there is something extremely wrong with how the program is being run. The more we weed out guys like Doherty who've been here for 7+ years the better.

Advertisement
Back