Matchup in the Trenches

Advertisement
I don't think Miami has faced anyone near the quality of the ND offensive line

4 total posts, 2 of which have been pro-Notre Dame. Goes by the name of "ChicagoIrish". Joined site within last 6 days. I question the legitimacy of this user. Dare I say.... #Band

Signed up today. I am a ND fan. Not disrespecting Miami but, upon reading the board, there is very little respect for ND. Just trying to add some perspective.

Advertisement
It was a close loss but Georgia comes to mind.

Miami has a much better line than Georgia. How does one measure a "better" DL? Look at defensive stats - Miami is right up there for sacks (5th) and TFLs (1st). No other school has those rankings in those categories.

The DL has been held all season long and no calls. Maybe this game the Canes get proper officiating.

Wait you think the ND game will be the one where calls go our way? LOL like Jimmie said, we can't leave the outcome in the hands of the refs.

Advertisement
UGA is very talented upfront, this will be a real battle for our DL and LBs. I expect us to give up a few long runs like we always do, we need to hit that QB and hit him often. We can knock him out of the game and think we will.

I don't think Miami has faced anyone near the quality of the ND offensive line

4 total posts, 2 of which have been pro-Notre Dame. Goes by the name of "ChicagoIrish". Joined site within last 6 days. I question the legitimacy of this user. Dare I say.... #Band

Or maybe he's an ND fan trying to have some civilized discussion.

Maybe. Time will tell. I for one am surely thankful that we have the opportunity to gain such perspective. Especially from a fanbase that has been so respectful towards our team/players. We have a lot to learn.

Signed up today. I am a ND fan. Not disrespecting Miami but, upon reading the board, there is very little respect for ND. Just trying to add some perspective.

Because you’re a gimmick...literally. Your offense is predicated on running the football and throwing off reads created by your massive rushing attack. We go 8 deep on our D-line with 6 guys that are probably going to be draft picks(UGA and N.C. State don’t go that deep) with two of our starting LB’s bonafide draft picks too...you’re not running for 200 yards against us like you did against N.C. state. We also have three NFL caliber corners on the roster in Mike Jackson, Malek Young, and Dee Delaney on the roster with a stud freshman and a promising JUCO that rotate in as well AND they are all good tacklers.

If we play shallow zone , take away the middle of the field, and force Wimbush/your receivers to be beat our corners to beat us you guys won’t score more than 17 points.

Advertisement

I, for one, don't want it. I suspect a lot of people posting here don't want notre dame perspective either.

But Miami is 67th versus the run. ND likes to run.

that's a reflection of defensive philosophy rather than talent. Manny Diaz's defenses are very aggressive and at times, can leave gaps that are exposed. That's what we faced throughout the year. It's been feast or famine against the run until VT. That has very little to do with DL quality.,

Advertisement
That's true, our DC like to blitz and stunt and it can create opportunities on both sides. The past few games we've played more straight up and controlled the run (see VT game) interested to see how he calls this game.

ACC is going to protect Miami this game. It benefits the ACC more for UM to win. They brought us into this conference for a reason.

I fully expect us to get a few calls.

But Miami is 67th versus the run. ND likes to run.

And that is known and established. Seemingly every game our defense has been able to take away what the other team leans on to succeed. I have a feeling we're gonna sell out to stop the run and put the onus on our DBs to win their individual matchups.

Advertisement
Back